Born again!

Born again!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
19 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
I understand. But if not ours, what if that was still the only way?

What has history shown? Did not something very simular accure with Noah and the flood? What happened to those who did not heed the warnings that Noah gave for decades? Do you think God only wanted those eight to live thru the flood?
I'm guessing god wanted all those people to live, but had they all chosen to listen to Noah the boat would have not held them all.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Aug 13

Originally posted by Velns
I'm guessing god wanted all those people to live, but had they all chosen to listen to Noah the boat would have not held them all.
Then there would be no need for the flood or the ark smarty.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
19 Aug 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
Then there would be no need for the flood or the ark smarty.
Perhaps you are missing my point; what if 50% of the people wanted to join the ark?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Aug 13

Perhaps you are missing my point; what if 50% of the people wanted to join the ark?
Do you know the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? Fifty, Forty five, Forty, Thirty, Ten. God was willing to stop the destruction of Sodom for the sake of 10 righteous souls.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Aug 13

Do you know the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? Fifty, Forty five, Forty, Thirty, Ten. God was willing to stop the destruction of Sodom for the sake of 10 righteous souls.
Good point. He wants all to live but eventually has to stop the maddness for the few that deserve the life we all should be wanting.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
20 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Good point. He wants all to live but eventually has to stop the maddness for the few that deserve the life we all should be wanting.
By "deserve the life", what do you mean please?

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
20 Aug 13
1 edit

I do know the story yes. You don't seem to want to address my point unless I'm not making myself clear, I'm sorry if that is the case.

If god wants all to live and all have a free choice to do good and earn our ticket; then why did god tell Noah to build an ark with such a limited capacity?

Same question to Galveston75

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Aug 13

I do know the story yes. You don't seem to want to address my point unless I'm not making myself clear, I'm sorry if that is the case.

If god wants all to live and all have a free choice to do good and earn our ticket; then why did god tell Noah to build an ark with such a limited capacity?

They were all hopelessly evil except for Noah and family. No point in preparing accommodation for them.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
20 Aug 13

They were all hopelessly evil except for Noah and family. No point in preparing accommodation for them.
I don't understand im afraid, if we are all "hopelessly evil" to the point that god knows that none of us would listen to Noah and board the ark, then how can we ever do the good that is required for us to get into either your version of the afterlife or become one of Gaveston75's "deserving"?

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
20 Aug 13

Seems a little arbitrary and callous.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Aug 13

Seems a little arbitrary and callous.
And?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I don't understand im afraid, if we are all "hopelessly evil" to the point that god knows that none of us would listen to Noah and board the ark, then how can we ever do the good that is required for us to get into either your version of the afterlife or become one of Gaveston75's "deserving"?
I said 'they'. You changed my 'they' to 'we' and proceeded to ask a very foolish question. If you can never do good then live your life and forget about it. Why worry?

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
20 Aug 13
1 edit

And?
Well if that is what you accept, then it is what it is.

I just have this slightly amusing picture in my mind of Noah getting up on the last day before the flood and looking out of the window at the crowds who have gathered outside to get in and Noah turns to his wife and says "we're going to need a bigger boat".

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Aug 13

Well if that is what you accept, then it is what it is.

I just have this slightly amusing picture in my mind of Noah getting up on the last day before the flood and looking out of the window at the crowds who have gathered outside to get in and Noah turns to his wife and says "we're going to need a bigger boat".
Thats nice. Its a good thing to be easily amused.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Aug 13

The Bible explains that God is the reader of hearts. He knows more then any human could possibly know about any of us, even ourselves.
So he knew that all of mankind was bad with no hope, but he still loved all humans as he is the creater of all. I guess as any parent would be with a wicked child, their is always hope that one could change and that is why he had Noah give warnings to all that he could about the impending flood. If he didn't care, why the effort he asked Noah to do this?
If even one other human or a thousand did somehow have a change of heart, God would have had no problem in protecting them from the flood.