1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:013 edits
    Can any Christians explain why they believe Islam is false?

Note: I'm not asking what about Islam you dislike or disagree with.
    Merely disliking or disagreeing with something in the Bible doesn't make it false, does it? Likewise with Islam.

Christians: what specifically, in your view, makes Islam a false religion?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:16
    @vivify said

Note: I'm not asking what you disagree about the religion or what you do dislike. Merely disliking or disagreeing with something in the Bible doesn't make false, does it? Likewise with Islam.

It’s not a false religion, it is just a religion. However…

“This Jesus is the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
    Acts 4:12

Pretty clear.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:17
    @vivify said

Note: I'm not asking what you disagree about the religion or what you do dislike. Merely disliking or disagreeing with something in the Bible doesn't make false, does it? Likewise with Islam.

What is the evidence that God spoke to Muhammad?

And which version of Islam are you referring to?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:18
    @divegeester said
    It’s not a false religion, it is just a religion. However…

“This Jesus is the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

Pretty clear.
    Also pretty clear:

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:23
    @pb1022 said
    What is the evidence that God spoke to Muhammad?
    The evidence that Muhammad communicated with the archangel Gabriel in a cave is much of muchness with the evidence that Paul communicated with Jesus on the road to Damascus.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:26
    @divegeester said
    How does an assertion by religion X make religion Y false or mistaken?

Does the Islamic assertion that Jesus will return to Earth at the end times to vanquish all evil once and for all [my paraphrasing] make Judaism false or mistaken?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:28
    @fmf said

Does the Islamic assertion that Jesus will return to Earth at the end times to vanquish all evil once and for all [my paraphrasing] make Judaism false or mistaken?
    Perhaps it doesn’t.

But if a person is a Christian, then that is what the Bible teaches.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:301 edit
    @fmf said
    The evidence that Muhammad communicated with the archangel Gabriel in a cave is much of muchness with the evidence that Paul communicated with Jesus on the road to Damascus.
    Paul’s encounter with the Resurrected Jesus Christ on the Road to Damascus is not what defines Christianity. What defines Christianity is the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Can anybody corroborate that Muhammad communicated with whichever heavenly being he allegedly communicated with? Or was Muhammad alone at the time?

Saul of Tarsus was not alone when he encountered the Resurrected Christ and it was that encounter that caused him to do a complete 180 - from one of the worst persecutors of early Christians to one of their greatest advocates and defenders and the author of most of the New Testament.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:31
    @divegeester said
    Perhaps it doesn’t.

But if a person is a Christian, then that is what the Bible teaches.
    So religion X is false because it's different from your religion [a.k.a. religion Y]?

Fair enough I suppose, but it just goes to show that all this lies entirely within the realm of subjectivity, speculation and faith.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:32
    @fmf said

Islam’s view that Jesus Christ was only a prophet (and, as far as I know, only human) is directly contradicted by Jesus Christ in the Gospels.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:33
    @pb1022 said
    Paul’s encounter with the Resurrected Jesus Christ on the Road to Damascus is not what defines Christianity. What defines Christianity is the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Can anybody corroborate that Muhammad communicated with whichever heavenly being he allegedly communicated with? Or was Muhammad alone at the time?

Saul of Tarsus was not alone when he encountered the ...[text shortened]... stians to one of their greatest advocates and defenders and the author of most of the New Testament.
    The only "evidence" you have that either claim is true is in your own religious literature.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:34
    @pb1022 said
    Islam’s view that Jesus Christ was only a prophet (and, as far as I know, only human) is directly contradicted by Jesus Christ in the Gospels.
    So religion X is false because it's different from your religion Y?

Fair enough. But it's very subjective.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:36
    @fmf said
    The only "evidence" you have that either claim is true is in your own religious literature.
    That’s not true.

Where’s Jesus Christ’s body, for starters?

The Pharisees, who had Jesus put to death via the Roman government, could have stopped Christianity in its tracks after Jesus’ disciples said they saw the Resurrected Christ. All the Pharisees had to do was produce His body.

Want more?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:36
    @fmf said
    Much of muchness?

You're on a role! lol
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:37
    @fmf said
    So religion X is false because it's different from your religion Y?

Fair enough. But it's very subjective.
    Not if you believe the Gospels are true, and they are considered very reliable compared to historical literature of other ancient people and events.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree