1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 05:17
    According to Rajk999 ‘Saved is not equal to eternal life’.

Does this mean you can be saved but still be lost?

Is there any scriptural support for this claim?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 06:21
    @dj2becker said

You have quoted Rajk999, can you provide to the link to where he said it so we can see the context.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 07:53
    @divegeester said
    You have quoted Rajk999, can you provide to the link to where he said it so we can see the context.
    5th post from the bottom:

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/bruneis-new-laws.180589/page-35
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 08:181 edit
    @dj2becker said
    5th post from the bottom:

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/bruneis-new-laws.180589/page-35
    Ok you could have at least bothered to lift the text! Here it is:

@Rajk999 said:
    Yes. I do not accept YOUR interpretation where you remove the word saved and insert eternal life. According to you, you get eternal life by faith.
    Saved is not equal to eternal life.
    All people are saved from the condemnation of the sin of Adam by the death and resurrection of Christ
    Paul edplained this but it is YOU that refuse to quote all of Pauls writings
    Eternal life only comes to those who do good works and live righteously.
    Saved, Holy Spirit, born again is no guarantee of eternal life.
    I have already did the explanation of this many times.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 08:19
    Oh, and I have no idea what he’s on about.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 08:23
    @divegeester said
    Ok you could have at least bothered to lift the text! Here it is:

@Rajk999 said:
    Yes. I do not accept YOUR interpretation where you remove the word saved and insert eternal life. According to you, you get eternal life by faith.
    Saved is not equal to eternal life.
    All people are saved from the condemnation of the sin of Adam by the death and resurrection o ...[text shortened]... in is no guarantee of eternal life.
    I have already did the explanation of this many times.
    My bad, thanks.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 09:30
    @dj2becker said

The proof requires you to do more than read and quote oneliners and cherry pick the writings of Paul, In several of Pauls letters to the churches, he explains to them:
    - how they are saved and have the Holy Spirit and are born again
    - how they are required to live in their new life in Christ
    - what the consequences are of failure to live righteously.
    - failure means no inheritance in the Kingdom of God

Clearly this means that saved is not synonymous with eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

You need to read it yourself and stop asking people to explain basic elementary doctrine.
    -
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 09:381 edit
    @rajk999 said
    The proof requires you to do more than read and quote oneliners and cherry pick the writings of Paul, In several of Pauls letters to the churches, he explains to them:
    - how they are saved and have the Holy Spirit and are born again
    - how they are required to live in their new life in Christ
    - what the consequences are of failure to live righteously.
    - failure means no i ...[text shortened]... God.

You need to read it yourself and stop asking people to explain basic elementary doctrine.
    -
    Would you agree that as long as someone is saved they will inherit eternal life? Obviously you can loose your salvation but then you are no longer saved. It’s not a difficult concept to understand.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 09:482 edits
    @dj2becker said
    Would you agree that as long as someone is saved they will inherit eternal life? Obviously you can loose your salvation but then you are no longer saved. It’s not a difficult concept to understand.
    NO. Definitely not. They were saved. The saving is done by Christ. To now say that anyone is no longer saved means that Christ failed. It is people that failed, not that God changed his mind. No such thing happened.

God through Christ saves. This is the door to eternal life. If a man says he is going to walk through that door but does not, then he is lost. The saving process, the Holy Spirit all happened, the man just did not walk through the door and was denied entry into the Kingdom of God.

Paul made this point many times that not all the saved Christian saints will inherit eternal life. The saved can fall away and be damned.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 09:56
    @dj2becker said

Saved means your saved, lost means your lost. The trouble with many isn't that they are saved, it is what they think that means, if you say a few words, do a few works, go do some religious activity that means your right with God. Our opinions, if they are not based upon reality will let us down and that will be the biggest let down of all time literally.

Getting saved is through Jesus Christ, it is a daily thing where we pick up crosses and follow Him, it isn't a one time event. If you don't know Him in this life you will not in the next, He will tell you depart from me I never knew you.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 11:10
    @kellyjay said
    Saved means your saved, lost means your lost. The trouble with many isn't that they are saved, it is what they think that means, if you say a few words, do a few works, go do some religious activity that means your right with God. Our opinions, if they are not based upon reality will let us down and that will be the biggest let down of all time literally.

Getting saved is ...[text shortened]... 't know Him in this life you will not in the next, He will tell you depart from me I never knew you.
    Do you claim to be "saved"?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:18
    I have been saved.
    I am in the process of being saved.
    I will be saved.

The New Testament teaches all three.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:51
    @sonship said
    I have been saved.
    I will be saved.

The New Testament teaches all three.
    Your church preach three. The bible preaches another doctrine

1. I have been saved - cleansed by the blood of Christ.

2. I am in the process of being saved. - by the Holy Spirit reminding me to follow the commandments of Christ and to live righteously

3. If I live righteously, I will be given eternal life in the last day when Jesus returns

4. If I continue to live in sin, I will be cast out of the Kingdom of God.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 14:422 edits
    @Rajk999

The church teaches three because the New Testament does. The church is "the pillar and base of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15)

1.) SAVED as to the past -
    "For by grace you HAVE BEEN SAVED through faith, and this not of yourself it is the gift of God" (Eph. 2:8)

2.) In the process of BEING SAVED as to the present -
    "For we are a fragrance of Christ to God in those who are BEING SAVED and in those who are perishing." (2 Cor. 2:15)

"For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are BEING SAVED it is the power of God." (1 Cor. 1:18)

3.) The Christians WILL BE SAVED as to the future.
    "For it we being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death if His Son, much more we WILL BE SAVED in His life, having been reconciled." (Rom. 5:10)

"Much more then, having now been justified in His blood, we WILL BE SAVED through Him from the wrath." (Rom 5:9)

"If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself WILL BE SAVED, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:15)

Thank God for the sound teaching in the local churches, the church - "the pillar and base of the truth".

I was saved.
    I will be saved.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 15:12
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

The church teaches three because the New Testament does. The church is "the pillar and base of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15)

1.) SAVED as to the past -
    "For by grace you HAVE BEEN SAVED through faith, and this not of yourself it is the gift of God" (Eph. 2:8) [/ ...[text shortened]... of the truth".

I was saved.
    I will be saved.
    Of course. My apologies. The church has the truth. Here is one such truth. Let me know if you need some more.

Sao Paulo: An evangelical pastor has been arrested for raping his faithful, after convincing them that his reproductive organs contained “holy milk” which they need for holy healing.
    Sobrino Valdeci Picanto, an evangelical pastor from Brazil, persuaded his followers that he practiced his strange beliefs because it was the way he preached the word, saying that his ‘milk’ was sacred.
    And this pastor said his reproductives was blessed and that “the Lord had consecrated with divine milk of the Holy Spirit” and of course, had to go around evangelizing.
    “He convinced us that only God could come into our lives through the mouth”, a follower said,
    “Often, after worship, Pastor Valdeci asked us to do perform oral acts on him until the Holy Spirit came through seed and delivered funds to the church.”
    Sobrino Valdeci Picanto, 59, was arrested in Apore, Goiás, Brazil, for raping several women attending his church.
    He gave as an excuse that his reproductive organs had been consecrated with “divine seminal fluid of the Holy Spirit.”
    Valdecir came to abuse some elderly, and defends himself by saying that ‘he had an encounter with Jesus in a brothel and gave him the mission of spreading the sacred semen throughout the state, beginning with the faithful Apore Assembly, of which he is responsible’.
    Denise Pinheiro, delegate of the region, said, “Valdecir was caught red-handed while rubbing his reproductive units in the face of a local merchant, which promised to make more sales in her business due to the divine liquid.
    When we acted Valdecir offered no resistance and even asked if I wanted to be part of the kingdom of heaven on the way to the police station.
    [i]Sao Paulo: An evangelical pastor has been arrested for raping his faithful, after convincing them that his reproductive organs contained “holy milk” which they need for holy healing.
    Sobrino Valdeci Picanto, an evangelical pastor from Brazil, persuaded his followers that he practiced his strange beliefs because it was the way he preached the word, saying that his ‘milk’ was sacred.
    And this pastor said his reproductives was blessed and that “the Lord had consecrated with divine milk of the Holy Spirit” and of course, had to go around evangelizing.
    “He convinced us that only God could come into our lives through the mouth”, a follower said,
    “Often, after worship, Pastor Valdeci asked us to do perform oral acts on him until the Holy Spirit came through seed and delivered funds to the church.”
    Sobrino Valdeci Picanto, 59, was arrested in Apore, Goiás, Brazil, for raping several women attending his church.
    He gave as an excuse that his reproductive organs had been consecrated with “divine seminal fluid of the Holy Spirit.”
    Valdecir came to abuse some elderly, and defends himself by saying that ‘he had an encounter with Jesus in a brothel and gave him the mission of spreading the sacred semen throughout the state, beginning with the faithful Apore Assembly, of which he is responsible’.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree