Carrobie retreats

Carrobie retreats

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You said, 'Jesus wants better than that.'

I replied, that I suspect, 'trying is all he requires.'

Didn't we just have an entire thread about humility? Why do you judge so harshly a Christian who acknowledges his weakness and need for God to make him stronger?

Are you really that daft? (Rhetorical).
I am merely asking questions.
It is not my place to judge.

Dive started a thread on humility, but he rarely acts humble, on this forum. And HE admitted that.

We could obviously say the same about me, but Dive seemed to be okay with a few questions thrown his way.

c

Moves
24 May 17

"I'm doing the best I can, I'm only human you know".

Does God lose patience for the above phrase? Or does He expect much more from one who claims to be in the spirit of Christ?

F

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Quite a lot of your posts seem to indicate that you do think it is your place to judge. This is a gap between thought and deed on your part that you perhaps ought to reflect upon.

c

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Quite a lot of your posts seem to indicate that you [b]do think it is your place to judge. This is a gap between thought and deed on your part that you perhaps ought to reflect upon.[/b]
In this thread, do you feel that I have judged Dive?
If yes, explain.

F

Moves
24 May 17

In this thread, do you feel that I have judged Dive?
If yes, explain.
I can't be bothered to see what's specifically on this thread, or another thread, or a dozen other threads. If you believe there is no gap between your thought and deed, then that's fine by me.

I just think it's something for you to reflect on because I think you telling yourself "It is not my place to judge" is borderline tragic.

If I were you I would go for six months without giving even a whiff of judging people before you made such a claim about how you see yourself and what you think your 'place' is or isn't.

c

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
I can't be bothered to see what's specifically on this thread, or another thread, or a dozen other threads. If you believe there is no gap between your thought and deed, then that's fine by me.

I just think it's something for you to reflect on because I think you telling yourself "It is not my place to judge" is borderline tragic.

If I were you I would g ...[text shortened]... re you made such a claim about how you see yourself and what you think your 'place' is or isn't.
You should seriously take your own advice. You're the one who ditched Jesus, and now refers to Him as a superstitious god figure.

Your position and attitude are much worse than mine. I wonder sometimes how Dive doesn't get aggravated with your cold mocking of his beliefs.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Your position and attitude are much worse than mine. I wonder sometimes how Dive doesn't get aggravated with your cold mocking of his beliefs.
There's that gap I was talking about again

F

Moves
24 May 17

You should seriously take your own advice. You're the one who ditched Jesus, and now refers to Him as a superstitious god figure.
What advice did I give you that you think applies to me and my loss of Christian faith?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 May 17

Well, you've been a Christian for 30 years, and you describe yourself as a 'weak Christian'.
Why? What are you doing wrong?

Do you have an attitude of..."eh, I'm doin the best I can".

Because reading some of the scripture posted on this forum, it seems like Jesus wants better than that, especially after 30 years of trying.
I though I made myself clear; I'm happy to admit my shortcomings, but I'm not going to discuss them with a person who is an abusive, alcoholic who has "always considered them self a Christian" but at the same time "has never been a Christian".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
Would you call that your "calling" here?
No.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 May 17

I am merely asking questions.

Dive started a thread on humility, but he rarely acts humble, on this forum. And HE admitted that.

We could obviously say the same about me, but Dive seemed to be okay with a few questions thrown his way.
You questioning me about my Christianity is a little like a neighbour asking why your windows are dirty.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 May 17

"I'm doing the best I can, I'm only human you know".

Does God lose patience for the above phrase? Or does He expect much more from one who claims to be in the spirit of Christ?
Why do you care?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 May 17

I think that you questioning someone for "ditching Jesus" is one of the most extraordinary positions I've seen on this forum in the 9 years I've been here.

c

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
I think that you questioning someone for "ditching Jesus" is one of the most extraordinary positions I've seen on this forum in the 9 years I've been here.
As usual, you deflect and evade by resorting back to ME. It's a neat trick to avoid answering the question.

Why are you a weak Christian after 30 years of experience?

Is your 'out' that you're just human, and doing the best you can? Is that really a satisfactory stance?

c

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
I though I made myself clear; I'm happy to admit my shortcomings, but I'm not going to discuss them with a person who is an abusive, alcoholic who has "always considered them self a Christian" but at the same time "has never been a Christian".
So it's okay to point out my shortcomings, but yours remain secret. Hypocrite.

You need to be challenged, and your pal FMF isn't gonna do it.