1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 20:55
    Does anyone feel that if a person is attracted to the same sex, that they were born that way? And if so, how can God condem such a person if He, in fact, created them?

There must be a point when not everything one reads in the Bible can be true, despite the desire to push aside all reason and human nature, and just declare it a sin. (And how easy it is, for a heterosexual, to do so with regards to being gay)

Jesus said nothing about this matter.

Note: to take the Bible literally, on all debatable topics, would mean that slavery should be okay. (For example)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 21:31
    @chaney3 said
    Does anyone feel that if a person is attracted to the same sex, that they were born that way? And if so, how can God condem such a person if He, in fact, created them?

There must be a point when not everything one reads in the Bible can be true, despite the desire to push aside all reason and human nature, and just declare it a sin. (And how easy it is, for a heterosexual ...[text shortened]... the Bible literally, on all debatable topics, would mean that slavery should be okay. (For example)
    Paedophiles attracted to little girls are also "born this way". So are kleptomaniacs, "born this way", so are men with 1 wife and 10 outside women. They are all "born this way". You too. You are "born this way". Apparently your problem is that you are attracted to alcohol.

That "born this way" lame as$$ excuse is not going to cut it in front of God. So find another one.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 21:44
    @rajk999 said
    Paedophiles attracted to little girls are also "born this way". So are kleptomaniacs, "born this way", so are men with 1 wife and 10 outside women. They are all "born this way". You too. You are "born this way". Apparently your problem is that you are attracted to alcohol.

That "born this way" lame as$$ excuse is not going to cut it in front of God. So find another one.
    Rajk, you are usually quick to pass judgement. You listed 4 issues that you probably don't have personal issues with, just like I mentioned in my OP, (using being heterosexual as an example). You may not have to face God on those issues, but surely..... again surely, you will have to answer to God on issues that YOU have and the next man doesn't have.

You neglected to comment on whether or not God had a hand in creating people a certain way.

Also.....is slavery okay? Since it's okay in the Bible?

***People are very quick to condemn others who have problems that they don't personally have. This makes Bible thumpers the worst of all. ***
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 21:47
    @chaney3 said
    Rajk, you are usually quick to pass judgement. You listed 4 issues that you probably don't have personal issues with, just like I mentioned in my OP, (using being heterosexual as an example). You may not have to face God on those issues, but surely..... again surely, you will have to answer to God on issues that YOU have and the next man doesn't have.

You neglected to com ...[text shortened]... s who have problems that they don't personally have. This makes Bible thumpers the worst of all. ***
    Define slavery.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:00
    @rajk999 said
    Define slavery.
    Jesus Himself spoke about slaves obeying their masters. (Going by memory)

Not sure what definition you are looking for, or what type of slavery you are willing to say is okay.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:08
    @chaney3 said
    Jesus Himself spoke about slaves obeying their masters. (Going by memory)

Not sure what definition you are looking for, or what type of slavery you are willing to say is okay.
    Define slavery, if you want an answer to your question.

Also, telling me Im judgmental or prejudice [avalancethecat's words], is wasting your time. All im doing is telling you what the bible says. If you dont like it then ignore it and mosey on down the road.

This is a forum for Spirituality. I will tell you what the bible has whether you like it, or agree with it, or not.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:17
    @rajk999 said
    Define slavery, if you want an answer to your question.

Also, telling me Im judgmental or prejudice [avalancethecat's words], is wasting your time. All im doing is telling you what the bible says. If you dont like it then ignore it and mosey on down the road.

This is a forum for Spirituality. I will tell you what the bible has whether you like it, or agree with it, or not.
    That makes you a Bible thumper who will wholeheartedly criticize people, based on what the Bible says, and ignore your own faults that are condemned in the Bible.

You obviously ignored parts of my OP, especially the part that rightly claimed that you, a heterosexual, have no problem quoting the Bible with issues that don't pertain to you.

You are quite a hypocrite Rajk, because since 1John claims that ALL sin, you condemn others, but put yourself up on a pedestal...... because YOU don't struggle with their issues.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:21
    @chaney3 said
    That makes you a Bible thumper who will wholeheartedly criticize people, based on what the Bible says, and ignore your own faults that are condemned in the Bible.

You obviously ignored parts of my OP, especially the part that rightly claimed that you, a heterosexual, have no problem quoting the Bible with issues that don't pertain to you.

You are quite a hypocrite Rajk ...[text shortened]... ondemn others, but put yourself up on a pedestal...... because YOU don't struggle with their issues.
    Cant define slavery? Thought so. Calling me names [now Im a bible thumper] is just wasting your time. You are making yourself look stupid.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:23
    @chaney3 said
    You are quite a hypocrite Rajk, because since 1John claims that ALL sin, you condemn others, but put yourself up on a pedestal...... because YOU don't struggle with their issues.
    In which post do you think Rajk999 put himself "up on a pedestal"?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:28
    @rajk999 said
    Cant define slavery? Thought so. Calling me names [now Im a bible thumper] is just wasting your time. You are making yourself look stupid.
    Are you seriously asking for a definition of slavery? As if you think any form of slavery will be okay? Just to save face, and justify the Bible?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:35
    @fmf said
    In which post do you think Rajk999 put himself "up on a pedestal"?
    Please answer the OP.

Rajk, a heterosexual, has NO problem quoting the Bible when it comes to an issue he doesn't have to deal with, but he certainly has some issues in his life that contradict Biblical writing.

This is based on his thousands of posts in the past and not exclusive to this thread.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:42
    @chaney3 said
    Rajk, a heterosexual, has NO problem quoting the Bible when it comes to an issue he doesn't have to deal with, but he certainly has some issues in his life that contradict Biblical writing.

This is based on his thousands of posts in the past and not exclusive to this thread.
    So, you're saying Rajk999 is quoting the Bible. Got it. Now, in which post do you think Rajk999 has put himself "up on a pedestal"?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:431 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Are you seriously asking for a definition of slavery?
    Seriously.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:48
    @fmf said
    So, you're saying Rajk999 is quoting the Bible. Got it. Now, in which post do you think Rajk999 has put himself "up on a pedestal"?
    Anyone who quotes the Bible to put down someone else puts himself on a pedestal because he is surely ignoring an aspect of his own life that is contrary to the Bible.

FMF, I will not answer another post of yours on this line, and take away a valuable point I'm trying to make with regards to God's involvement in a person's character makeup.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 22:52
    @chaney3 said
    Anyone who quotes the Bible to put down someone else puts himself on a pedestal because he is surely ignoring an aspect of his own life that is contrary to the Bible.
    How is he "ignoring an aspect of his own life that is contrary to the Bible"? Which post are you referring to?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree