1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '23 22:56
    @josephw said
    Sure, go ahead and shipwreck your own thread. Not the first time.

"It's an audiobook. It's 6 hours and 49 minutes. It'd be a slim volume, then, rather than a tome. I got about 2 and a half hours into it. That's enough."

Rather it is you that has his fingers in his ears. As soon as you figured out, it took you 2.5 hours, that the narrative of the book runs contrary to yo ...[text shortened]...
    I'm curious to hear what sort of sound it makes out in the real world where your face isn't hidden.
    I haven't read the book. I have no knowledge of its content.

Noted.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '23 23:001 edit
    @josephw said
    Sure, go ahead and shipwreck your own thread. Not the first time.

"It's an audiobook. It's 6 hours and 49 minutes. It'd be a slim volume, then, rather than a tome. I got about 2 and a half hours into it. That's enough."

Rather it is you that has his fingers in his ears. As soon as you figured out, it took you 2.5 hours, that the narrative of the book runs contrary to yo ...[text shortened]...
    I'm curious to hear what sort of sound it makes out in the real world where your face isn't hidden.
    Maybe you should check your mind in at the spirituality gym and see if it can lift some character and sincerity before you open your mouth. I'm curious to hear what sort of sound it makes out in the real world where your face isn't hidden.

I don't think there is any problem with my mind, my character, or my sincerity.

I'm curious to hear what sort of sound [your mouth] makes out in the real world where your face isn't hidden.

Given an arena or opportunity that is similar to this one in the "real world" for discussing matters pertaining to spirituality, philosophy, ideology, morality etc. my "mouth" makes exactly the same "sound", because sincerity is always the best way to ensure that one is consistent and honest.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '23 23:01
    @josephw
    Thanks for your contributions to my thread.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Dec '23 19:16
    @josephw said
    There are only apparent contradictions.

They are not "contradictions because they are contradictions." There's no logic in a contradiction.

Contradiction implies a flaw. Logic, flawlessness, or else the entire content isn't what it claims to be.

The question is; does God shout, or whisper? Clearly God does both. Therefore, the question of whether or not a contradiction exists is made moot.

Probably no one will agree.
    I agree with this, of course.

Each scripture writer can only draw on their own experience. No one of them knew God in full. It's like the four blind men describing an elephant.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '23 00:36
    @suzianne said
    Each scripture writer can only draw on their own experience. No one of them knew God in full. It's like the four blind men describing an elephant.
    Do you not believe that the scriptures were divinely inspired and that they are the word of God? Why would they be "blind"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree