Calling all Christians: if you're wrong...

Calling all Christians: if you're wrong...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
So if a group of people on this forum believed pink unicorns existed, you would spend hours upon hours every day arguing with them?
It would be interesting to hear what they claimed were the instructions they'd heard from the pink unicorn ~ what promises, threats, demands and punishments they reckoned the pink unicorn had specified. Yes. But I cannot know how many hours would be spent doing this if there were to be such a group of people. How many hours do you plan to spend not answering the OP question?

F

Moves
17 Feb 18

Why would I want to entertain the idea that pink unicorns existed and waste time reading about them and then writing about them?
No one is suggesting that you do.

F

Moves
17 Feb 18

You’re buying into the false notion expressed in this forum by non-Christians that a Christian makes himself righteous (in right standing with God) by doing good works when it’s belief in Jesus Christ that makes a Christian righteous. Good works, which are the result of walking in and obeying God’s indwelt Holy Spirit, are fruits of that righteousness.
The OP question invites you to scrutinize the things you do in your life through the Islamic spiritual lense and not the Christian one. Will you answer the OP question eventually, do you think?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Feb 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Serious? Abraham.
Jehovah, Allah

So much for names.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
It would be interesting to hear what they claimed were the instructions they'd heard from the pink unicorn ~ what promises, threats, demands and punishments they reckoned the pink unicorn had specified. Yes. But I cannot know how many hours would be spent doing this if there were to be such a group of people. How many hours do you plan to spend not answering the OP question?
Would it really matter what they claimed the pink unicorns said if one didn’t believe pink unicorns existed? It wouldn’t to me.

And I did answer the OP question. Not in the way you wanted, I suspect, but I did answer it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 18

No one is suggesting that you do.
Then why ask me to respond to the OP question?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 18

The OP question invites you to scrutinize the things you do in your life through the Islamic spiritual lense and not the Christian one. Will you answer the OP question eventually, do you think?
I have answered it. Not in the way I suspect you like, but I have answered it.

F

Moves
17 Feb 18

I have answered it. Not in the way I suspect you like, but I have answered it.
I have read everything you have posted on this thread and all I see is you doing is dodging ~ and reminding everyone of your Christian faith over and over again. In fact, it's not clear why you are posting on this thread if you are dead set against addressing the thought exercise it kicks off with and answering its question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Christian v Islam? They are not talking about different gods.
Unless Islam believes in the Trinity (i.e. that Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are God, in addition to God the Father,) then Muslims and Christians believe in different Gods.

F

Moves
17 Feb 18

Romans1009: Why would I want to entertain the idea that pink unicorns existed and waste time reading about them and then writing about them?

FMF: No one is suggesting that you do.

Then why ask me to respond to the OP question?
Because the OP question isn't about pink unicorns. The OP question is about the life you live and the things you do as a Christian.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 18

I have read everything you have posted on this thread and all I see is you doing is dodging ~ and reminding everyone of your Christian faith over and over again. In fact, it's not clear why you are posting on this thread if you are dead set against addressing the thought exercise it kicks off with and answering its question.
Dodging how? By saying I’m not going to waste my time entertaining the idea that pink unicorns exist and then reading and writing about them?

I’m surprised a genuine atheist spends so much time debating what he claims is the equivalent of a pink unicorn.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 18

Because the OP question isn't about pink unicorns. The OP question is about the life you live and the things you do as a Christian.
You left off “through the prism of a false religion.”

F

Moves
17 Feb 18

I’m surprised a genuine atheist spends so much time debating what he claims is the equivalent of a pink unicorn.
I have claimed nothing of the sort. If anyone turns up here and sincerely claims that he or she has details about promises, threats, demands and punishments they reckoned the pink unicorn had specified in a revelation of itself, then there may be some parallels with Christianity.

It's deceptive of you to suggest that I have claimed that a pink unicorn about which nobody has made any truth claims is the equivalent of Christianity about which people make all manner of truth claims.

F

Moves
17 Feb 18

Dodging how? By saying I’m not going to waste my time entertaining the idea that pink unicorns exist and then reading and writing about them?
Nobody is asking you about pink unicorns.

F

Moves
17 Feb 18

You left off “through the prism of a false religion.”
It's a thought exercise. You'll still be a Christian and have your "true" religion after you engage in it.