Circumcision on the eighth day

Circumcision on the eighth day

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Sep 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Purely anecdotal. I don't hand out "exit surveys".

😠
Basically, you have nothing to back up your ridiculous claim.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Sep 14

You have used two completely different sources here.

The first two quotes you provided in two separate posts were both from the same paper reporting the survey. It can be found here: http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/pdf/2001_Bensley-Boyle.pdf

The respondents of this survey were Australian, not American. Granted, the second quote is talking ...[text shortened]... s to be offering his status as a circumcised male. How about it, Ron? Do you feel "mutilated"?
I don't see how any of this substantiates or corroborates the statement you made.

Also, T Hammond has a PO Box in San Francisco, or at least when his paper was published.

D

Moves
28 Sep 14

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Sep 14

Circumcision of the male was to remove the excess foreskin to help prevent diseases and to promote cleanleness.

"Why did the Law specify that circumcision be done on the eighth day?
Jehovah did not explain, nor was it necessary that he do so. His ways are always right; his reasons, the best. (2Sa 22:31)

However, in recent years man has learned some of the physical reasons why the eighth day was a good time to circumcise. Normal amounts of the blood-clotting element called vitamin K are not found in the blood until the fifth to the seventh day after birth. Another clotting factor known as prothrombin is present in amounts only about 30 percent of normal on the third day but on the eighth day is higher than at any other time in the child’s life—as much as 110 percent of normal.

So, following Jehovah’s instructions would help to avoid the danger of hemorrhage. As Dr. S. I. McMillen observes: “From a consideration of vitamin K and prothrombin determinations the perfect day to perform a circumcision is the eighth day . . . [the] day picked by the Creator of vitamin K.”—None of These Diseases, 1986, p. 21.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
29 Sep 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Circumcision of the male was to remove the excess foreskin ..
excess foreskin?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Sep 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
excess foreskin?
Paraphimosis: This condition, paraphimosis, is somewhat the opposite of phimosis. The foreskin, after being pulled back, becomes trapped and then swollen behind the head (glans) of the penis.

â—¦The swelling can lead to blockage of blood flow to the penis, which can lead to gangrene of the penile shaft and head distal to the welling.

â—¦Paraphiosis is considered a true medical emergency. Circumcision (surgical removal of the foreskin) at birth or revision of a prior circumcision can prevent this condition.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/foreskin_problems/article_em.htm

Cape Town

Moves
29 Sep 14

So, following Jehovah’s instructions would help to avoid the danger of hemorrhage.
Actually, not following them, and not circumcising, would remove the danger altogether.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Sep 14

So, following Jehovah’s instructions would help to avoid the danger of hemorrhage.

Originally posted by twhitehead
Actually, not following them, and not circumcising, would remove the danger altogether.

And there we have it! This is the reason why everyone in the world is at war in one form or another. Everyone seems to think they know the truth.

The truth is there is The Truth. There is The Truth which is contained in the answer to every question. The truth is that those who know The Truth have to contend with those that don't, but think they do.

Then there's the issue of those that know The Truth who think they know it all.

Just sayin'!

Cape Town

Moves
29 Sep 14

Originally posted by josephw
Then there's the issue of those that know The Truth who think they know it all.

Just sayin'!
An then there are posters who write utter nonsense because they know that they cannot contribute anything genuine without go against their religion.

Just sayin'.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
29 Sep 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Paraphimosis: This condition, paraphimosis, is somewhat the opposite of phimosis. The foreskin, after being pulled back, becomes trapped and then swollen behind the head (glans) of the penis.

â—¦The swelling can lead to blockage of blood flow to the penis, which can lead to gangrene of the penile shaft and head distal to the welling.

â—¦Paraphiosis is con ...[text shortened]... n can prevent this condition.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/foreskin_problems/article_em.htm
My mistake .. I didn't realise it was just boys who had paraphimosis that were circumcised.

But even then it is normally not a required procedure.

Infidel

Moves
29 Sep 14

I know, let's ask Mr. Hinds, who seems to be offering his status as a circumcised male. How about it, Ron? Do you feel "mutilated"?
Are you using the opinion of RJHinds to somehow show that unnecessary circumcision is not bad?

You do know RJHinds, right?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Sep 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
An then there are posters who write utter nonsense because they know that they cannot contribute anything genuine without go against their religion.

Just sayin'.
Then there are posters who don't understand what they are reading and accuse other posters of writing utter nonsense.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Sep 14

Originally posted by josephw
Then there are posters who don't understand what they are reading and accuse other posters of writing utter nonsense.
And then there are posters who write utter nonsense but pretend that it actually makes sense but it is the readers fault for not understanding them.

Just sayin'

D

Moves
29 Sep 14
2 edits

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Sep 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
My wife might consider my circumcised penis bad since it gave her three babies within the first four years of our marriage before she started taking birth control pills regularly. After that it gave her two more babies over an extended period of time and I wasn't really trying. A bad circumcised penis for sure.