Christians ONLY please!!!

Christians ONLY please!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Have you read King Lear?
No. Should I? Does it give a good solid account of a devil attack?

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
My dear friend, you dont have a clue what you are talking about! Why are you standing up for Sas? Cant he do that for himself? It is insulting! Who are you to judge me?

Really, I am not agreeing with him. THAT IS WHY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IT. You must have a misundestanding about judgement. How do you see 'Judging" people knightwest?
To judge – to form an opinion
Please understand, I am not judging you on your beliefs, neither am I making fun of your beliefs. I am judging you on the drivel you post here. I am making fun of the drivel you post here.

You post stuff saying you created this thread to test people, and that it worked. Who are you to test people, who are you to test me? Are you RHP’s moral conscience?

You test people?!?! I still can’t get my head around that. WHY??? It’s stuff like that which makes me think, maybe, you are taking yourself a bit more seriously than you should.

YOU are condescending when it comes to dealing with people, be they “so-called Christians”, Muslims or any other religion which differs from yours. You treat people like poor deluded fools, because they don’t believe what you do, or how you do.

You believe yourself to be better than most of us here.

That’s the stuff I use to form an opinion of you, your comments, not your beliefs.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
No. Should I? Does it give a good solid account of a devil attack?
One of the characters, Edgar I think it is, adopts the persona of Poor Tom of Bedlam, and gives detailed examples of devil attacks.

A wealthy colonial Zambian friend of mine (looks like Toad of Toad Hall) converted to fundamentalist Christianity; I remember having dinner with him at a restaurant one night when he bulged his eyes and pointed tremulously to the devils he swore were swarming around us at that very moment. Luckily though he warded them off with a swiftly muttered prayer & we could get back to the wine & steak.

L

Moves
26 Oct 05

One of the characters, Edgar I think it is, adopts the persona of Poor Tom of Bedlam, and gives detailed examples of devil attacks.

A wealthy colonial Zambian friend of mine (looks like Toad of Toad Hall) converted to fundamentalist Christianity; I remember having dinner with him at a restaurant one night when he bulged his eyes and pointed tremulo ...[text shortened]... hough he warded them off with a swiftly muttered prayer & we could get back to the wine & steak.
LOL. I've had problems before with yellow jackets swarming around my steak, but not devils. Good thing your friend was there to protect you.

I'll have to check King Lear out.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
26 Oct 05

A wealthy colonial Zambian friend of mine (looks like Toad of Toad Hall) converted to fundamentalist Christianity; I remember having dinner with him at a restaurant one night when he bulged his eyes and pointed tremulo ...[text shortened]... hough he warded them off with a swiftly muttered prayer & we could get back to the wine & steak.
when he bulged his eyes and pointed tremulously to the devils he swore were swarming around us at that very moment

Maybe he was finally experiencing McKenna's Machine Elves? He must have misconstrued their intentions as harmful due to his regrettable indoctrination into christianity.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by David C
[b]when he bulged his eyes and pointed tremulously to the devils he swore were swarming around us at that very moment

Maybe he was finally experiencing McKenna's Machine Elves? He must have misconstrued their intentions as harmful due to his regrettable indoctrination into christianity.[/b]
Or whatever the Machine Elves are. Burroughs had a nasty centipede experience on DMT, completely sans elves. Perhaps people access "it" at different levels. Got any more information on that?

Have you read about McKenna's transcendental object at the end of time?

Edit: My friend did not have the power to see devils until he joined his church.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
26 Oct 05

A buddy of mine asks God to bless each game of squash before we play and to "let the best player win".
Since he started doing that, I started winning.

Weird...Apparently God recognizes the best player - it doesn't matter if you're christian or not.

b

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Yo, BF, open your eyes and find the scripture references to Satan that inform your latest tirade. I think your faith is rooted in some teachings, the source of which is not quite what you claim.
JAMES 4:4-8
MATTHEW 4:1-11 16:21-23
MARK 3:22-30 4:3-20
LUKE 10:17-20 13:10-17
ACTS 26:18
ROMANS 16:17-20
1 CORINTHIANS 5:1-6 7:1-9
2 THESSALONIANS 2:3-12
REVELATIONS 3:7-13 12:1-11 20:1-10
These are some of the Scripture references, in which JESUS CHRIST/GOD anounces the way that satan, is going to attack, and the way he is going to be defeated. By those that have their faith and trust, in GOD/JESUS CHRIST

b

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
God has a sense of humor, Nic. A sick sense of humor, sometimes. Why else would he have men peak sexually at 18 and women at 35? You guys have to relax. I'm not attacking Jesus. I think your self-righteous proselytizing is absurd. There's a BIG difference. You're doing it again - doing the same thing bf does. If I call you absurd, it's the s ...[text shortened]... o, no it's not. That's putting yourself on the same level as God. You should be more humble.
It seems that thought did not get arround to men like Abraham and men of today that are still at it. Rather or not they take those little, but expensive pills.

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
It seems that thought did not get arround to men like Abraham and men of today that are still at it. Rather or not they take those little, but expensive pills.
What are you talking about?

S

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
You know - it could be true that God told him to do so. We will never know it. It could of been the devil also. All Christian's are attacked by the devil you know.

It could of also been that Bush wanted to catch some shine infront of the world, and made the choice himself. It could of been his board that made him do it - even his wife? Who knows.

My ...[text shortened]... terious ways. If God told Bush to make war, Bush obeyed Him them. (After all - its God's world)
If it could have been the devil and Bush doesn't know the difference, how do you know that every single instance of god that you believe you have experienced is not actually some devilish deception?

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
26 Oct 05

Or whatever the Machine Elves are. Burroughs had a nasty centipede experience on DMT, completely sans elves. Perhaps people access "it" at different levels. Got any more information on that?

Edit: My friend did not have the power to see devils until he joined his church.
Got any more information on that?

All subjective experience, I'm afraid. The Cosmic Dance of Shiva interests me greatly, but I'm a Western boy. Not enough time on my hands for serious introspection. I can barely keep my attention focused on 6 games of chess. :^P

Timewave_0? Novelty Theory? Way over my head. Those iChing hexagrams make my brain hurt, plus there are no girls with long legs in short skirts bending down to tie their shoes. I do find it interesting that he's chosen the end of the Mayan long count as the endpoint. In any event, I feel confident 2012 will be an interesting year.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by Starrman
If it could have been the devil and Bush doesn't know the difference, how do you know that every single instance of god that you believe you have experienced is not actually some devilish deception?
The Devil knows his Bible pretty good by now.

Remember, "noone comes to the Father but through Me"--and that includes the Father--I mean, Christ is the authorised channel, so any God voices can't be God.

S

Moves
26 Oct 05

The Devil knows his Bible pretty good by now.

Remember, "noone comes to the Father but through Me"--and that includes the Father--I mean, Christ is the authorised channel, so any God voices can't be God.
I'm doing Descartes this month, deception is my pillow and dubitability my bedsheets.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
26 Oct 05

Originally posted by David C
[b]Got any more information on that?

All subjective experience, I'm afraid. The Cosmic Dance of Shiva interests me greatly, but I'm a Western boy. Not enough time on my hands for serious introspection. ... I feel confident 2012 will be an interesting year.[/b]
Western boy, no time on your hands
What you gonna see in the Western Lands?
What you gonna do? What you gonna meet?
Most of all, what you gonna eat?

Excuse me. Er, yes, the McKenna stuff is very challenging, so I'm treating it as science fiction for the moment (I the reader turning science into fiction).

2012, it's getting close!