Christianity without christians

Christianity without christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 06

I suspect that a lot of anti- christians (not exactly anti- christs, mind you) would appreciate christianity (not to be confused with becoming a die hard born again) if all the christians buggered off! (take the pun however way you wish).

It is my conviction that the majority of fundamentalist christians that litter society are either fanatics, ignorant or just downright stupid (or would that be a fair description of most of society or just theism?).

It seems to me that most theists (especially christians) are capable of the most inept logic (consider the deluge of evolution debates). WHY? What would Jesus say?

d

Moves
05 Mar 06

Originally posted by Conrau K
What would Jesus say?
He would probably say your post is ignorant and downright stupid.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 06

That is a matter of conjecture.
I disagree with you.

d

Moves
05 Mar 06

That is a matter of conjecture.
I disagree with you.
Your entire post is a matter of conjecture as would be any answer to the question you posed.

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
05 Mar 06

I suspect that a lot of anti- christians (not exactly anti- christs, mind you) would appreciate christianity (not to be confused with becoming a die hard born again) if all the christians buggered off! (take the pun however way you wish).

It is my conviction that the majority of fundamentalist christians that litter society are either fanatics, ignorant ...[text shortened]... e of the most inept logic (consider the deluge of evolution debates). WHY? What would Jesus say?
Hey how about a bit more of a light hearted approach to winding up the "God botherers".

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
05 Mar 06

Originally posted by EAPOE
Hey how about a bit more of a light hearted approach to winding up the "God botherers".
Personally I am agnostic and quite comfy sat here on my fence. Every once in a while I like to look over at the god bothering side and bother them a bit.

At least while I am waiting for my oponents to make their next moves.

K

In the wind.

Moves
05 Mar 06

It is my conviction that the majority of fundamentalist christians that litter society are either fanatics, ignorant ...[text shortened]... e of the most inept logic (consider the deluge of evolution debates). WHY? What would Jesus say?
how many Christians are actually athiests playing out their hatred?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 06

Originally posted by Kaboooomba
how many Christians are actually athiests playing out their hatred?
Well, they wouldn't exactly be christians, would they?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 06

Originally posted by darvlay
Your entire post is a matter of conjecture as would be any answer to the question you posed.
Not conjecture, observation.

K

In the wind.

Moves
05 Mar 06

Well, they wouldn't exactly be christians, would they?
how do we know? maybe there is some kind of test we could use on them? 😉 .

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
05 Mar 06

I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Ghandi???

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
05 Mar 06

Originally posted by Kaboooomba
how do we know? maybe there is some kind of test we could use on them? 😉 .
Oh like the "wood floats and wood burns so we should throw the witch in the river and if she floats we'll burn her" test? 🙂

d

Moves
05 Mar 06

Originally posted by Halitose
I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Ghandi???
Nope. It was Gandhi.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Mar 06

Originally posted by dags
Oh like the "wood floats and wood burns so we should throw the witch in the river and if she floats we'll burn her" test? 🙂
But dags! Hope floats, too!

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
05 Mar 06

Originally posted by darvlay
Nope. It was Gandhi.
Yeah. I always get that one wrong -- never know where to put the 'h'.