Christianity: Religion of love?

Christianity: Religion of love?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Dec 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
None of us are the ones rolling out the welcome mat for those getting into heaven,
that rests with God alone. The only ones that have to worry about not getting into
heaven are sinners, and I beg to differ on the one size fits all, because all of us
have sinned and have fallen short. If you want to tell me according to Biblical
doctrine who does and doe ...[text shortened]... are condemn in scripture exactly why should I accept them as
anything other than sin?
Kelly
Again, as with josephw just recently, you go by strictly a christian doctrine of heaven as well as christian rules. Call them what you want, but thats what they are.
I reckon christianity is for kids who need the truth dumbded down for them so they can get a picture.
Once you grow up, you should seek to become a god yourself.
Even if the bhudda himself greets you at the gate of nirvana, you should slay him and get on with getting there.

The world is changing. Less and less people are being tricked into the divisive philosophy that is christianity. Although , the whole world could be christian for all I care, I would still believe what I believe, for I base my beliefs on my experience and not in others words or holy books.

Also my beliefs do not contradict what Jesus taught (as I understand it) nor the greater message of christian spirituality (again, as I understand it).
And before you start saying "Its not me saying this or judging, it is God" , please understand that your god's word is reallly, really old and largely unverifiable.
So if it works for you, great. But one size does not fit all, for if it did, we would all be christians and non-christians , and this is clearly not the case. Christianity is not even the biggest religon in the world and never will be.
I guess time will tell whether I am right.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
27 Dec 10

None of us are the ones rolling out the welcome mat for those getting into heaven,
that rests with God alone. The only ones that have to worry about not getting into
heaven are sinners, and I beg to differ on the one size fits all, because all of us
have sinned and have fallen short. If you want to tell me according to Biblical
doctrine who does and doe ...[text shortened]... are condemn in scripture exactly why should I accept them as
anything other than sin?
Kelly
Eventually everyone returns to God in the end, because the soul that we are is a little piece of God, and God cannot condemn his own kind.

As for activities that separate us from God, after the person dies they take another birth and are given the opportunity to take to the spiritual life so they can return back to Godhead.

Many living entities are never interested in the spiritual life or God, and for them they just keep taking birth in this world of suffering.. over and over again.

Your false teaching that we only have one life is silly because it doesn't allow the living entity to choose to seek God when they are ready, and it condemns so many people.

It is far better to be a homosexual on the spiritual path, than a heterosexual on the Christian path, because the Christian path will misdirect the person to only take birth in this world of suffering.......and the true spiritual path will direct the person back to Godhead, and deliver them from their homosexuality.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Dec 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Eventually everyone returns to God in the end, because the soul that we are is a little piece of God, and God cannot condemn his own kind.

As for activities that separate us from God, after the person dies they take another birth and are given the opportunity to take to the spiritual life so they can return back to Godhead.

Many living entities are ...[text shortened]... iritual path will direct the person back to Godhead, and deliver them from their homosexuality.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Heb 9:27
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
27 Dec 10

Originally posted by divegeester
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Heb 9:27
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,
God does not have one son......this is false., because every living being is a son, or off spring of God.

The soul that you are, is a small expansion of God and therefore you are a son of God as well.

Jesus being the one son of God is a false teaching presented by the Bible to give power to the man Jesus, to have people surrender to the church

The Bible has been compiled by the unscrupulous politicians of the time, and they fabricated most teachings, to give it as much power as possible to bewilder the public into surrendering to the church.

Man doesn't die once to face judgement, this is also false because where would all the living entities go after the death of their material body....according to your teaching, if you arent Christian you will go to the lake of fire.

So your God is saying: ...love Me or go to eternal damnation. (this is false) but actually after the death of the material body, the soul takes another birth, and has opportunity to take to the spiritual life over and over again.

rc

Moves
27 Dec 10
1 edit

This is the reason why atheism is increasing, because the Christian teachings are bizzar, and free thinkers cannot accept the evil God that you present.

What you have said goes against the very basics of spiritual understanding, that karma is not involved.

So its more reasonable, that the Supremely loving Lord sends people to eternal damnation...... ...[text shortened]... s that simple.

And the soul is eternal and never had a beginning, and will never have an end.
no atheism is increasing because of a number of factors, belief in a purely material origin of life, the acts of atrocities committed by religious bodies and organisations etc This is now the third time that i have explained this to you,

THE TEACHING OF HELL AS A LITERAL PLACE OF ETERNAL TORMENT IS NOT A BIBLICAL TEACHING

I do not profess it, it is not explicitly taught in scripture, I do not believe it, your argument makes the first little pigs house look like a concrete jungle, Mr Strawman!

Karma is nothing but an attempt to explain why good and bad things happen to people, IT WAS REFUTED BY CHRIST, AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU PREVIOUSLY, it is illogical and unjust that misdemeanour's in a so called previous lifetime, of which there is no evidence, should carry forward to this life time, the wages of sin is death, what that means, is that once a person has died, there is no more accountability for sins and transgression, it has been paid, they are dead!

The soul is mortal and dies, for the soul is simply a living entity, not distinct from the body, not conceived before birth, not transcending death, it refers simply to a living breathing creature.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Again, as with josephw just recently, you go by strictly a christian doctrine of heaven as well as christian rules. Call them what you want, but thats what they are.
I reckon christianity is for kids who need the truth dumbded down for them so they can get a picture.
Once you grow up, you should seek to become a god yourself.
Even if the bhudda him biggest religon in the world and never will be.
I guess time will tell whether I am right.
We go by the scripture, you want to put your views above that, fine by me.
There is only God, and His plans for us are all I desire. You want something that
Bhudda teaches, go for it, it will take you where it will. The world is changing its
end is drawing near and less and less will seek God, that does not mean that
God or scripture is less important only that people are rejecting God and
scripture. Time will tell your right or wrong.
Kelly

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
27 Dec 10

God does not have one son......this is false., because every living being is a son, or off spring of God.

The soul that you are, is a small expansion of God and therefore you are a son of God as well.

Jesus being the one son of God is a false teaching presented by the Bible to give power to the man Jesus, to have people surrender to the church

Th ...[text shortened]... oul takes another birth, and has opportunity to take to the spiritual life over and over again.
Prove it

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
27 Dec 10

Many living entities are ...[text shortened]... iritual path will direct the person back to Godhead, and deliver them from their homosexuality.
If you're against homosexuality, why do you sound so Ggay?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Dec 10

Th ...[text shortened]... oul takes another birth, and has opportunity to take to the spiritual life over and over again.
My god's bigger than your god

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Dec 10

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I can only hope for your sake whatever false god you worship is more forgiving than you.
Being condesending is only effective if you actually are smarter than someone, or in your case anyone else.
Good day
HSB, that's funny in any language. Nicely done, CP.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Alas we are a reflection of the God/s we worship 🙂
It's also too bad for humans those gods are having a good laugh at all this fuss about what we think we know about god(s) or spirituality.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Dec 10

We go by the scripture, you want to put your views above that, fine by me.
There is only God, and His plans for us are all I desire. You want something that
Bhudda teaches, go for it, it will take you where it will. The world is changing its
end is drawing near and less and less will seek God, that does not mean that
God or scripture is less important only that people are rejecting God and
scripture. Time will tell your right or wrong.
Kelly
Yes. You follow scripture and I follow my own way.

Thats on the surface anyway. I dont think it has that much to do with any real spirituality. Anyone can read scritpture or just follow their own way. But there is so much more to it. To me "spiritual" means undserstanding , at least partially even, (the)Spirit.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
27 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no atheism is increasing because of a number of factors, belief in a purely material origin of life, the acts of atrocities committed by religious bodies and organisations etc This is now the third time that i have explained this to you,

THE TEACHING OF HELL AS A LITERAL PLACE OF ETERNAL TORMENT IS NOT A BIBLICAL TEACHING

I do not profess it, ...[text shortened]... onceived before birth, not transcending death, it refers simply to a living breathing creature.
The Bible is not the authority, and it was written to satisfy the meat eaters and animal slaughterers.

If you keep quoting the Bible you will be misdirected most of the time, and ultimately not raise your consciousness to the higher spiritual platform necessary for returning back home to God head.

If your Bible does not speak against animal slaughter, then what is it worth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 10

The Bible is not the authority, and it was written to satisfy the meat eaters and animal slaughterers.

If you keep quoting the Bible you will be misdirected most of the time, and ultimately not raise your consciousness to the higher spiritual platform necessary for returning back home to God head.

If your Bible does not speak against animal slaughter, then what is it worth.
Acts 10:13

Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes. You follow scripture and I follow my own way.

Thats on the surface anyway. I dont think it has that much to do with any real spirituality. Anyone can read scritpture or just follow their own way. But there is so much more to it. To me "spiritual" means undserstanding , at least partially even, (the)Spirit.
You follow your own way, is that like you just make it up as you go?
If that is the case why would you ever complain that someone else' way is not to
one you can agree with or not? Since you are just following your way and I
suppose you allow for everyone else to do the same, than other 'ways' will not
always be in agreement and at odds, that would simply be the way of things
correct, no one way better than any other?
Kelly