1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 20:07
    @chaney3 said
    KellyJay..... you have admitted on this forum that you are disobedient to God.

Did you REALLY read the list of curses?
    Do you deserve these curses due to your disobedience?
    Don’t be like dive, read the whole posts, not omitting key parts so that the meaning is lost. We are saved by grace due to the love of God for us, not because we live by some standard of deserving merit. None of us are good enough, so salvation is by Christ alone through faith alone.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 20:19
    @kellyjay said
    Don’t be like dive, read the whole posts, not omitting key parts so that the meaning is lost. We are saved by grace due to the love of God for us, not because we live by some standard of deserving merit. None of us are good enough, so salvation is by Christ alone through faith alone.
    At times I understand Dive's point.

I am asking you about some horrible, evil, disturbing, sinister curses that God wants to unleash on disobedient people..... and your general response is how God loves us.

I think the problem with having a discussion with you is that you never want to concede doubt about scripture, or that maybe it doesn't make sense, or maybe a God would never say some of the things that are attributed to Him.

Deuteronomy 28: 15-68 is pure evil.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 20:53
    Verse 30, the woman you are going to marry will be taken by another man and RAVISHED!!!

Nice.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 20:55
    Verse 27, God will afflict you with boils, tumors, and festering sores that cannot be healed

Nice.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 21:02
    Verse 35, God will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured.

Nice.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 21:04
    Verse 34, the sights you see will drive you mad.

Nice.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 21:07
    Verse 22, God will strike you with wasting disease until you perish.

Nice.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 21:20
    @chaney3 said
    At times I understand Dive's point.

I am asking you about some horrible, evil, disturbing, sinister curses that God wants to unleash on disobedient people..... and your general response is how God loves us.

I think the problem with having a discussion with you is that you never want to concede doubt about scripture, or that maybe it doesn't make sense, or maybe a God would never say some of the things that are attributed to Him.

Deuteronomy 28: 15-68 is pure evil.
    dive ignores whole arguments and posts to fixate one a single point out of context he wants to use to prove his points, as you are doing here. God created the universe and everything in it, His great two commandments are to love Him and each other, that is the foundation for all of us His commandments.

The world 🌎 hates, it would sacrifice its own lives, the lives of its children just to satisfy its lusts and justify its hate.

You think that God who loves all of us will not react when in His creation lies, murder, lust, and all manner of evil takes place in it? The evil you are reading about is man’s, and seeing God hold man accountable for the evil man does is just.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 21:231 edit
    @kellyjay said
    dive ignores whole arguments and posts to fixate one a single point out of context he wants to use to prove his points, as you are doing here. God created the universe and everything in it, His great two commandments are to love Him and each other, that is the foundation for all of us His commandments.

The world 🌎 hates, it would sacrifice its own lives, the lives of its ...[text shortened]... l you are reading about is man’s, and seeing God hold man accountable for the evil man does is just.
    I get what you're saying.....but... you are included in the people who will be cursed, as mentioned in Deuteronomy, for your disobedience.

Do you really believe that?
    Do you really believe God said those things?

Edit: let's not forget that if God said those things, Jesus said those things. Just in case you decide to fast forward to the New Testament, forgetting that Jesus existed with God (somehow) in the Old Testament.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 22:18
    @chaney3 said
    I get what you're saying.....but... you are included in the people who will be cursed, as mentioned in Deuteronomy, for your disobedience.

Do you really believe that?
    Do you really believe God said those things?

Edit: let's not forget that if God said those things, Jesus said those things. Just in case you decide to fast forward to the New Testament, forgetting that Jesus existed with God (somehow) in the Old Testament.
    Yes, absolutely, I'm included. The frigging world is included there are no exceptions!

The mercy of God is given to the guilty, we are called to repent and turn to the
    Lord, there is no one good except God. The standard is perfection, none of us are
    that, more times than not we accuse God instead of owning up to our faults. He
    didn't have to save us, but because of His love for us, Jesus came and took all of our
    guilt upon Himself, so He settled all accounts each of us has that go against God
    without exception. So when asked if I'm worthy, my answer is going to be truthful,
    no I am not, none of us are.

The self-righteous will not admit their faults to God, in the end, when we stand
    before God, all excuses will melt due to the truth who is Christ Jesus. The one
    who died for our forgiveness is our judge, if He casts us out, we have no one
    to blame but ourselves. He laid down His life for us, we can accept His gift or
    not, He calls us, we turn to Him or die in our sins.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '22 22:42
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, absolutely, I'm included. The frigging world is included there are no exceptions!

The mercy of God is given to the guilty, we are called to repent and turn to the
    Lord, there is no one good except God. The standard is perfection, none of us are
    that, more times than not we accuse God instead of owning up to our faults. He
    didn't have to save us, but because of His ...[text shortened]... own His life for us, we can accept His gift or
    not, He calls us, we turn to Him or die in our sins.
    So you admit that you're not worthy.

Do you dismiss the curses in Deuteronomy?
    Are they empty words, or no longer apply?

Again, how can we dismiss the Old Testament, when Jesus was present in the Old Testament?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '22 01:39
    @chaney3 said
    So you admit that you're not worthy.

Do you dismiss the curses in Deuteronomy?
    Are they empty words, or no longer apply?

Again, how can we dismiss the Old Testament, when Jesus was present in the Old Testament?
    God opposing evil is something God will do always because He is good. So God telling those He called to be His people how it will play out walking in His ways or rebelling is simply God giving a heads up. The choice to not walk His ways is one God wanted them to avoid.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '22 02:30
    @kellyjay said
    God opposing evil is something God will do always because He is good. So God telling those He called to be His people how it will play out walking in His ways or rebelling is simply God giving a heads up. The choice to not walk His ways is one God wanted them to avoid.
    Did you read my posts above? Posts 3-7 on this page? Did you read Deuteronomy 28: 15-68?

I am waiting, still, for your opinion on those verses, because it shows God repaying disobedience by dishing out some horrific curses.

It's not that we humans don't deserve a little discipline for our rebellion....but seriously, did you read God's solution? It's as twisted as it gets.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '22 03:11
    @chaney3 said
    Did you read my posts above? Posts 3-7 on this page? Did you read Deuteronomy 28: 15-68?

I am waiting, still, for your opinion on those verses, because it shows God repaying disobedience by dishing out some horrific curses.

It's not that we humans don't deserve a little discipline for our rebellion....but seriously, did you read God's solution? It's as twisted as it gets.
    Unless you are aware of how bad evil is how can you make the judgment call on God’s judgment? What do you think disobeying God is, acts of righteousness? God is good, every good thing comes from God, His ways are just, and you call God’s ways evil.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '22 07:02
    @kellyjay said
    Don’t be like dive, read the whole posts, not omitting key parts so that the meaning is lost.
    You are misrepresenting me kellyjay.

Remember what you said about all your words being judged by Jesus!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree