1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 16:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I can finally see how YOU might believe that.
    He said your religion was false. And you replied by saying his religion is false. What's the difference between what you said to each other?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 16:55
    Originally posted by Dasa
    To the people who responded to my post about defending false religion......

Are these the same people who a while back could not tell me the difference between true religion and false religion when I posed this question to them in this forum.

.......but they have unitedly responded with one foolish voice.

It is clearly obvious that they have no clue w ...[text shortened]... eligion.

2. How can false religion be defended in the face of so much evidence of falsehoods.
    "How can you tell the difference between true and false religion."(?)

Through faith, by faith in the object of faith.

"How can false religion be defended in the face of so much evidence of falsehoods."(?)

It can't! Or it can. It is. Always will be. Fact of life. Just be sure your's isn't false.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    He said your religion was false. And you replied by saying his religion is false. What's the difference between what you said to each other?
    To those with weak faith or zero faith, exactly zippity-doo-dah.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 05:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    To those with weak faith or zero faith, exactly zippity-doo-dah.
    My point exactly, there's no difference between what you said to each other, and thus you didn't sound any different from him ~ both of you cocking the snook like sports fans with your "false religion!" jeering.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 17:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"How can you tell the difference between true and false religion."(?)

Through faith, by faith in the object of faith.

"How can false religion be defended in the face of so much evidence of falsehoods."(?)

It can't! Or it can. It is. Always will be. Fact of life. Just be sure your's isn't false.[/b]
    No no and no.

Josephw...........this is not correct and is not sincere.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 17:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have always been honest with you Dasa. There is nothing I have ever said to you on this forum that I would not say to you face to face if ever we were to meet.
    You play word games which is dishonest.

It is then impossible to have a sincere talk with you when you are always playing these mind games.

You cannot accept the most simple truisms.

For example like ......animal slaughter having nothing to do with a religion which is true.

You will debate this for days and in the end reject it.

Go and read the story of Francis of Assisi.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 17:52
    To the people who responded to my post about defending false religion......

Are these the same people who a while back could not tell me the difference between true religion and false religion when I posed this question to them in this forum.

.......but they have unitedly responded with one foolish voice.

It is clearly obvious that they have no clue w ...[text shortened]... eligion.

2. How can false religion be defended in the face of so much evidence of falsehoods.
    Simple. The more irritated, the more bombastic and insulting, the more arrogant and dismissive the devotee becomes when his 'religion' is rejected, the more likely it is to be false. Now puh-LEEZ stop posting this drivel.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 22:541 edit
    You play word games which is dishonest.
    You said something about how people throwing "stones" [similar to the "cyber stones" you feel you get here] face to face "would most certainly be smacked down". To which I replied that there has never been anything I have ever said to you on this forum that I would not say to you face to face if ever we were to meet. No word games of any kind in that reply. Furthermore it is completely honest.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 22:58
    You cannot accept the most simple truisms. For example like ......animal slaughter having nothing to do with a religion which is true. [...] Go and read the story of Francis of Assisi.
    Your vegetarianism, in your mind, may well be based on what you sincerely believe is a "truism". I get that. But I have received no instructions from God that tell me not to meat. And as for Francis of Assisi, although I am aware of his story and have read it, I am not a subscriber to his beliefs or to the beliefs related to the religious tradition that he was part of.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 04:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    You said something about how people throwing "stones" [similar to the "cyber stones" you feel you get here] face to face "would most certainly be smacked down". To which I replied that there has never been anything I have ever said to you on this forum that I would not say to you face to face if ever we were to meet. No word games of any kind in that reply. Furthermore it is completely honest.
    If we were in comfortable surroundings / and talking face to face with plenty of time at our disposal / I would not let you get away from talking nonsense.

Because in such a circumstance I would have a neutral mediator present.

And this shall prevent you from dishonest mind games.

"Even right NOW"............I am wasting my time with you.

Tell me..........how does Islam rate these days since ISIS has put it on the map for all the wrong reasons.

I have seen a small 10 yr old girl in a pretty blue and white laced dress lying on the road with no head.

She was Christian.

But it does not surprise me because I am well aware that Islam have been slaughtering men women and children and babies for 14 centuries.

They have murdered millions and millions.

But you also know this "don't you" / which makes your acceptance of Islam just that much more creepy.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 05:05
    If we were in comfortable surroundings / and talking face to face with plenty of time at our disposal / I would not let you get away from talking nonsense.
    Surely if we were face to face we would simply be sharing and comparing our beliefs. There is no reason to believe that either comfortable surroundings or having plenty of time at our disposal would make your beliefs any more persuasive to me, nor mine to you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 05:11
    Tell me..........how does Islam rate these days since ISIS has put it on the map for all the wrong reasons.
    The Islam of my neighbours and the community I live in is very similar to Christianity and acts as the everyday lubricant that keeps the society's moving and interacting parts running in a relatively smooth way. Naturally, I hold no candle for ISIS and its military activity or any of the religious justifications they may cite, and nor do any Indonesians I have met or talked to of late.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 05:19
    But you also know this "don't you" / which makes your acceptance of Islam just that much more creepy.
    Depends what you mean by "acceptance". I "accept" that Christianity, Islam and religions like Hinduism exist, are interwoven with culture, are here to stay, and that they bring spiritual solace and purpose to their adherents. I do not "accept" any religion in so far as subscribing to it. As for "men, women, and children and babies" being murdered, I do not "accept" it, and regardless of the religion of the perpetrators, I demand and support their pursuit, prosecution and punishment to the fullest extent of the law, by which I mean incarceration, as you know.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 06:211 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Islam of my neighbours and the community I live in is very similar to Christianity and acts as the everyday lubricant that keeps the society's moving and interacting parts running in a relatively smooth way. Naturally, I hold no candle for ISIS and its military activity or any of the religious justifications they may cite, and nor do any Indonesians I have met or talked to of late.
    You defend a pshudoe religion that has murdered hundreds of millions of people in the name of God / because the Quaran has demanded that the followers of Islam to strike terror into the hearts of those who oppose them and to slay/murder them where you find them.

Did you know / that the best Muslims are those in Isis because they are strictly following the instruction in the Quaran.

They are slaughtering those who oppose Islam just as the HOLY QUARAN has ordered.

Of course the victim has the opportunity to convert to Islam before the axe falls.

There is only one Islam...........and that Islam is responsible for Muslims ripping the heads from men women and children across Iraq and Syria / oh and dont forget that the women and children are also raped because women and children are part of the spoils of their sick war.

You cannot distance yourself from the real Islam / the religion of death and suffering.

The psudoe religion of death that you defend.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 06:331 edit
    You defend a pshudoe religion that has murdered hundreds of millions of people in the name of God / because the Quaran has demanded that the followers of Islam to strike terror into the hearts of those who oppose them and to slay/murder them where you find them.
    I don't see how I "defend" Islam any more or less than I do Christianity or, for that matter, the right of anyone to practice their chosen religion. I have never defended or endorsed murder or violence, indeed I have condemned it frequently, regardless of whether the motives for it were religious or non-religious. If any of my neighbours here start "ripping the heads from men women and children" or "raping women and children", I will condemn it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree