Breaking Free of Self-Abuse-Why? How?

Breaking Free of Self-Abuse-Why? How?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I got a jumper , a pair of jeans, addidas toiletry and hiking socks.
I got a flood free home. 😏

-m.

j

Moves
26 Dec 11
4 edits

Originally posted by mikelom
I got a flood free home. 😏

-m.
Do you know that you have eternal life ?

I am all in agreement about God's love expressed in John 3:16.
But John wrote all the things in his Gospel and epistles that we may know that we have eternal life.

Are you still hoping?
Are you still waiting to see how it turns out?
Are you hanging in there, hoping for the best ?

Or can you say with humility that you know that you have eternal life?

"I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)

If you cannot say that you have the assurance then perhaps "the blood of His own" or "His own blood" is something you should ask yourself if your REALLY believe afterall.

Maybe the Watchtower has not let you understand what "the blood of His own" or "His own blood" really means.

If you have doubt about your eternal salvation, you should not dress that up as humbleness. John said he wrote these things that you may KNOW that you have eternal life.

I KNOW that I have received this gift. And all the glory goes to Christ - to the Triune God.

Maybe you should ask if you really have the PLEDGE of the Holy Spirit.

" ... in Him also believing, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of the promise, Who is the PLEDGE of our inheritance unto the redemption of the acquired possession, to the praise of His glory." (Eph. 1:13b,14)

I know because I have the pledge of the Holy Spirit who is a living and indwelling SEAL, a garuantee of the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by jaywill
Do you know that you have eternal life ?

I am all in agreement about God's love expressed in John 3:16.
But John wrote all the things in his Gospel and epistles that we may know that we have eternal life.

Are you still hoping?
Are you still waiting to see how it turns out?
Are you hanging in there, hoping for the best ?

Or can you say w ...[text shortened]... and indwelling SEAL, a garuantee of the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.
How many drinks have you had Jaywill? πŸ˜€
You mixing up Mike and Robbie.
What an insult !

j

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
How many drinks have you had Jaywill? πŸ˜€
You mixing up Mike and Robbie.
What an insult !
Oh, I am sorry fellas. He is right.

That last post was meant for Robbie, and for the rest of the whole world.

j

Moves
26 Dec 11

This is primarly for the believers in Christ.

The topic has something to do with a compulsion for sex or masturbation.

It is not profitable for the Christian to focus on a weakness.
The more a Christian focuses on a particular habit it is like tugging at a yarn of thread. The more you pull at it the tighter it becomes.

Rather than turn our attention to our failures or bad habits, we should turn our attention to the available and living Jesus Christ. Looking AWAY unto Jesus.

Do not look at your bad habit. Struggling and fighting against a habit is of no use and can be counter productive. The sin nature rebels on general principle. Trying to keep even your own law will cause the flesh to react all the more to enslave you to your habit.

Rather we should praise Christ for the truth. We have been crucified with Him. We have died with Him. We were buried with Him.

'Lord Jesus. I don't even want to struggle and strain. Lord I want to REST in You. Thank You Lord that I have been crucified with YOU. Thank You Lord I have been buried with You. Thank You Lord Jesus that I have been raised with You and am seated with You."

Faith just JOINS you to Christ. In Him is VICTORY. Christ the only OVERCOMER. Christ is the VICTOR.

The only hope is for us to learn to continuously JOIN ourselves to Christ by FAITH. Focusing on our weakness or out besetting sin. We must look away unto Jesus. We must TURN our heart to the Lord Jesus. We must exercise our praying spirit and proclaim the truth that makes us free.

Satan's only power is in his lies. We must proclaim the truths of the God's word with a prayerful and exercised regenerated spirit.

F

Moves
26 Dec 11

Merry Christmas, jaywill. I for one feel a degree of respect for the scholarly and consistent nature of your endeavours on this forum, that others would have to work hard to equal. Merry Christmas to you.

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11
2 edits

J.N. Darby's footnote is that [b]"the blood of His own" is how he also reads it. And he translated the entire Bible from Hebrew and Greek.

HOWEVER, Darby had absolutely no hesitation to believe Christ is God incarnate. But I acknowledge that "the blood of His own" was his prefered rendering of that verse. And the same footnote in his s own blood,"[/b] STILL means the blood of the First and the Last - JEHOVAH. [/b]
so what? Vine was also as trinitarian it did not mean that his understanding of lexical
Greek terms was any less, or his scholarly study of no use, it simply means that he
was biased.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
26 Dec 11

No problem. Time for bed here anyway - 23.07pm. πŸ˜‰

-m.

('Twas meant for 'all' from jaywill, anyway - mai pen rai)

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11
4 edits

I am sorry Jaywill, my attention span is fairly small, I generally do not read anything past a few paragraphs and i have no desire to get into another, fruitless, futile and pointless debate that Christ is God, the scriptures make it very clear that he is not and

I don't believe that there is anything deficient about your attention spa t
is Jehovah God who became DEAD and is alive again with the keys of death and of Hades.[/b]
sooo wrong, we except that Christ is a mighty God (a divine being) Hebrew El Gibbor,
Isaiah does not use the term Almighty God, Hebrew, El Shaddai, although he could
have, but he doesn't, so why are you saying that he does? why are you trying to
portray something that is not explicit in the text jaywill? the answer is because you
have a religious bias. You talk of honesty and truth, yet you are unable to see that
you are biased and continue to present a case for something that is not explicitly
stated anywhere in the entire biblical cannon, why, because you have a religious bias,
if you were honest and interested in truth as you claim you would accept this fact, but
you are not and therefore cannot, because of your bias. I shall repeat it again,

why are you trying to portray something that is not explicit in the text jaywill? (if you
can keep you text short i would appreciate it)

j

Moves
26 Dec 11
3 edits

so what? Vine was also as trinitarian it did not mean that his understanding of lexical
Greek terms was any less, or his scholarly study of no use, it simply means that he is
was biased.
so what? Vine was also as trinitarian it did not mean that his understanding of lexical Greek terms was any less, or his scholarly study of no use, it simply means that he is was biased.

He had no spirit of antichrist which motivates your opposition to the Person of Christ.

And both Vine and Darby I am certain had the assurance of salvation, which you apparently lack.

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11
3 edits

[quote] so what? Vine was also as trinitarian it did not mean that his understanding of lexical Greek terms was any less, or his scholarly study of no use, it simply means that he is was biased.

He had no spirit of antichrist which motivates your oppostion to the Person of Christ.

And he probably had the assurance of salvation which you apparently lack.[/b]
I am not motivated to oppose either the operation of the Holy spirit nor of Christ,
simply because i do not accept that Christ is the almighty hardly means that i am
antichrist, indeed, I want you to explain, how it does make me anti christ.

As for the one saved always saved nonsense that has contributed to an amoral
climate in the churches of Christendom who continue to trample upon the sacrifice of
Christ again and again because of it, you will now explain, if we are once saved and
always saved, why does Jesus state that he who endures to the end is the one that
will be saved, for if my salvation is guaranteed, according to you, then there will be
no need of anything, especially endurance, will there? and while we are here, you will
also explain Pauls words, he that is standing beware that he does not fall, if his
salvation is assured, why did Paul states these words, for in view of your
perspective, they seem quite pointless.

j

Moves
26 Dec 11

sooo wrong, we except that Christ is a mighty God (a divine being) Hebrew El Gibbor,
Isaiah does not use the term Almighty God, Hebrew, El Shaddai, although he could
have, but he doesn't, so why are you saying that he does? why are you trying to
portray something that is not explicit in the text jaywill? the answer is because you
have a rel ...[text shortened]... t is not explicit in the text jaywill? (if you
can keep you text short i would appreciate it)
we except that Christ is a mighty God (a divine being) Hebrew El Gibbor, Isaiah does not use the term Almighty God, Hebrew, El Shaddai,

" ... the great, the mighty God, Jehovah of hosts is his name ..." (Jeremiah 32:18)

"The Mighty One, God, Jehovah, hath spoken ..." (Psalm 50:1)

Both passages from the 1901 American Standard Bible, in this case PUBLISHED by the Watchtower Society.

I am biased towards the truth. Jehovah God is the Mighty God, the Mighty One. And the Mighty God was born in a woman to become the child in Isaiah 9:6.

Short enough ?

rc

Moves
26 Dec 11
4 edits

Both passages from the 1901 Am d the Mighty God was born in a woman to become the child in Isaiah 9:6.

Short enough ?
yes its short enough and i thank you for it, but please answer the question, why are
you trying to portray something that is not explicitly stated in the text of Isaiah, it does
not read Almighty God, does it Jaywill, so why are you saying that it does. Again,

why are you trying to portray something that is not explicitly stated in the text of
Isaiah, Jaywill. Lets see if you are honest enough to admit your bias, shall we?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Dec 11

yes its short enough and i thank you for it, but please answer the question, why are
you trying to portray something that is not explicitly stated in the text of Isaiah, it does
not read Almighty God, does it Jaywill, so why are you saying that it does. Again,

why are you trying to portray something that is not explicitly stated in the text of
Isaiah, Jaywill. Lets see if you are honest enough to admit your bias, shall we?
When you can satisfactorily explain how the person Jesus can be:

"Mighty God"
"Everlasting Father"
"Prince of peace"
"The Wonderful Counsellor"
"Abaddon"
"The Archangel Michael"
"the Son of God"
"a human being"
And god's "agent"

Then you may be entitled to ask your supercilious questions of the mainstream Christians here - it is you JW that need to explain your strange doctrines not the other way round.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Dec 11
1 edit

What is the difference between Mighty God and Almighty God? Don't you
believe there is only one God? Are the JWs polytheists or monotheists?
If they are monotheists, it makes no difference if it says Mighty or Almighty
because it is the same idea about the one God. Can't the Mighty God be
Almighty and the Almighty God be Mighty, especially since we are talking
about the one and only true God?