damage to a part of brain=fundamentalism

damage to a part of brain=fundamentalism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 May 17

FMF:You said he expects people to believe in some super-natural powers of medicine.

Originally posted by Executioner Brand
Yes the people he prescribes them to and the people who are having them prescribed.
Where did he state this?

Grass Farmer

Moves
17 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Where did he state this?
Why does he need to state that?

He believes the medications he prescribes meds he believes helps people but failed when given the opportunity to explain it scientifically leaving us with his meaningless faith which I do not believe.

Grass Farmer

Moves
17 May 17

How many people on anti-psychotic medications do you know? I know quite a few and I do not see any living a the good life of the psychiatrist's beliefs that they live with. You can hardly even talk to them but these psychiatrists from 3rd world countries believe they have saved them through the power of their medications.

Grass Farmer

Moves
17 May 17

know how many zeros I just made. 😀

F

Moves
17 May 17

How many people on anti-psychotic medications do you know? I know quite a few and I do not see any living a the good life of the psychiatrist's beliefs that they live with. You can hardly even talk to them but these psychiatrists from 3rd world countries believe they have saved them through the power of their medications.
If you're angry about something or obsessed with some theory you have, that's one thing. But I don't see why you have to make false claims about Ghost of a Duke and attribute beliefs to him that you have simply made up.

F

Moves
17 May 17

FMF: Where did he state this?

Why does he need to state that?
In order to make your claims about him true.

Moves
17 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Why must I admit that?

How does your statement affect my position?
If I have to accept the possibility that God does exist, then why wouldn't you have to accept the possibility that he doesn't?

Moves
17 May 17

Why would he work in a profession and prescribe medications without a belief he is healing people. he obviously lives by faith cause he for some reason he didn't or probably couldn't explain scientifically how he heals people with his medications.[/b]
Not faith sir, 'results.'

Of course medications work differently on different people, and there is often a period of trial and error to find the most effective medication and dosage. - I have also made clear to you that there is no 'miracle drug' and that medication may only be part of a treatment, or play no part at all. (And am happy to report I have never electrocuted anybody, or forced medication on anybody who didn't want to take it).

c

Moves
17 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
If I have to accept the possibility that God does exist, then why wouldn't you have to accept the possibility that he doesn't?
Because I see evidence of creation without having seen the Creator.

That said, I could admit that I have been struggling with knowing for certain that God and/or Jesus are that Creator.

In my opinion, the Bible makes it difficult when trying to understand the character of God.

But this does not sway my view that a Creator exists.

Moves
17 May 17

Because I see evidence of creation without having seen the Creator.

That said, I could admit that I have been struggling with knowing for certain that God and/or Jesus are that Creator.

In my opinion, the Bible makes it difficult when trying to understand the character of God.

But this does not sway my view that a Creator exists.
Are you not open to the possibility sir of more unlikely evidence coming along that disputes the existence of a Creator? Say, the arrival of an alien race who provide conclusive evidence to the contrary.

c

Moves
17 May 17

Are you not open to the possibility sir of more unlikely evidence coming along that disputes the existence of a Creator? Say, the arrival of an alien race who provide conclusive evidence to the contrary.
Well, the vatican has in recent years stated that an alien race would not affect their position on God, because God created them too.

But, that is for another debate.

Origin of life.....if an alien race came to earth and had an explanation of origin of life, with evidence, then I could not oppose having an open mind and reviewing such evidence.

Moves
17 May 17

Well, the vatican has in recent years stated that an alien race would not affect their position on God, because God created them too.

But, that is for another debate.

Origin of life.....if an alien race came to earth and had an explanation of origin of life, with evidence, then I could not oppose having an open mind and reviewing such evidence.
Then sir if the same alien race came with evidence that the universe wasn't created but had always existed, you likewise, 'could not oppose having an open mind and reviewing such evidence.'

Bottom line, you erred when you said one couldn't say something was impossible and then change one's mind when confronted by new evidence.

Ghost 89 - Chaney -7

c

Moves
17 May 17

Then sir if the same alien race came with evidence that the universe wasn't created but had always existed, you likewise, 'could not oppose having an open mind and reviewing such evidence.'

Bottom line, you erred when you said one couldn't say something was impossible and then change one's mind when confronted by new evidence.

Ghost 89 - Chaney -7
I take issue with the term 'impossible' because it comes with it a closed mind. If you are so readily willing to change your mind with new evidence, then that word should be avoided.

Impossible=closed mind.
Possible=open mind.

Chaney 90. Ghost 5.
Lol 🙂

Moves
17 May 17

I take issue with the term 'impossible' because it comes with it a closed mind. If you are so readily willing to change your mind with new evidence, then that word should be avoided.

Impossible=closed mind.
Possible=open mind.

Chaney 90. Ghost 5.
Lol 🙂
Your math sir is impossible.

c

Moves
17 May 17

Your math sir is impossible.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, 'I'm possible"!

Audrey Hepburn
🙂