Buddhism.........

Buddhism.........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
29 Nov 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"When the reality depends on you, everything is real;"

bb, does this line suggest that volition matters?
No my dear Boston Lad, the whole line has to do with the final fruit of the meditation; Bodhidharma suggests it 's meaningless either to use the mind in order to search for the reality, or to use the reality in order to search for the mind because the mind neither gives birth to the reality nor the reality gives birth to the mind. So, due to the fact that the meditator keeps both her/ his mind and the reality in calm, s/he is constantly at samadhi (samadhi is the final end of the meditation -it is simply the mind in full calm)
๐Ÿ˜ต

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Dec 13

Originally posted by black beetle
No my dear Boston Lad, the whole line has to do with the final fruit of the meditation; Bodhidharma suggests it 's meaningless either to use the mind in order to search for the reality, or to use the reality in order to search for the mind because the mind neither gives birth to the reality nor the reality gives birth to the mind. So, due to the fact th ...[text shortened]... at samadhi (samadhi is the final end of the meditation -it is simply the mind in full calm)
๐Ÿ˜ต
"No my dear Boston Lad, the whole line has to do with the final fruit of the meditation; Bodhidharma suggests it 's meaningless either to use the mind in order to search for the reality, or to use the reality in order to search for the mind because the mind neither gives birth to the reality nor the reality gives birth to the mind."

Would my long time friend from afar consider the possibility that this well presented somewhat intricate and passive format of deliberative meditation serves to subtlety yet soundly reject other definitive options by degrees of denial? -Bob

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
01 Dec 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"No my dear Boston Lad, the whole line has to do with the final fruit of the meditation; Bodhidharma suggests it 's meaningless either to use the mind in order to search for the reality, or to use the reality in order to search for the mind because the mind neither gives birth to the reality nor the reality gives birth to the mind."

Would my long tim ...[text shortened]... tation serves to subtlety yet soundly reject other definitive options by degrees of denial? -Bob
The case is simply that Bodhidharma offers the lines and immediately explains them exactly the way I presented. As far as I know, this final end of meditation is not refuted neither from the Shaolin circle or from any other Zen school, nor from any other Mahayana and Vajrayana system, nor from the Elder Brothers
๐Ÿ˜ต

rc

Moves
01 Dec 13
2 edits

Zen master in da house, you may ask me anything me sons!

The role of meditation my friends is to draw upon the subconscious mind, those experiences which are deeply buried there, to draw them up as water from a deep well, to ruminate upon them, reflect and to attempt some kind of solution, for it has been erroneously stated by one of the lecturer/sages at the school of art, Glasgow, that there are no correct answers, only correct questions, which is nonsensical, for if there are no correct answers then why search for solutions? Indeed the rule of meditation is to enter into the 'spirit of the ancients', not to imitate them, but to forge new truths, even as a musician takes the well defined principles of harmony and counterpoint and forges new melodies from the depths of his psyche which lift the spirit and animate our worlds.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
01 Dec 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

The role of meditation my friends is to draw upon the subconscious mind, those experiences which are deeply buried there, to draw them up as water from a deep well, to ruminate upon them, reflect and to attempt some kind of solution, for it has been erroneously stated by one of the lecturer/ ...[text shortened]... forges new melodies from the depths of his psyche which lift the spirit and animate our worlds.
Your opening can aspire to greater ambitions๐Ÿ˜ต

rc

Moves
01 Dec 13

Originally posted by black beetle
Your opening can aspire to greater ambitions๐Ÿ˜ต
But I love the Colle ๐Ÿ˜›

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
01 Dec 13

But I love the Colle ๐Ÿ˜›
๐Ÿ˜ต

Planet Rain

Moves
01 Dec 13

Boxers or briefs?

rc

Moves
01 Dec 13

Originally posted by Soothfast
Boxers or briefs?
My son, you are asking a Scotsman, please, have some respect for tradition, commando is the way to go!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 13

My son, you are asking a Scotsman, please, have some respect for tradition, commando is the way to go!
I find it unfortunate that my eyes cannot 'unsee' this.

rc

Moves
01 Dec 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
I find it unfortunate that my eyes cannot 'unsee' this.
Think of ground keeper Willy from the Simpsons ๐Ÿ˜€

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Dec 13

The role of meditation my friends is to draw upon the subconscious mind, those experiences which are deeply buried there, to draw them up as water from a deep well, to ruminate upon them, reflect and to attempt some kind of solution, for it has been erroneously stated by one of the lecturer/ ...[text shortened]... forges new melodies from the depths of his psyche which lift the spirit and animate our worlds.
Tartan or cop outfit?

rc

Moves
03 Dec 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Tartan or cop outfit?
it depends on whether its summer or winter ๐Ÿ˜€

anyhow, you guys gotta suck up this Zen music, its awesome,

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Dec 13

it depends on whether its summer or winter ๐Ÿ˜€

anyhow, you guys gotta suck up this Zen music, its awesome,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2yk1lsi9RM
Good Music for meditation, funnily enough I have found Timothy Leary's techno album (made not long before his death) as being very pleasing with meditation.

BTW , that was a very luke warm answer ๐Ÿ˜€

rc

Moves
07 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Good Music for meditation, funnily enough I have found Timothy Leary's techno album (made not long before his death) as being very pleasing with meditation.

BTW , that was a very luke warm answer ๐Ÿ˜€
balance in all things my son๐Ÿ˜ต