Creation?

Creation?

Spirituality

t

Moves
04 Feb 10

Were people created or was religion created as a way for man to control his peers?

s

England

Moves
04 Feb 10

Originally posted by tomtom232
Were people created or was religion created as a way for man to control his peers?
yes... and yes it is used in many forms for control

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 Feb 10

"Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?"

Friedrich Nietzsche

Cape Town

Moves
04 Feb 10

Religion was not 'created' because religion is not an entity and has no concrete existence. Some religions were invented by men in order to control their peers and others were invented for other reasons, but I suspect that the majority arose by far more complex means. Certainly the worlds current major religions arose over fairly long periods with input from many people and without a single specific purpose or plan in mind.

j

Moves
04 Feb 10

Why can't both be true ?

j

Moves
04 Feb 10

If there is a Creator of man is that the Creator of religion or the Creator in reality ?

t

Moves
04 Feb 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Religion was not 'created' because religion is not an entity and has no concrete existence. Some religions were invented by men in order to control their peers and others were invented for other reasons, but I suspect that the majority arose by far more complex means. Certainly the worlds current major religions arose over fairly long periods with input from many people and without a single specific purpose or plan in mind.
Religion was not 'created' because religion is not an entity and has no concrete existence... You can leave out the pedantic semantics because I'm not stupid. The question wouldn't have the same effect if I had used 'invented' instead.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 10

God created humans but religion was created by man. All the original lovers of God only followed their hearts and conscience and did what they knew God expected of them. They were not part of any religion, just pure worship. It is man that has deveated from that pure worship with the help of Satan's enfluance and has created what we call religions and could be traced back to the Tower of Babel when man was scatterd about the earth and took their false ideas with them.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 10

Both.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.