1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 21:41
    @sonship

Sorry Sonship. I think you just threw a whole load of words at a contradiction in the hope it would go away.

It hasn't. Jesus said one thing, Paul another. It's a contradiction.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 21:42
    The example Christ uses is the trickery of the Gentile prophet Balaam in weaponizing fornication and idolatry to corrupt the children of Israel in Numbers. Balaam was the bad prophet employed by Balak a Midianite king to curse Israel. When Balaam failed to do so because God overrode his heart to bless Israel instead, Balaam hatched a scheme to get the Midianite women to lure the Israelite men into fornication with them and idolatry at idol worship feasts.

"While Israel dwelt in Shittim, the people began to commit fornication with the daughters of Moab. For they invited the people to the sacrifice of their gods, and the people ATE AND BOWED DOWN TO THEIR GODS."

This was done at the scheming advice of the evil and greedy prophet Balaam.
    "It was these [women] who caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to act unfaithfully against Jehovah in the matter of Peor, so that the plague came upon the assembly of Jehovah." (Numb. 31:16)

The letters to the seven churches in Revelation 2 and 3 are highly symbolic actually applying to the whole church age. And in this symbolic warnings Christ condemns the eating of idol sacrifice food and fornication like failure of His saints. They have failed to see "the deep things of Satan as they say" and been deceived.

To the church in Pergamos He speaks - "But I have a few things against you, because you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat idol sacrifices and to commit fornication." (Rev. 2:14)

If you go back to Numbers you can see that their eating was actually participating in the idolatrous feasts along with fornicating.

Again to Thyatira which represents the lowest point of the degradation of the Christian church being involved with the occult and "the deep things of Satan as they say". It is not deep to Christ who has eyes of fire. But it is deep to the poor deceived Christians who are falling for the deception.

"But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and she teaches and leads My slaves astray to commit fornication and to eat idol sacrifices." (Rev. 2:20)

Balaam and Jezebel were two subtle, sneaky, underhanded, dupes of Satan carrying out schemes to corrupt God's people from within. They both weaponized idolatry and fornication. It is in this context Christ catches the sneakiness and warns His people.

In Romans 14 and in First Corinthian 8 - 11 the Apostle Paul does much of the same thing. He cautions the saints that their liberty in Christ can be used against them under the stealthy evil schemes of Satan. For this reason they should exercise love for one another and caution as to how their liberty in eating is not a cause of stumbling a brother or sister in Christ who is younger and more sensitive in conscience about diet.

I find more similarities in the two teachings then differences.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 21:45
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I don't need to "hope" anything about anything going away.

It is actually rather simple. All things can be eaten, as Christ taught, does not mean He will not catch the sneakiness of someone luring the Christians to eat, let's say, cocaine leaves so that they may get horribly addicted to the destruction of the holy assembly.

A grade of C - is all I could give you for a valid contradiction.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 21:52
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I don't need to "hope" anything about anything going away.

It is actually rather simple. All things can be eaten, as Christ taught, does not mean He will not catch the sneakiness of someone luring the Christians to eat, let's say, cocaine leaves so that they may get horribly addicted to the destruction of the holy assembly.

A grade of C - is all I could give you for a valid contradiction.
    Rev. 2:20 clearly says, '...and leads My slaves astray to commit fornication and to eat idol sacrifices."

Jesus equates eating idol sacrifices with fornication, while Paul gives it the thumbs up.

A+
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 23:193 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Jesus equates eating idol sacrifices with fornication, while Paul gives it the thumbs up.

Your C - I re-evaluate to F for gross dishonesty.

I again made the mistake of giving you a benefit of a benefit of a benefit of a doubt.

What does 1 Cor. 10:21 say ?
    Quote it.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 23:261 edit
    Hestirical conspiracies apparently do not stop with Donald Trump.

Here is the man writing who Ghost says gives thumbs up to idolatry.

"No, but the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become those who have fellowship with demons. You cannot drink the Lord's cup and the demons' cup; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the demons' table." (1 Cor. 10:20,21)

This is supposed to be Paul's "thumbs up" to idolatry.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 08:52
    @sonship said

Here is the man writing who Ghost says gives thumbs up to idolatry.

"No, but the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become those who have fellowship with demons. You cannot drink the Lord's cup and the demons' cup; you cannot partake ...[text shortened]... the demons' table." (1 Cor. 10:20,21)

This is supposed to be Paul's "thumbs up" to idolatry.
    Wow. 'Transparent goalpost moving alert.'

Unable to handle the contradiction about eating idol sacrifices you switch to idolatry. Have another go:

Rev. 2:20 clearly says, '...and leads My slaves astray to commit fornication and to eat idol sacrifices."

8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 11:293 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

You've already displayed your warped thinking.
    Adding a thin phony tissue of a victory dance doesn't help.

Paul, who probably wrote Hebrews, says the same thing as Christ, that physical food should not be so strong a distraction. We need to "eat" Christ Himself.

"Do not be carried away with various and strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be confirmed by grace, not by FOODS, in which those who walked in them were not profited." (Hebrews 13:9) Compare with Christ in Mark 7:19.

A "Gotcha!" argument that Paul thumbs up idol food contrary to Christ is just not the scandalous "contradiction" that your warped thinking wishes.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 11:55
    Simply asserting that someone else's "thinking" is wrong because it is "warped" ~ it must be a logical fallacy of some kind. Does it have a name?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 11:58
    @sonship said
    Is Ghost of a Duke's alleged similarity to Donald Trump an actual argument, to your way of thinking, because it sounds like an ad hominem logical fallacy.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 12:01
    @sonship said
    But after some prayer and study the scandalous "contradiction" is not really there.
    Appeal to the content of your own prayers - or what a supernatural being supposedly told you when you were praying - surely must be a logical fallacy.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 12:172 edits
    Additional dishonest hunting for scandal from the warped NT critic.
    Only a brief note needed to refute each.

• Jesus Tells Apostles To Teach His Commands Given Prior to His Ascension While In The Flesh, But Paul Says Not To Do So.

Lies.
    One example: Paul instructs the Corinthian Christians how to conduct the Lord's Supper according to what Jesus taught before His crucifixion.

"For I received from the Lord that which also I delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread, And having given thanks, He broke it and said, This is My body, which is for you, this do unto the remembrance of Me. Similarly also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in My blood, this DO, ... etc. etc." (1 Cor. 11:23-26)
    Next lie:

• Paul Says Elders Are Entitled To Pay for 'Preaching & Teaching,' But Jesus Says No.

Though Paul said some workers who labored full time sacrificially to serve the church should be supported, Paul boasts that he himself preached to certain congregations "free of charge". This criticism that Paul was after Christian's money was answered by him about 2,000 years ago. Sorry, it actually requires you to READ Second Corinthians where he is forced to defend the authenticity of his apostleship.

False alarm again.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 12:191 edit

• Jesus Teaches There Are Only 12 Apostles Into Eternity, But Paul Adds Himself To The List As a Thirteenth.

This is interestingly hypocritical of Ghost to try this. Ghost previously implied that he acknowledges Christ as speaking in Revelation 2 and 3 to the seven churches. But in those same letters Christ says that the church in Ephesus tested to see if the apostles were genuine or not.

"I know your works and your labor and your endurance, and that you cannot bear evil men; and you have tried those who call themselves apostles and are not, and have found them to be false." (Rev. 2:2)

Now by this time the only original of the twelve apostles left was John. To test to see if the apostles were genuine all the Ephesian church had to do was ask the person whether or not he was John. If he wasn't John, then they knew he was not one of the twelve original apostles.

But after the twelve there were other "apostles". Acts and the epistles mention Barnabus, Paul, Silas, Apollos.

Oh, what about Jesus Himself? Jesus separated Barnabus and Saul [Paul] for the work of apostleship in Acts 13.

"Now there were in Antioch, in the church that was there, prophets and teachers: Barnabus and Simeon who was called Niger, and Lucius the Cyrenian, and Manaen, foster brother of Herod the tetrarch and Saul.

And as they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, Set apart for Me now Barnabus and Saul for the work to which I have called them." (Acts 13:1,2)

That was their apostolic work of preaching the gospel and founding local churches.

"And I do not ask concerning these only [the original 12] but concerning those also who believe in Me through their word, that they all may be one; ... "(John 17:20,21a)

That certainly includes the following sent ones such as Barnabus and Paul who are called apostles in Acts.

Before the resurrection and ascension Christ strongly implied that there would be other sent ones whom He would send after the twelve original apostles. It has been pointed out that out of respect Christianity has usually not referred to any other "apostles" sent after the close of the New Testament. But actually, they just, out of respect, changed the name to "missionaries".
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 12:191 edit

• Paul Exhorts Celibacy, But Jesus Clearly Says It is A Choice Not Within Everyone's Power.

There is no contradiction. This is a false alarm and a warped prejudicial and superficial twisting of the New Testament.

Jesus said SOME would be celibate for dedication to the kingdom of the heavens.
    Paul said SOME have the gift to do so.
    Paul said he was glad that he himself was so celibate.
    And He said it would be good if there were others like him for the sake of the nearness of Christ's coming. But the lying critic "overlooks" that Paul made no legal requirement of celibacy and even said he had the right to a wife. He also recommended the Apostle Peter as an example of an apostle who took along with him a wife. (1 Cor. 9:5).

"Do we [the apostles] not have a right to take along a sister as a wife, even as the rest of the apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?"

Ghost you must love to be deceived.
    These are the cheapo criticisms designed only to deceive the simple minded who are too lazy to actually read the New Testament through for themselves. Are you proud of being such a trickster?

Paul did not make it a requirement. In fact he said the teaching of forbidding to marry was a doctrine of demons (1 Timothy 4:1).
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 12:411 edit
    @FMF
    Appeal to the content of your own prayers - or what a supernatural being supposedly told you when you were praying - surely must be a logical fallacy.

I said after I prayed and studied. There is no logical fallacy.

Some readers may be helped to know that to pray and study is good to address false accusations or even valid observations.

You have never had any of your imagined logical high ground over believers in Christ. That goes for your cheerleaders too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree