Christ copied and pasted into man

Christ copied and pasted into man

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Dec 21

@sonship said
"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" (Gal. 3:26)

Folks, in no conceivable way can you see this is COPYING what He is in ANY sense ??

"You are all sons . . . "

"You are ALL sons of God . . . through faith in Christ Jesus.:

No COPYING there?
You're right, no copying.

So drop the analogy.

Moves
26 Dec 21

@sonship said

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers;" (ROmans 8:29)

It is His will and His eternal purpose that we who have been forgiven and justified be conformed into the same image to be brothers of the Firstborn Son.
Even the women?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

"In this has love been perfected with us, that we ay have boldness in the day of the judgment because even as He is, so also are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

We may have boldness before Jesus because as He is so are we in this world.
None of you can in any way see some COPYING of what Jesus is in His people?

As He is so are we in this world. No copy?

IT does not include our being able to redeem with the shedding of our blood. It is NOT copying to that extent. It is not being an object of man's worship.

But is this not to some extent God COPYING Christ in those loving one another and saved in Christ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21
3 edits

@Kevin-Eleven

Even the women?

Women too.

"Therefore "come out from the midst and be separated, says the Lord, and do not touch what is unclean; and I will welcome you , and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty." (2 Cor.6:17,18)

"Sons" does not mean MALES.
"Sons" means - have the same life.

This time God makes it clear by saying "sons and daughters to Me."

Now you know good and well that Jesus died and rose for women also.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21
1 edit

Proverbs 4:18

"But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until the full day."

You're wasting time Ghost of a Duke.
And you are going to miss out on great enjoyment.
Even eternal enjoyment as God's salvation grows brighter and brighter for those in His saving operation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21
1 edit

Old Testament:

Proverbs 4:18

"But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until the full day."

A New Testament parallel.

Second Corinthians 3:17,18 copied carefully by hand.

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; even as from the Lord Spirit."

You can see no COPYING in any sense there?
The "SAME IMAGE".

You see no desire of the Triune God to COPY what Christ is in any aspect into those who have the Holy Spirit ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You're right, no copying.

So drop the analogy.
You drop that there is no God.

Why isn't Scripture enough for you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21
3 edits

"Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been manifested what we will be. We know that if He is manifested, we will be like Him because we will see Him even as He is." (1 John 3:3)

It will be manifested that we will be "LIKE HIM". No copying? No pasting Him into the believer's being?
And someone says they see no conceivable ground to say God is COPYING what Christ is in His people.

It has not yet been manifested. But we have this expectation and this hope of glory. So we live accordingly, We should.

What reward awaits the Christian who grasps the purpose of God putting the Spirit of His Son within them. What an unspeakable privilege.

What an wonderful honor and purpose to live for.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21
3 edits

"As many as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal. 3:27)

"As many" - and you see no copying of Christ to a group of people? many people?

You cannot see the "many" as in any sense copying, duplicating Christ?

Do you say " Oh, those are just pious sounding words" ?
Some of us will take the New Testament seriously not dumbing things down to the natural understanding of mere religious sounding talk.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21
1 edit

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." (Rom. 8:14)

And you see no copying of the Son of God in many sons of God?

The Spirit is Christ pasted into man to produce many sons of God.

Moves
26 Dec 21

8 posts in row.

The spirituality forum’s very own Rainman in full flow.

Moves
26 Dec 21

Must post must post must post must post

Bury the dissent bury the dissent bury the dissent

Moves
26 Dec 21

@sonship said
You drop that there is no God.

Why isn't Scripture enough for you?
I have no space or need in my life for a manmade deity and find your one particularly creepy and abhorrent.

Moves
26 Dec 21

And the women became brothers, too, and grew moustaches, beards, and unibrows, and there was much rejoicing.

Moves
26 Dec 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
8 posts in row.

The spirituality forum’s very own Rainman in full flow.
I think @sonship sometimes gets carried away or is just greatly inspired by the cadences and promises of Scripture, and wishes to share the benefits that he himself has experienced.

I object to your usage of Rainman here. Whatever views or difficulties you might have when it comes to dealing with people who are on the spectrum or otherwise neurodiverse, the use of Rainman to refer to another RHP member does not just mock one person, it mocks a lot of other people, some of whom are also RHP members.

Ironically, I seem to remember I once asked you sincerely if you were on the spectrum, just for the sake of being considerate and accommodating if that were the case, and I was scolded for it and told it was against the TOS.

Also, a true Rainman might have given us a tally of all the words that had preceded his post, expressed in Sumerian numerals.