1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 01:16
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Read the edit I just added to my previous post.

[b]I've also no doubt that
    you doubt or reject scripture least you be held accountable to it as written.

On what do you base your assertion?

Do you see Dr. Bock as being similarly motivated?[/b]
    I disagree with the good doctor, and as far as what I base my assertion on would
    be a more than a few conversations and posts of yours I've read.
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I disagree with the good doctor, and as far as what I base my assertion on would
    be a more than a few conversations and posts of yours I've read.
    Kelly
    Specifically on what do you base your assertion? If you're going to make such an assertion, you need to back it up with specifics instead of hiding behind an extremely vague explanation.

Also, you avoided answering my question about the doctor. You and I both know that I wasn't asking whether or not you agree with the doctor. So once again, "Do you see Dr. Bock as being similarly motivated?".

As a matter of curiousity, on what basis do you disagree with the doctor?
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 03:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I was seeking karoly aczel's answer - and he's not a Christian.
    That's fine, I guess, but your question had nothing to do with karoly's post. At the time of your posting, Karoly never mentioned the word "savior," and in the post you quoted, karoly didn't mention anything about being saved.

So it appeared you were challenging the subject heading "Christ is the only saviour" -- since you asked specifically "Saviour from what?" and at the time there was no mention of "saviour" other than in the thread subject.

Anyway, I guess we'll just chalk it up to ambiguous communication and move on. Especially since, like I said, you obviously know full well what the Christian stance is on what Christ is offering to save us from.

Thank you sir and have a great evening.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 03:261 edit
    Specifically on what do you base your assertion? If you're going to make such an assertion, you need to back it up with specifics instead of hiding behind an extremely vague explanation.

Also, you avoided answering my question about the doctor. You and I both know that I wasn't asking whether or not you agree with the doctor. So once again, "Do you s ...[text shortened]... ly motivated?".

As a matter of curiousity, on what basis do you disagree with the doctor?
    I read what the doctor said; I went to his site and read it. I disagree with him, I
    believe that the way it is laid out is the way it occurred. With respect to how I view
    you, I don't care if you think my views are based upon something vague over time.
    I gave you may reasons, like them or not up to you, as far as I'm concern that is
    all that is required.

Why I disagree with the Doc is that John was writing a narrative on what occurred,
    if he was writing a letter of doctrine I could see him injecting his views, that;
    however, was not what he did in my opinion.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 04:23
    Originally posted by sumydid
    That's fine, I guess, but your question had nothing to do with karoly's post. At the time of your posting, Karoly never mentioned the word "savior," and in the post you quoted, karoly didn't mention anything about being saved.
    So it appeared you were challenging the subject heading "Christ is the only saviour" -- since you asked specifically "Saviour from what?" and at the time there was no mention of "saviour" other than in the thread subject.

Not so, sumydid. karoly aczel's thread title is "Christ is the only saviour" and in his OP he asks "I would just like to know why Christ is the only one?" The word "one" here obviously refers to "saviour". So my question - "Saviour from what?" - makes perfect sense and there is no "ambiguous communication" at all.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 05:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah, I've come across this one here and elsewhere.

Since I don't believe in hell, it makes it even harder to believe that "God" would destroy your soul, as well.

Are you telling me that you don't believe in hell? Or that "God" destroys 'souls'? I'm confused with your stance on this.
    When man kills your body, they are fininshed for they have no power to kill your soul. What is confusing about that? Your statement that you do not believe in hell does not make it non-existent. Jesus the Christ talked about hell, so since I believe in Christ Jesus, I also believe in hell. Simple, no confusion at all. Then the verse goes on to say the soul can be destroyed in hell, therefore, the soul can not be immortal. Nothing confusing about that either. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 15:486 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I read what the doctor said; I went to his site and read it. I disagree with him, I
    believe that the way it is laid out is the way it occurred. With respect to how I view
    you, I don't care if you think my views are based upon something vague over time.
    I gave you may reasons, like them or not up to you, as far as I'm concern that is
    all that is required ...[text shortened]... I could see him injecting his views, that;
    however, was not what he did in my opinion.
    Kelly
    I'm going to table the discussion about John 3 to focus on the accusation that you made.

You made the following accusation
    "I've also no doubt that you doubt or reject scripture least you be held accountable to it as written."

Now you're insisting on hiding behind an extremely vague explanation after you've been asked to justify it. All I've been asking you to do is come out into the light of truth instead of hiding in the darkness. Are YOU willing to be "held accountable to it as written"? Or do you "hateth the light"?

Evidently you either don't understand the following verses that you quoted earlier or aren't willing to live them:
    John 3
    19 And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil.
    20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, lest his works should be reproved.21 But he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God.

In case you still don't understand it, I'll give you the following scenario:
    Let's say someone makes the following accusation:
    "I've no doubt that the KellyJay is a pedophile"

You of course ask them to justify the accusation. You get the following response:
    "I base my assertion on [what] would
    be a more than a few conversations and posts of yours I've read."

You of course ask for specifics. You get the following response:
    "With respect to how I view
    you, I don't care if you think my views are based upon something vague over time. I gave you may reasons, like them or not up to you, as far as I'm concern that is all that is required.

Do you still honestly think that "that is all that is required"?

I'm demanding that you come out into the light of truth with it. Or do you "hateth the light"?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 21:02
    Originally posted by sumydid

So it appeared you were challenging the subject heading "Christ is the only saviour" -- since you asked specifically "Saviour f ...[text shortened]... what Christ is offering to save us from.

Thank you sir and have a great evening.
    At least he didn't pursue it this time 🙂
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 21:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    When man kills your body, they are fininshed for they have no power to kill your soul. What is confusing about that? Your statement that you do not believe in hell does not make it non-existent. Jesus the Christ talked about hell, so since I believe in Christ Jesus, I also believe in hell. Simple, no confusion at all. Then the verse goes on to say the s ...[text shortened]... l. Nothing confusing about that either. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    So , "Hell" is not everlasting pain/torture - it has a definite end for all who go 'down there'?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 02:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So , "Hell" is not everlasting pain/torture - it has a definite end for all who go 'down there'?
    This is what one place in the Holy Bible says about it:

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:10-15 KJV)

So make your own interpretation.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 22:13
    Up for KellyJay. Please respond to my post above.

KellyJay has made the following accusation.
    "I've also no doubt that you doubt or reject scripture least you be held accountable to it as written."

Thusfar he has insisted on hiding behind an extremely vague explanation after having been asked to justify it.

I have been calling for him to come out into the light of truth instead of hiding in the darkness to no avail.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 00:52
    Up for KellyJay. Please respond to my post above.

KellyJay has made the following accusation.

Thusfar he has insisted on hiding behind an extremely vague explanation after having been asked to justify it.

I have been calling for him to come out into the light of truth instead of hiding in the darkness to no avail.
    Yes, I too would like to hear from Kelly on that.

As to me, I regret the title of this thread as it has taken me into waters that I didn't really want to go into. Mind you, I have also had some good responses, thank you all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree