Commandments

Commandments

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
12 Feb 11

You are also being judge by your thought life:

Commandment 1
"You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Mat 4:10). "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. (Mat 22:37).

Commandment 2
"You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Mat 4:10). "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Luke 4:8). "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24).

Commandment 3
"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men" (Mat 12:31). "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts,...blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man" (Mat 15:19-20).

Commandment 4
"There would be no reason to pray this if the Sabbath was not going to be in existence. "And He said to them, 'The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath'" (Mk 2:27);

Commandment 5
"For God commanded saying, 'Honor your father and your mother' and 'He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death'" (Mat 15:4). "Honor your father and your mother" (Mat 19:19). "Honor your father and your mother" (Mk 7:10). "Honor your father and your mother" (Mk 10:19). "You know the commandments:...Honor your father and your mother" (Luke 18:20).
You will live a long life if you do so. Ex.

Commandment 6
"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder', and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment. But I say to you that whoever is ANGRY with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment" (Mat 5:21-22). "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders...These are the things which defile a man" (Mat 15:19-20).

Commandment 7
"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery'. But I say to you that whoever LOOKS at a woman to LUST for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Mat 5:27-28). "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery" (Mat 5:32). "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts...adulteries, fornications...These are the things which defile a man" (Mat 15:19-20). "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery, and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery" (Mat 19:9). "You shall not commit adultery" (Mat 19:18). "...adulteries, fornications...All these evil things come from within and defile a man" (Mk 7:21,23). "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery" (Mk 10:11-12). "Do not commit adultery" (Mk 10:19). "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced from her husband commits adultery" (Luke 16:18). "You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery" (Luke 18:20). "'Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery'...And Jesus said to her...'sin no more'" (John 8:4,11). "Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation" (Rev 2:22).

Commandment 8
"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts...thefts...These are the things which defile a man" (Mat 15:19-20). "You shall not steal" (Mat 19:18). "It is written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer', but you have made it a den of thieves" (Mat 21:13). "...thefts...All these evil things come from within and defile a man" (Mk 7:22-23). "Do not steal" (Mk 10:19). "You know the commandments:... Do not steal" (Luke 18:20).

Commandment 9
"Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord. But I say to you, do not swear at all" (Mat 5:33-34). "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts...false witness...These are the things which defile a man" (Mat 15:19-20). "You shall not bear false witness" (Mat 19:18). "Do not bear false witness" (Mk 10:19). "You know the commandments:...Do not bear false witness" (Luke 18:20). "And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars" (Rev 2:2).

Commandment 10
"Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on" (Mat 6:25). "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts...These are the things which defile a man" (Mat 15:19-20). "...covetousness...All these evil things come from within and defile a man" (Mk 7:22-23).

"I have kept My Father's commandments" (John 15:10).

This is why you need a savior your thought life is so corrupt and you are in need of the savior. I urge/beg you to repent and turn to the savior.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
[b]You are also being judge by your thought life:

Commandment 1
"You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Mat 4:10). "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. (Mat 22:37).

Commandment 2
"You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Mat 4:10). "Yo ...[text shortened]...
Thanks. I have turned to myself as my own "saviour" a long time ago.

I just wanted to cut down on JC's workload 😉

So no.10. Whats the go with that? Is that what you really believe?
"Dont worry about your life, what you will eat...[txt removed].. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts [really, nothing good?]...[txt removed]...All these thing come from within and defile a man"

Dude, that sounds in complete contrast to my understaning of these matters.
The kingdom of god is within. So when you say bad things come from within, I cannot work with that. I just cant see anything to work with there. Why can we not take resposibility for ourselves and serve ourselves and our fellow man while learning about our "inside thoughts". For without knowing ourselves, how can we possibly approach the understanding of the limitless "god"?
You have condemmed yourself and your fellow posters. Is this really the way forward?

R

California

Moves
12 Feb 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Thanks. I have turned to myself as my own "saviour" a long time ago.

I just wanted to cut down on JC's workload 😉

So no.10. Whats the go with that? Is that what you really believe?
"Dont worry about your life, what you will eat...[txt removed].. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts [really, nothing good?]...[txt removed]...All these th ...[text shortened]...
You have condemmed yourself and your fellow posters. Is this really the way forward?
Yes, and that is why you need the savior, so that you will not be condemned.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
12 Feb 11
1 edit

All of these commands can be summed up in one sentence. Love the Lord God with all of your mind,heart and soul and love thy neighbor as thyself.

Manny

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Feb 11

Originally posted by menace71
All of these commands can be summed up in one sentence. Love the Lord God with all of your mind,heart and soul and love thy neighbor as thyself.

Manny
Yes but I would find it hard to do even that if I believed that "For out of the heart Evil thoughts proceed".

I wouldn't know what to do with myself, always doubting every thought that came from my heart.

I think I know where RBHILL is coming from with this one, but I believe "good" also proceeds from the heart.
My golden rule on the subject is to always trust your first thoughts on anything. They always seem to be the right ones.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Feb 11

Yes, and that is why you need the savior, so that you will not be condemned.
Yes, and I said that I am my own saviour. Not good enough for your belief system? What if I told you that Jesus was also considered when making my decisions? Still no good?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
12 Feb 11

Do you think atheists live without logical rules of kindness?

As for condemnation, only you yourself can condemn others, based upon your own thought patterns.

Same as an atheist can condemn others, based upon their own thought patterns.

Whether you believe in a god, or we don't, our thougth patterns are the same, as humans. Beliefs are simply different boxes within the same brain workings.

Salvation is a ridicule of fear that you participate in. I don't need salvation from anything. I am me, and no god participates in my life. I fear not death, without salvation, because that is a man-created word from fear. I fear nothing when I die.

If you are afraid of the things you do in this life, and need forgiveness, then so be it.

I am a good man. and know it instinctively in my heart. Forgiveness from an entity which has no meaning in my life is irrelevant.

-m.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
12 Feb 11

[b]You are also being judge by your thought life:

Commandment 1

Commandment 2
"You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Mat 4:10). "Yo ...[text shortened]...
I've got 9 out of 10 covered. Does killing pretty much every animal that walks and crawls in North America consitute a partial for the whole Thou Shalt Not Kill bit?

R

California

Moves
12 Feb 11

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I've got 9 out of 10 covered. Does killing pretty much every animal that walks and crawls in North America consitute a partial for the whole Thou Shalt Not Kill bit?
Have you ever hated someone even me?

R

California

Moves
12 Feb 11

Originally posted by mikelom
Do you think atheists live without logical rules of kindness?

As for condemnation, only you yourself can condemn others, based upon your own thought patterns.

Same as an atheist can condemn others, based upon their own thought patterns.

Whether you believe in a god, or we don't, our thougth patterns are the same, as humans. Beliefs are simply differ ...[text shortened]... in my heart. Forgiveness from an entity which has no meaning in my life is irrelevant.

-m.
You have good in your heart because you were created in God's image. The thing is though being a Christian you do not have to fear hell anymore. You are probably confused because of your understanding of how the catholic church teaches it.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Feb 11

You are probably confused because of your understanding of how the catholic church teaches it.
Well I am confused because of my understanding of how you teach it.
You start off a thread listing a number of 'commandments' from the Bible. Surely this implies that God is 'commanding' us to do something. You then tell us that not only do we not need to do these things, we won't even be punished as we can simply use the 'Saviour'.

So did God just create those unkeepable commandments in order to scare us into the arms of the Saviour? Was it all just a plan to force us into sin so that we would have no choice but to bargain with him?

R

California

Moves
12 Feb 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Well I am confused because of my understanding of how you teach it.
You start off a thread listing a number of 'commandments' from the Bible. Surely this implies that God is 'commanding' us to do something. You then tell us that not only do we not need to do these things, we won't even be punished as we can simply use the 'Saviour'.

So did God just cr ...[text shortened]... just a plan to force us into sin so that we would have no choice but to bargain with him?
The bibles says that our thoughts are different then His thoughts. So you need to seek out God and then you might get an understanding of it.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Feb 11

The bibles says that our thoughts are different then His thoughts. So you need to seek out God and then you might get an understanding of it.
So you admit that you are no good as a teacher or passer-on of information? So what are you wasting your time trying for? Why are you deliberately misleading us?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
12 Feb 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
So you admit that you are no good as a teacher or passer-on of information? So what are you wasting your time trying for? Why are you deliberately misleading us?
He's just repeating simple concepts over and over. It's basically advertising, or training the populace. It's not about teaching. It's about imprinting these ideas on your brain over and over and over.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
12 Feb 11

Have you ever hated someone even me?
I don't hate you RBHILL. I think you're niave, sheltered and, perhaps, willfully ignorant. Still, I believe you're a good person and generous person. You likely care for the people close to you and enrich their lives.

The universe is a scary place. Mortality and infinity are not concepts to be contemplated lightly and I certainly can't blame you for wrapping the security blanket of religion around you. However, I don't care for your blind approach and I would encourage you to poke your big ol' bobble head noggin out of your blanketed nest once in a while and try to come to terms with the universe from an objective perspective and not standing on a book written by a bureaucracy of ignorant sheep herding power brokers 2000 years ago.

But yes, to answer your question, I've hated. It's one of my specialties. A free service if you will.