1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 02:54
    @kellyjay said
    I think those who harmed others will pay for their sins in full or Christ will, there is no excusing many of the things done by a man I don't care what color you want to look at; crimes are crimes, sins are sins, and the guilty have, but one thing to look forward to judgment is coming.
    This sidesteps the question you are ostensibly replying to.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 03:38
    @fmf said
    This sidesteps the question you are ostensibly replying to.
    How is that?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 05:203 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I hate prejudice; I don't care where it is directed. I believe that we (all people) have a sinful nature, and we can use and abuse anything to promote the most despicable things we can. To select just one segment of us is overlooking all the others, so if I claim my race or gender is the righteous one, I'm am justifying the guilty and anyone else who does that is too no matt ...[text shortened]... orgiven. We hang on to our victimhood; we will never leave that place; we will always be the victim.
    If Jesus is real and if he is a god of love, then Christianity shouldn't be one of the most horrific plagues ever released on mankind. The torment, terror and murder caused by white Christians throughout history among the most brutal in history.

This isn't a matter of a few bad apples. Christianity is fraught with evil, while too many Christians just shrug and say "nobody's perfect".

I don't expect any group of people to be flawless. But this evil? From Native American genocide, to witch burnings in Europe, Spanish Inquisition to slavery, etc., etc, etc....there is something wrong here when this religion, responsible for so many heinous acts that continue to this day, claims to saved by a perfect, sinless, loving god.

If Jesus flipped over the money-changers' tables just for defiling his Father's house with greed....how much more should Christians raise hell over the racist evils done in God's church?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 05:24
    @kellyjay said
    How is that?
    If you don't want to answer it or are content with pretending that you have, then so be it. I am not going to copy-paste the question again here.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 05:37
    @fmf said
    If you don't want to answer it or are content with pretending that you have, then so be it. I am not going to copy-paste the question again here.
    Thank goodness, because repeating the same question over and over might make you look like some kind of bully.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 06:561 edit
    @vivify said
    This is the problem. You are more concerned with how your race is portrayed than your religion. Which is the bigger problem: that white Christians are being portrayed is immoral or that the religion of Jesus Christ is?

The point of this or the previous is not about Caucasians, it's about how the Christian religion, which supposed to be about love, is so abhorrently raci ...[text shortened]... re offended at the racists infecting the body of Christ than criticism than whites being criticized.
    You know through my posting record here that I do indeed revolt against the white apologists in the Debates Forum.

And for that, I get called names, like "race traitor".

And oh, yeah, I have marched with BLM here in my city.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 07:06
    @kellyjay said
    I think those who harmed others will pay for their sins in full or Christ will, there is no excusing many of the things done by a man I don't care what color you want to look at; crimes are crimes, sins are sins, and the guilty have, but one thing to look forward to judgment is coming.
    Is this a re-branding of "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord", or something else?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 07:10
    @suzianne said
    Is this a re-branding of "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord", or something else?
    I have never got even the slightest whiff of racism off of KellyJay's posting. None at all. This makes it all the more baffling that he seems to be trying, as I said before, to run pass interference on behalf of the Bible-clutching and Bible-reading white slave owners in America's past.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 07:12
    @fmf said
    I have never got even the slightest whiff of racism off of KellyJay's posting. None at all. This makes it all the more baffling that he seems to be trying, as I said before, to run pass interference on behalf of the Bible-clutching and Bible-reading white slave owners in America's past.
    And that is exactly my point.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 07:24
    @suzianne said
    You know through my posting record here that I do indeed revolt against the white apologists in the Debates Forum.

And for that, I get called names, like "race traitor".

And oh, yeah, I have marched with BLM here in my city.
    You realize there’s a distinction between Black Lives Matter as a statement/belief and as a political organization, right?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 07:39
    @pb1022 said
    You realize there’s a distinction between Black Lives Matter as a statement/belief and as a political organization, right?
    Nope.

However, there IS a difference between the aims of BLM and what the right has claimed they are. The right is manifestly against BLM. Any guesses why? (And I mean without consulting the Big Book of Republican Fairy Tales.)
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:50
    @vivify said
    If Jesus is real and if he is a god of love, then Christianity shouldn't be one of the most horrific plagues ever released on mankind. The torment, terror and murder caused by white Christians throughout history among the most brutal in history.

This isn't a matter of a few bad apples. Christianity is fraught with evil, while too many Christians just shrug and say "nobo ...[text shortened]... with greed....how much more should Christians raise hell over the racist evils done in God's church?
    The thing I wonder about is why He hasn't just ended us, and the only reason given is that He loves us; it isn't just what He does it is who He is, so we are given space to come to Him who is love, righteousness, goodness and all the other attributes of God. Do you think we are a holy righteous people that God should keep letting us murder, rape, steal, cheat, hate each other being a God of love? That should be okay because we are so righteous?

No greater love than when someone lays down their lives for a friend, and Jesus did that for us; the Word of God did that for us, the greatest example of love. From God, there could be nothing less; for us, we are a condemned race, all of us without exception, and God is attempting to save us, from His wrath, the wrath when we are locked into once we leave this temporary life and come face to face with Him. It will not be the whites on one side; we are all one people. Those who hate others, without exception, are breaking God's law that we should love Him and each other.

Our brutal history is us treating us with contempt bigotry, using others as objects to be consumed instead of individuals who were all without exception made in God's image, for God's purposes. We treat each other as trash, and the ones we are doing this to are people God loves; we are in His creation treating the most precious things on this planet other people with hate and contempt, and you think God should be okay with that knowing our time is short here where there is no turning back?

What is causing all of this is our sin, and we love it; instead of owning up to our corruption, it is easier to condemn someone else,' but in the case of racism, when we start hating other races, we become that which we profess to hate, we will have no excuse before God when we give an account for all of our words, deeds, and thoughts before a Jesus Christ who tried to save us.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:53
    @fmf said
    I'm not justifying any sins from anyone; if they are white sinners, they are white sinners; the skin doesn't make one special; it makes none less than. As I'm pointing out, we have an issue; it isn't skin-related; it is a sin-related condition of the human heart.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:55
    @suzianne said
    Vengeance is the Lord, so is grace and mercy, love and compassion. What exactly have I said so far you find fault with?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 12:29
    @suzianne said
    Nope.

However, there IS a difference between the aims of BLM and what the right has claimed they are. The right is manifestly against BLM. Any guesses why? (And I mean without consulting the Big Book of Republican Fairy Tales.)
    So you don’t think it’s Marxist in its ideology?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree