Born again!

Born again!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
25 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
My answer from page #5:

" The Bible explains that God is the reader of hearts. He knows more then any human could possibly know about any of us, even ourselves.
So he knew that all of mankind was bad with no hope, but he still loved all humans as he is the creater of all. I guess as any parent would be with a wicked child, their is always hope that ...[text shortened]... how have a change of heart, God would have had no problem in protecting them from the flood."
Thank you Galveston75, this is a nice explanation of your view of how god may feel about humans but it does not answer the question of why god instructed Noah to make a lifeboat that was of insufficient size to accommodate more than a limited number of these humans.

If god is all knowing about human hearts like you say, and as you also say wanted all the people to repent, and got Noah preaching for decades (again your view) but made the lifeboat too small...what was the point of all the preaching?

I don't think your explanation adds up I'm afraid, but thank you for posting it anyway. Anyone else care to explain this apparent contradiction?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Velns
Thank you Galveston75, this is a nice explanation of your view of how god may feel about humans but it does not answer the question of why god instructed Noah to make a lifeboat that was of insufficient size to accommodate more than a limited number of these humans.

If god is all knowing about human hearts like you say, and as you also say wanted all the p but thank you for posting it anyway. Anyone else care to explain this apparent contradiction?
It is not my view. It is a fact as 2 Peter 2:5 explains very clearly....

2 Peter 2:5

New Living Translation (NLT)

5 And God did not spare the ancient world—except for Noah and the seven others in his family. "Noah warned the world of God’s righteous judgment."
So God protected Noah when he destroyed the world of ungodly people with a vast flood.

2Pet 2:5 (NWT)

5. and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people;

I think I've answered your question on the size of the ark as well as a couple others here have also done.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
26 Aug 13

It is not my view. It is a fact as 2 Peter 2:5 explains very clearly....

2 Peter 2:5

New Living Translation (NLT)

5 And God did not spare the ancient world—except for Noah and the seven others in his family. "Noah warned the world of God’s righteous judgment."
So God protected Noah when he destroyed the world of ungodly people with a va ...[text shortened]... answered your question on the size of the ark as well as a couple others here have also done.
It is a little frustrating for me that I can't seem to explain myself to you very well; either that, or you are deliberately misunderstanding me for some reason.

I will try again:

You said earlier that god wanted all to repent and be in the time of Noah and that Noah was preaching to the masses. Well if god wanted everyone to repent and sent Noah to preach to them for decades, why during his preaching did he tell Noah to make the boat so small in terms of human occupancy?

Either god new no one would repent, and if so then why bother sending Noah to preach? Or he didn't know, but made the boat too small anyway?

Do you understand what I am asking Galveston75?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Aug 13

It is a little frustrating for me that I can't seem to explain myself to you very well; either that, or you are deliberately misunderstanding me for some reason.

I will try again:

You said earlier that god wanted all to repent and be in the time of Noah and that Noah was preaching to the masses. Well if god wanted everyone to repent and sent Noah to prea ...[text shortened]... t know, but made the boat too small anyway?

You are wasting your time trying to explain anything to these JW numbnuts. I've been there, done that. They just get selective amnesia for anything you explain to them.

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 13

A short musical interlude -

Some young born again believers singing a song from the book of Revelation -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oLvkNb5FjfQ

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13

I will try again:

You said earlier that god wanted all to repent and be in the time of Noah and that Noah was preaching to the masses. Well if god wanted everyone to repent and sent Noah to prea ...[text shortened]... t know, but made the boat too small anyway?

I'm not trying to frustrate you at all. Sorry if it comes over that way, so let me try again.
The Bible shows our God is a God justice and fairness to all humans. He had Noah go out and preach to all what he had planed in the future for all humans that did not change their ways and turn back to God and live a good and decent life.
Now God no doubt knew no one was going to change.....but....would it not be loving and fair on his part to give every chance possible? After all some humans in the past that were really cruel and wicked have changed. It could happen.
And if God did not have Noah go out and do all he could to find a listening ear, how would Noah and his family have felt about that? How would all humans that have lived on earth after that have felt about God? Would we view him as cruel and not giving then a chance?
Yes he could have turned his face from them and said no way are they going to change and just had Noah and his family go into the ark.
But he didn't. For decades Noah went out to warn them all while he was still building the ark.
So God did this first of all because he loves all humans and wants no one to die, ever.
But it had come to a head with the wickedness on this planet and he had to finally destroy them all in order for those few humans to live on and for us to be here today.
I have no doubt that if Noah had found even up to a hundred people, they would have all fit into the ark.
Remember Jesus fed hundreds with just a few loaves of bread and a few fishes.

I hope this helps and if not let me know.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are wasting your time trying to explain anything to these JW numbnuts. I've been there, done that. They just get selective amnesia for anything you explain to them.

The Instructor
Good loving instruction there "oh holy instructor dude!!!!"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

I'm not trying to frustrate you at all. Sorry if it comes over that way, so let me try again.
The Bible shows our God is a God justice and fairness to all humans. He had Noah go out and preach to all what he had planed in the future for all humans that did not change their ways and turn back to God and live a good and decent life.
Now God no doubt kn ...[text shortened]... ust a few loaves of bread and a few fishes.

I cant believe you still saying the same thing Galveston. The Bible says nothing about Noah preaching or warning anyone. Thats the crux of your problem.

P

Moves
27 Aug 13

I’m a born again heathen. We all come into the world heathens and are promptly indoctrinated into the faith of our fathers (and mothers). Some of us develop an intellect, realize he dogma of all organized religions have obscured the true values put forth by their founders and we become humanist heathens and often refer to ourselves as agnostic or atheist.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
27 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
I cant believe you still saying the same thing Galveston. The Bible says nothing about Noah preaching or warning anyone. Thats the crux of your problem.
This is interesting. Earlier in this thread Galveston75 seemed to be implying that Noah's ark was a representation of the Jehovah's Witness church and therefore the only way to escape the metaphorical flood of the coning times, but if Noah never preached to the masses then the typification does not work as the Jehovah's witnesses always go door to door. It does make me wonder that if in the same way that Noah would have been wasting his time, if the Jehovah's witnesses are too. Also maybe the modern ark is something other than their church.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
27 Aug 13

Now God no doubt kn ...[text shortened]... ust a few loaves of bread and a few fishes.

It seems some posters here don't think that Noah did go out and preach about the flood. It would seem like a waste of time when there is a flood coming and a boat to build.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by Phranny
I’m a born again heathen. We all come into the world heathens and are promptly indoctrinated into the faith of our fathers (and mothers). Some of us develop an intellect, realize he dogma of all organized religions have obscured the true values put forth by their founders and we become humanist heathens and often refer to ourselves as agnostic or atheist.
Good for you. The Bible says that if you follow no law [or ignorant of all laws] but still do good deeds becuase your conscience guides you to do good, then Christ will still judge you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

This is interesting. Earlier in this thread Galveston75 seemed to be implying that Noah's ark was a representation of the Jehovah's Witness church and therefore the only way to escape the metaphorical flood of the coning times, but if Noah never preached to the masses then the typification does not work as the Jehovah's witnesses always go door to door. It doe ...[text shortened]... Jehovah's witnesses are too. Also maybe the modern ark is something other than their church.
Interesting comparison.

P

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
Good for you. The Bible says that if you follow no law [or ignorant of all laws] but still do good deeds becuase your conscience guides you to do good, then Christ will still judge you.
Okay, so you believe in a son of God or a God that has such a huge ego that even if I live a life that follows all the values of Christ, I will be judged unfit for heavan unless I recognize Him????

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by Phranny
Okay, so you believe in a son of God or a God that has such a huge ego that even if I live a life that follows all the values of Christ, I will be judged unfit for heavan unless I recognize Him????
Did I say that? Please read my post again