Christian neutrality

Christian neutrality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
11 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
It is both scripturally and historically self evident that true Christians have always
endeavoured to maintain complete neutrality in the worlds conflicts and its political
struggles. The have not interfered with the rights of others to vote, to hold patriotic
ceremonies, to run for political office, but they themselves have their own governme ...[text shortened]... ned in military
service.
” - The Rise of Christianity (London, 1947), E. W. Barnes, p. 333.[/b]
What up, bro.

Ok, hypothetically speaking, is a person acting according to the teachings of Christ, or against the teachings of Christ, if that person defends the life of another? Are you willing to argue that a Christian--in order to adhere to the teachings of Christ--must stand and watch while another person is being murdered in front of them?

All I need is a short answer to this, and then I can make my point. Not trying to trap you but I think you know where I'm going with this.

rc

Moves
11 Nov 12

Originally posted by sumydid
What up, bro.

Ok, hypothetically speaking, is a person acting according to the teachings of Christ, or against the teachings of Christ, if that person defends the life of another? Are you willing to argue that a Christian--in order to adhere to the teachings of Christ--must stand and watch while another person is being murdered in front of them?

All I ...[text shortened]... en I can make my point. Not trying to trap you but I think you know where I'm going with this.
no I am stating that there are many causes for which a christian must be willing to die,
none for which he is willing to kill.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Nov 12

What up, bro.

All I ...[text shortened]... en I can make my point. Not trying to trap you but I think you know where I'm going with this.
The JWs will not even give blood to save the life of another.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
12 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I don't understand. Robbie just said there are many instances where we are to lay down our life for another. Surely with that idea in mind, if someone is dying and requires our blood in an emergency, we should be willing to give it. Giving ones's blood is far less of a sacrifice than giving one's life.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Nov 12

I don't understand. Robbie just said there are many instances where we are to lay down our life for another. Surely with that idea in mind, if someone is dying and requires our blood in an emergency, we should be willing to give it. Giving ones's blood is far less of a sacrifice than giving one's life.
That is why I don't trust those JWs. Like the Amercan Indians would say. "JWs speak with forked tongue."

rc

Moves
12 Nov 12

then again I will not drop napalm on people either.

rc

Moves
12 Nov 12

That is why I don't trust those JWs. Like the Amercan Indians would say. "JWs speak with forked tongue."
are those the same ones your 'christian', forefathers massacred, stole their land and
infected with small pox after they showed you hospitality? thanks Jesus! I am over the
moon that we have native American brothers and sisters within the congregations of
Gods people, beautiful as they are and its my hope that I get to meet them one day.

Moves
12 Nov 12

no I am stating that there are many causes for which a christian must be willing to die...
"must be willing"....Really?

What are just a few of these "many causes" that you think a Christian "must be willing" to die for?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Nov 12

A forked tongue? Lol. You profess to be something your not as in a Christian but yet you woud easily murder if your true god the US of A told you to you would and no doubt did when you were under their care?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Nov 12

are those the same ones your 'christian', forefathers massacred, stole their land and
infected with small pox after they showed you hospitality? thanks Jesus! I am over the
moon that we have native American brothers and sisters within the congregations of
Gods people, beautiful as they are and its my hope that I get to meet them one day.
Awesome Robbie. Yes it was his so called christian forefathers that killed them by the tens of thousands. Their life's were not even the same value as the land that they lived on and honored.

rc

Moves
13 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Awesome Robbie. Yes it was his so called christian forefathers that killed them by the tens of thousands. Their life's were not even the same value as the land that they lived on and honored.
I am reading a book, The Last Mughul by William Dalrymple in which he details the
siege of Delhi in 1857. I cannot believe the cruelty, the wanton killing, the greed, the
lust for vengeance. It seems to me that these people were about as far removed from
Christ as one could get and yet they bear the name, Christian. Who is kidding who?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Nov 12

I am reading a book, The Last Mughul by William Dalrymple in which he details the
siege of Delhi in 1857. I cannot believe the cruelty, the wanton killing, the greed, the
lust for vengeance. It seems to me that these people were about as far removed from
Christ as one could get and yet they bear the name, Christian. Who is kidding who?
Very sad indeed. And look at the greed and conquest and murders that were done in the southern America's for gold by those so called christians. No wonder that so many have turned their backs on religion and god when history has shown what they will do in "God's name".
Jesus clearly said that many would call on his name and do many powerful things in his name but yet he will call them workers of lawlessness. Murder of another human is about as lawless as one can get.
And it is a terrible thing that many have fallen for this trap and have done these things because they don't see the separation of government and religion telling them what to do such as what we hear RJH proclaiming proudly to us all. He has no idea who he should give his allegance too and says one thing but is willing to do another even to the point of killing if his man led governments order him to do.

Moves
13 Nov 12

Originally posted by divegeester
"must be willing"....Really?

What are just a few of these "many causes" that you think a Christian "must be willing" to die for?
Ducking out again robbie?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

They do not understand these scriptures on neutrality so no matter what we say, they will never understand us.
If they understood those scriptures, they would not be continually asking us to explain our biblical stand on this and they would "get it".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Nov 12

no I am stating that there are many causes for which a christian must be willing to die,
none for which he is willing to kill.
Isn't there there any causes that a Christian should be willing to kill for?