Creation vs. Evolution

Creation vs. Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
15 Sep 07

Originally posted by whodey
The creation myth? Why not say the abiogenesis myth? You either view life as being created from a source of directed intellegence or without it. Either way you are talking about mysterious forces that we cannot fully comprehend. It simply makes us feel better about ourselves by leaving the "God" term out of the equation because it diludes us into thinkin ...[text shortened]... or form evolving from nonliving matter, however, they can neither observe it nor duplicate it.
Abiogenesis is a testable hypothesis.

j

Moves
15 Sep 07
2 edits

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Abiogenesis is a testable hypothesis.
There are 31 verses in Genesis chapter one.

What fully conclusive and indistutable scientific fact proves without a shadow of doubt one or more of those verses cannot be true?

Is there something we know that proves verse 1 is not true?

Is there something we know that proves that verse 2 is not true?

What about the third, fourth, and fifth verse?

Which one cannot be true because of some near universally accepted scientifically known fact?

L

Moves
15 Sep 07

Originally posted by jaywill

What fully conclusive and indistutable scientific [b]fact
proves without a shadow of doubt one or more of those verses cannot be true?

What about the third, fourth, and ...[text shortened]...
Which one cannot be true because of some near universally accepted scientifically known fact?[/b]
that is a great way to put it

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
15 Sep 07

What fully conclusive and indistutable scientific [b]fact
proves without a shadow of doubt one or more of those verses cannot be true?

What about the third, fourth, and ...[text shortened]...
Which one cannot be true because of some near universally accepted scientifically known fact?[/b]
When are you going to understand that science cannot prove a negative? Science, also, cannot prove "beyond a shadow of a doubt" that The Hobbit isn't true.

Think about it, learn it, and stop asking these types of questions...please!

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
15 Sep 07

Originally posted by LivingForJesus
that is a great way to put it
No, it isn't.

j

Moves
15 Sep 07

Originally posted by TheSkipper
When are you going to understand that science cannot prove a negative? Science, also, cannot prove "beyond a shadow of a doubt" that The Hobbit isn't true.

It would be nice if you did not treat me as if I think science is useless or not important. I am fascinated with science and have been a subscriber to Discovery Magazine.

If "beyond a shadow of doubt" seems unfair to you then how about just a reasonable doubt?

Notice that I ASKED the question. I did not state catagorically that you have no examples.

If this question seems unfair to you, there are a number of smug type who seem sure that Genesis can be discarded because of something we know science has proved.

Sorry to say but there are one or two of those types who frequent this Forum.

Now as to science not being able to prove a negative ?? Are you SURE about that ? To a reasonable degree of certainty why cannot science prove a negative?

j

Moves
15 Sep 07

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You don't want me to ask these types of questions?

Hey, I didn't write the name of this discussion "Creation verses Evolution".

If some make these types of dichotomies then I can ask these types of questions.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
15 Sep 07

[b]+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You don't want me to ask these types of questions?

Hey, I didn't write the name of this discussion "Creation verses Evolution".

If some make these types of dichotomies then I can ask these types of questions.[/b]
Look, the BEST way to promote your particular idea about how life evolved is by making sure that it makes more sense than the other guy's idea. Asking the other guy to somehow "disprove" every idea you come up with is silly, and a waste of time.

Maybe you don't understand what proving a negative is all about, i will give you an exmple.

I'm going to assume you do not believe the tooth fairy exists...now prove that it does not exist.

Good luck.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
I was just about to say that I have never met anyone who has attempted to defend creationism by being completely truthful, but then I realized that since you never seem to make any concrete statements you are probably not quite lying. But then you are usually so vague that you can hardly be said to be defending creationism. Your argument usually amounts t re definitely being somewhat dishonest by always avoiding any actual analysis of the subject.
It is simply this, we can have an event that happened hours ago, odds
are what we see in the here and now we have a better grip on when it
comes to what is, isn't valid data when it comes to understanding
that event than what we could on a event that happened 300 years
ago. Now if you disagree, why? Personally, I believe we have to deal
with less assumptions the closer to the present time than the distant
past.

Do you accuse people of lying that disagree with you when it comes to
this subject as a matter of standard practice?
Kelly

j

Moves
16 Sep 07
1 edit

I'm going to assume you do not believe the tooth fairy exists...now prove that it does not exist.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you think that a belief in an intelligent creative law giver behind the natural laws that govern the universe and a tooth fairy who allegedly puts a dime under children's pillows when they lose a tooth - are roughly the same idea?

So by comparing an intelligent uncreated and eternal Divine Life as the source of all created lives with the tooth fairy you hope to demonstrate that both ideas are equally qualified to be dismissed by the thinking man?

Illinois

Moves
16 Sep 07

Originally posted by TheSkipper

Science, also, cannot prove "beyond a shadow of a doubt" that The Hobbit isn't true.

How about carbon dating J. R. R. Tolkien's remains? If his remains aren't prehistoric, then you can pretty well conclude that the Hobbit isn't true. 🙂

EH

Moves
16 Sep 07
1 edit

EH

Moves
16 Sep 07
1 edit

EH

Moves
16 Sep 07
1 edit