Christian solution

Christian solution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
02 Nov 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If it is explained in different ways, every one excluding one another, no, then it cannot be explained.

When all christian agrees to one another, then I look into it.
Why should you do that, not all scientists agree among themselves, yet you have embraced science.

F

Moves
02 Nov 10
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Why should you do that, not all scientists agree among themselves, yet you have embraced science.
Scientists are more open with their theories. They debate more openly.

Can you give an example where scientists doesn't agree among themselves...?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Nov 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
You know what, a true mystic would embrace all avenues of thought in order to find a unifying solution (even in paradox) and he would look to speak to the individual through a commonality of concept, conscience and ideology.

You on the other hand, are a fraud.

rc

Moves
02 Nov 10

Scientists are more open with their theories. They debate more open.

Can you give an example where scientists doesn't agree among themselves...?
yes many profess belief in a creator, others do not,

Newsweek magazine in 2005 found that 80 percent of people “believe that God created the universe.” Is this belief due to a lack of education? Well, do any scientists believe in God? The science journal Nature reported in 1997 that almost 40 percent of biologists, physicists, and mathematicians surveyed believe in a God who not only exists but also listens to and answers prayers.

However, other scientists strongly disagree. Dr. Herbert A. Hauptman, a Nobel laureate, recently told a scientific conference that belief in the supernatural, especially belief in God, is incompatible with good science. “This kind of belief,” he said, “is damaging to the well-being of the human race.” Even scientists who believe in God are reluctant to teach that the design evident in plants and animals requires a Designer. Why? Identifying one reason, Douglas H. Erwin, a paleobiologist at the Smithsonian Institute, says: “One of the rules of science is, no miracles allowed.”

F

Moves
02 Nov 10

yes many profess belief in a creator, others do not,

Newsweek magazine in 2005 found that 80 percent of people “believe that God created the universe.” Is this belief due to a lack of education? Well, do any scientists believe in God? The science journal Nature reported in 1997 that almost 40 percent of biologists, physicists, and mathematicians ...[text shortened]... ogist at the Smithsonian Institute, says: “One of the rules of science is, no miracles allowed.”
No, Newsweek magazine in 2005 found that 80 percent of the *American* people, etc... Nothing more.

F

Moves
02 Nov 10

I would say that we all embrace science: Internet, that you obviously are using, depends heavily of electronics, that in turn depends of atomic theory, which in the core every scientist agrees upon. So by using internet is to believe in the science which make internet possible. No religion needed.

The atomic theory is the base of Radiometric dating (of which the carbon-14 method is most known by the public), which in turn proves the age of our planet. No religion needed. But to even think of another timescale for the 'creation' of the Earth, needs heavily of religion.

This means that you cannot use internet, which relies on atomic theory, at the same time disqualify the same atomic theory that proves the age of the Earth. This doesn't make sense. You believe in atomic theory in full or not at all. There is no choice to believe in atomic theory sometimes, but deny the atomic theory sometimes. You either hold the atomic theory as true, or hold it as not true. Young earth creationists (YEC) belives in atomic theory at the same time they deny it. Doesn't make sense to me.

rc

Moves
02 Nov 10

No, Newsweek magazine in 2005 found that 80 percent of the *American* people, etc... Nothing more.
sorry your objection is based on what, you dont trust Newsweek, you don't like Americans, what is it based upon for its not really clear, in fact, your objection is quite empty.

F

Moves
02 Nov 10

sorry your objection is based on what, you dont trust Newsweek, you don't like Americans, what is it based upon for its not really clear, in fact, your objection is quite empty.
It has nothing to do wether I like Americans or not. (I like Americans very much, it's sometimes the American politics I don't like, but what I can see in the Debate Forum, most Americans don't like the American current politics either. 'Nuff said about that.) If you make the Newsweeks survey in any other country you will get another result. If the result differs in (say) France, does that mean that you don't like the French peopl? Of course not.

I say that American biologists aren't statistically like the rest of the world.

t

Moves
02 Nov 10

its very simple my friend, as i tried to state before, the virtue or other of the sacrifice is in its demonstration, its reality if you like, what it actually accomplishes, to save millions of lives i think is justification enough, don't you?
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((AMEN))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))!!!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Nov 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have always found it interesting how Christians are so sure that the logic in Christianity is so simple and straight forward that anyone can see it, but when asked to explain it they usually fail to communicate the point. There are a number of core claims in various forms of Christianity that I have never been able to understand, yet Christians often ta ...[text shortened]... here is either silence, or an attempt to explain that I never quite seem to grasp.
Why is this?
Faith is not logic, and logic is not faith.

Those who confuse the two will forever be confused.

t

Moves
03 Nov 10

Originally posted by Suzianne
Faith is not logic, and logic is not faith.

Those who confuse the two will forever be confused.
Actually, many that come to fight Christians in these forums have strong background in much ignorant intellect, built conditioned beliefs that are far from true, yet known as what's true.

And Christians mostly desire (true Christians) what's not of this world, nor it's intellect..

Cape Town

Moves
03 Nov 10
1 edit

I generally do not embrace science that scientists do not agree on. I tend to remain skeptical or rather just consider it as possibly correct. For example any hypothesis regarding events prior to the big bang, or string theory etc.
I tend to form much more solid opinions once I understand the concepts myself.

The scientific process or scientific methodology, I do embrace and believe they are the only rational way of investigating the universe.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
03 Nov 10

I generally do not embrace science that scientists do not agree on. I tend to remain skeptical or rather just consider it as possibly correct. For example any hypothesis regarding events prior to the big bang, or string theory etc.
I tend to form much more solid opinions once I understand the concepts myself.

The scientific process or scientific methodology, I do embrace and believe they are the only rational way of investigating the universe.
To add, usually scientists do not agree with very subtle technicalities within a theory. It doesn't mean the foundations of the theory is in question.

F

Moves
03 Nov 10

I generally do not embrace science that scientists do not agree on.
Let's remember about when scientists couldn't decide which one of the BigBang theory or SteadyState theory was valid. Until the BB was launched the SS was the theory cosmologists believed in. But observations supporting BB emerged. The quabble between the two groups of supporters promoted further investigations. Now we all (but a very few) know that the BB is the winner. It, and it alone, explains better than any other theory the observations.

But let's also know that when BB won, the theory wasn't complete. There were still details that had to be explained. Not even today we don't know the absolute Truth about how the Universe formed after t=0, not to mention how it was when t=0, and certainly not t<0.

When every scientist agree that they know everything, no further research is neccesary. This will never happen.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Nov 10

its very simple my friend, as i tried to state before, the virtue or other of the sacrifice is in its demonstration, its reality if you like, what it actually accomplishes, to save millions of lives i think is justification enough, don't you?
May I put forward some simple corrections here:

Firstly no one dies ever!...it is not possible for the spiritual soul to ever die, but it is only the material body that will perish.

No person can remove your sin but yourself, because sin is only error, and you can correct that error by raising your consciousness to the truth of being.

When one has gained spiritual understanding they will not speak, think or act in error, and they are then free......and believing that jesus has taken away all your error is erroneous.

If people continue to act, speak and think error, they will contiue to sin and shall not achieve the spiritual destination.