1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:39
    @vivify said
    Merely disliking or disagreeing with something in the Bible doesn't make it false, does it?
    I think stuff along these lines is all you're going to get.

In the end, what is being talked about here is faith and belief in certain narratives.

It's not as if what is being discussed is whether or not there is gravity, whether the bridge is down and the warning sign is clear, or what the temperature is outside.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:39
    @FMF

Was Muhammad alone when he allegedly talked with that heavenly being? Or can someone corroborate that such a conversation took place?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:40
    @josephw said
    Much of muchness?

You're on a role! lol
    How so?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:41
    @pb1022 said
    Was Muhammad alone when he allegedly talked with that heavenly being? Or can someone corroborate that such a conversation took place?
    I don't think Muhammad talked to Gabriel, no. I don't think Paul's claims about himself are "corroborated" either.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:41
    @vivify said
    Can any Christians explain why they believe Islam is false?

Note: I'm not asking what about Islam you dislike or disagree with.
    Merely disliking or disagreeing with something in the Bible doesn't make it false, does it? Likewise with Islam.

Christians: what specifically, in your view, makes Islam a false religion?
    It is all about Jesus; Islam says He isn't the Son of God, and He didn't die on the cross and rise from the dead.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:43
    @fmf said
    I think stuff along these lines is all you're going to get.

In the end, what is being talked about here is faith and belief in certain narratives.

It's not as if what is being discussed is whether or not there is gravity, whether the bridge is down and the warning sign is clear, or what the temperature is outside.
    The evidence for Christianity and Islam is nowhere near the same - not by a long shot.

The foundational event of Christianity - the Resurrection of Jesus Christ - is well supported with evidence.

I’m still waiting for you to answer what evidence exists that Muhammad spoke to a heavenly being.

Got any?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:44
    @fmf said
    I don't think Muhammad talked to Gabriel, no. I don't think Paul's claims about himself are "corroborated" either.
    We were talking about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. That’s what defines Christianity.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:471 edit
    @vivify said
    Can any Christians explain why they believe Islam is false?

Note: I'm not asking what you disagree about the religion or what you dislike. Merely disliking or disagreeing with something in the Bible doesn't make it false, does it? Likewise with Islam.

Christians: what specifically, in your view, makes Islam a false religion?
    What everyone else said above is not the reason you're looking for.

Romans 9:7
    Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Abraham had a son by Hagar. Ishmael. Islam traces its beginnings back to Abraham via Ishmael.

Isaac was the son of promise, and his descendants are the Jews through whom Jesus came directly from Adam to Mary, biologically, according to the flesh.

I hope that clears things up a bit.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:491 edit
    @pb1022 said
    I’m still waiting for you to answer what evidence exists that Muhammad spoke to a heavenly being.
    Whatever it says in Islamic literature about it is "evidence" in a discussion of this nature. I don't subscribe to it, and nor do any non-Muslims.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:49
    @pb1022 said
    The foundational event of Christianity - the Resurrection of Jesus Christ - is well supported with evidence.
    Whatever it says in Christian literature about it is "evidence" in a discussion of this nature. I don't subscribe to it, and nor do any non-Christians.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:51
    @pb1022 said
    We were talking about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. That’s what defines Christianity.
    You asked me:

"Was Muhammad alone when he allegedly talked with that heavenly being? Or can someone corroborate that such a conversation took place?"

And I answered:

"I don't think Muhammad talked to Gabriel, no. I don't think Paul's claims about himself are "corroborated" either."
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:53
    @fmf said
    Well well well you don't think!

I guess that means we shouldn't either.

🤣
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:57
    @fmf said
    Whatever it says in Christian literature about it is "evidence" in a discussion of this nature. I don't subscribe to it, and nor do any non-Christians.
    "Whatever it says" - fill in the blank - "I don't subscribe to it."

🤣
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 02:00
    @josephw said
    "Whatever it says" - fill in the blank - "I don't subscribe to it."
    The issue is this...

Does 'Whatever it says, I DO subscribe to it' amount to all that much in the way of "evidence"?

Does 'Whatever it says, I do subscribe to it' make something you don't subscribe to "false"?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 02:01
    @josephw said
    What everyone else said above is not the reason you're looking for.

Romans 9:7
    Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Abraham had a son by Hagar. Ishmael. Islam traces its beginnings back to Abraham via Ishmael.

Isaac was the son of promise, and his descendants are the Jews through whom Jesus cam ...[text shortened]... ctly from Adam to Mary, biologically, according to the flesh.

I hope that clears things up a bit.
    It does. Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree