1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 22:10
    @fmf said
    Yes. I don't think you have been conversing in good faith. Sorry, KellyJay. You've spologized for such things before, after a suitable pause
    I'm not apologizing for squat here, I've answered every question put to me, and you simply dismiss me.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 22:56
    @kellyjay said
    I object to any and every color being used not just white.
    How does this work then? We can say that the slaves in the US were black? Or do you object to their colour being mentioned? And you object to their owners being referred to as white? You refuse to acknowledge that white supremacists were behind the institution of slavery in the US because you object to the word white being used? Regardless of whether they were black or white, they were all "sinners", is that how it works?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:091 edit
    @fmf said
    How does this work then? We can say that the slaves in the US were black? Or do you object to their colour being mentioned? And you object to their owners being referred to as white? You refuse to acknowledge that white supremacists were behind the institution of slavery in the US because you object to the word white being used? Regardless of whether they were black or white, they were all "sinners", is that how it works?
    There were many people behind slavery, and not all of them were white; as a matter of fact, not all slave owners were white either, convenient facts being overlooked here. My point is that when using words like supremacist, adding color to that word smears everyone of that color; I don't care what color they are, white black, it doesn't matter. The same thing is true when we apply color to extremists; I'm repeating myself because you consider this type of speak mind-numbing faith speech whatever that is in your mind, outside of something you can say to dismiss people you are talking to without actually engaging in specifics. So when you are going to paint an entire race as if they were the only ones with a hand in a despicable piece of human history and leave out others, I have to ask, why?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:18
    @kellyjay said
    I don't care what color they are, white black, it doesn't matter. The same thing is true when we apply color to extremists
    So, should we not acknowledge that the slaves in the US in the C19th were black and that their owners were white?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:20
    @fmf said
    So, should we not acknowledge that the slaves in the US in the C19th were black and that their owners were white?
    Many were.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:25
    @kellyjay said
    My point is that when using words like supremacist, adding color to that word smears everyone of that color
    So you feel that talk of white supremacists "smears" you and "smears" all white people? And you feel that talking about how white Christians in your country - who had notions about their own racial superiority -and who enslaved black people, "smears" you?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:28
    @kellyjay said
    Many were.
    Do you believe that white Christians who owned black slaves in the US in the C19th believed that their racial superiority entitled them to own black human beings as chattel?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:31
    @kellyjay said
    So when you are going to paint an entire race as if they were the only ones with a hand in a despicable piece of human history and leave out others, I have to ask, why?
    But no one is "painting an entire race" when they talk about white supremacists. You are making stuff up. I also have to ask why. Why does people talking about white supremacy make you so defensive?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:351 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I'm repeating myself because you consider this type of speak mind-numbing faith speech whatever that is in your mind, outside of something you can say to dismiss people you are talking to without actually engaging in specifics.
    What do you mean I am not "actually engaging in specifics"? What posts are you reading? I am specifically talking about the Christian roots of white supremacy: it's specifically the thread title. And I am talking specifically about slavery in your country in the C19th, And those who were enslaved were specifically black. What on Earth do you mean I am not "actually engaging in specifics"?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 00:42
    The Republicans might consider asking KellyJay to design a school curriculum for the American south in 2022 for the topic of slavery in the US. He could ban the use of the words "white" and "black" in the classroom.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 01:16
    @fmf said
    But no one is "painting an entire race" when they talk about white supremacists. You are making stuff up. I also have to ask why. Why does people talking about white supremacy make you so defensive?
    Do you believe there are racists in every race?

Specifically, do you believe black racists exist?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 01:30
    @pb1022 said
    Do you believe there are racists in every race?

Specifically, do you believe black racists exist?
    [1] Of course there are. Maybe "Why are there racists in every race?" would make a good thread.

[2] Of course they exist. Maybe "Do black racists exist?" would make a good thread. This thread is called "Christian Roots of White Supremacy"
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 03:47
    @fmf said
    So you feel that talk of white supremacists "smears" you and "smears" all white people? And you feel that talking about how white Christians in your country - who had notions about their own racial superiority -and who enslaved black people, "smears" you?
    I have said why I think it's wrong; apparently, you ignored it all, thinking it was 'faith speech,' so I'm not going to repeat myself.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 03:552 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I have said why I think it's wrong; apparently, you ignored it all, thinking it was 'faith speech,' so I'm not going to repeat myself.
    So when someone mentions white supremacists you feel smeared?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 04:01
    @fmf said
    So when someone mentions white supremacists you feel smeared?
    Faith speech

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree