1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 15:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not see how it is possible for man to survive even a million years into the future. We are in the process of destroying ourselves long before the sun explodes. Our only hope is the return of the Lord to save us and create a new heaven and new earth as prophecied.
    Come on, Ron, convert real time units into your 'creationist' time units.

Instead of the Sun already existing for 5 billion years with another 5 billion to go, that would make it already existing for 6 thousand years with another 6 thousand to go. Surely we can do 6 thousand more years, no?

How about my other question, Ron. When do YOU see the Tribulation beginning?
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 15:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are you trolling me, or what?

You should know my position, I've stated it here enough times.
    are you referring to the 'end times'? i know you believe thats how the world will end. i didnt know you thought it was going down in the next 100years (i assume this is what your 'position' is, if not im stumped).
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 15:49
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you referring to the 'end times'? i know you believe thats how the world will end. i didnt know you thought it was going down in the next 100years (i assume this is what your 'position' is, if not im stumped).
    Suzianne believes in that wacky fire and brimstone Revelation ending. There is a Christian holocaust somewhere on the horizon, quite who's going to kill all the Christians I'm not sure. There aren't any left here in the UK, apart from a few old biddies and Robbie.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 16:02
    If one believes in a pre-Tribulation rapture.

The Tribulation is coming, and soon. If the (pre-Tribulation) "Rapture" is imminent, it'll have to be soon as well. I personally don't believe in a "get-out-of-the-Tribulation-free" card.
    Scripture?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 16:09
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Suzianne believes in that wacky fire and brimstone Revelation ending. There is a Christian holocaust somewhere on the horizon, quite who's going to kill all the Christians I'm not sure. There aren't any left here in the UK, apart from a few old biddies and Robbie.
    im shocked she's confident enough to say it will be in the next 50/100 years. id be interested to know how she has arrived at such a precise figure.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 16:201 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Scripture?
    Scripture? Really? Scripture doesn't ever mention a "rapture" (yes, I know all about scripture talking about "meeting the Lord in the air", and "one will be taken, one will be left" ), nor does it furnish a timetable (pre-Tribulation, post-Tribulation). I maintain that the idea of a "rapture" has been promoted by Christians who fancy themselves being so "special" that God will just pull their nads out of the fire "just in time". A LOT of these people are going to be very surprised. I'm a lot more agreeable to a "post-Tribulation" event than a "pre-Tribulation" event.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    im shocked she's confident enough to say it will be in the next 50/100 years. id be interested to know how she has arrived at such a precise figure.
    "In the next 50 years" is precise? I'll be sure to set my watch, then.

Many in the financial arena feel there will be an economic collapse coming by the end of 2015, at the latest.

I know your mind is set against anything Christian or suggesting that there are "soon-to-be-fulfilled" Christian prophecies, but examine Matthew 24 if you get a chance. These signs Jesus says shows the end times are coming, and coming fast.

"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
    So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." -- Matthew 24:32-33, KJV

Edit: I believe this could happen within 20 years, I've said as much here before, but probably within 50 for sure. I believe the Tribulation will begin with the "abomination of desolation" standing in the holy place, i.e. the AntiChrist on the Temple Mount, possibly in a rebuilt Temple, negotiating some form of peace treaty with Israel. Then the seven year countdown to the return of Jesus Christ begins. The AntiChrist, however, won't appear until the world is in such desperate straits that the world will welcome him because he will have answers to many of the world's problems. So in this way, things will have to get way worse than they already are first.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 17:26
    Come on, Ron, convert real time units into your 'creationist' time units.

Instead of the Sun already existing for 5 billion years with another 5 billion to go, that would make it already existing for 6 thousand years with another 6 thousand to go. Surely we can do 6 thousand more years, no?

How about my other question, Ron. When do YOU see the Tribulation beginning?
    I have a website that may send Ron into an infinite loop, much like they tried to do to the Borg with an unsolveable algorithm in Star Trek.

http://creation.com/new-time-dilation-helps-creation-cosmology
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 18:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Scripture?
    "Chuck Smith: Sermon Notes for 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

"THE RAPTURE"

Intro: Some who ridicule idea of rapture, they say the word "rapture" not in the Bible. Greek word "harpazo" translated "caught up" means "to be snatched way by force".

In Latin it is "raptus". So the word is in one of the oldest Bibles in existence, the Latin Vulgate.

I. WHAT IS MEANT BY RAPTURE?

A. That event when the Lord, Jesus Christ snatches His church out of the world.

B. It shall happen suddenly without a moment's notice. "Behold I show you a mystery..."

C. We the church shall be changed "meta-morphisus".

1. "For our citizenship is in heaven..."

2. Phl 3:20 "This corruption must put on..."

3. 1Cr 15 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God..."

4. 1Jo 3:2 One moment, maybe on my way to work, maybe sleeping at night, the next moment with the Lord.

II. WHEN IS THIS EVENT TO TAKE PLACE?

A. No man knows the day or the hour.

1. If we say we do we are boasting to superior knowledge than even Christ had on earth.

2. It could happen at any time.

B. For years Bible scholars have been waiting for the re-establishment of the nation of Israel.

1. O.T. prophecy concerning Israel.

a. Cast out, scattered, gathered again.

b. The gathering again was to be the sign of the end.

1. "When the Lord shall build up Zion..."

2. "And in the last days when I shall gather them..."

2. Since this took place in 1949 we are now looking for the rapture of the church which will be the next great fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

a. Jesus said, "When these things begin to come to pass look up..."

http://www.blbclassic.org/commentaries/comm_view.cfm?AuthorID=1&contentID=19149&commInfo=26&topic=1%20Thessalonians
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 19:07
    Well, you know where I stand on this issue.

No sense getting worked up with over 5 billion years to go.

We won't make it another hundred, I'd be surprised if we see another 50. The ones that are left after the Judgment will all be in the Kingdom of God before that.

How can you, as a Christian, think we'll still be here in 5 billion years? Just asking.
    How can you, as a Christian, think we'll still be here in 5 billion years? Just asking.
    Whether or not I was a Christian, I don't seriously think we've been here for as long as some claim nor do I consider us able to survive for an extended period of time--- certainly nowhere near the life of the sun.

I do believe the universe is ancient; I just don't think man has been on this planet for the time so claimed.
    Call it more than 6,000 years and less than around 100,000. It's hard to really get a good bead on man's time on the earth, given that we simply don't know how long the man and the woman were in the Garden.

That being said, this thread was aimed at the idea of a legacy.
    Assuming we don't get off the planet and the projection for the sun's final setting is accurate, what will the time of man amount to as far as the atheist considers it?
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 19:29
    "In the next 50 years" is precise? I'll be sure to set my watch, then.

Many in the financial arena feel there will be an economic collapse coming by the end of 2015, at the latest.

I know your mind is set against anything Christian or suggesting that there are "soon-to-be-fulfilled" Christian prophecies, but examine Matthew 24 if you get a chance. T ...[text shortened]... orld's problems. So in this way, things will have to get way worse than they already are first.
    i think 50 years is extremely precise considering their is evidence or way of measuring when it will take place.

im not against all things christian. i think there are lots of good messages in the n.t.

ive looked at matthew 24, there is nothing indicating that it is referring to current times, things can always be found to fit vague predication's. im sure anytime in the past and anytime in the future would have examples to fit the predictions.

there is not one solid,clear prediction to hang your hat on. so why give it a time? is it wishful thinking?

we will probably both be alive in 50years. shall we have a little sporting bet?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 20:031 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 20:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The current speculation regarding the sun's supply of hydrogen expiration is ~5 billion years from 4:37 PM EST on 02.20.2014.

At that time, the sun will swell to red dwarf size and begin swallowing the planets in its immediate vicinity.
    'My very educated mother just served us nachos' doesn't even get past school before we're (literally, figuratively) t ...[text shortened]... is heard from again nevermore.

Will there be a record of our time?
    What will be our legacy?
    If the human race survives the next 100 years in any semblance of today's societal structure I would be amazed. Also I think you mean red giant rather than red dwarf.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 20:19
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Perhaps Duchess64 might consider conducting an exhaustive online search with /"Will Rapture take place before or after Ragnarok?"/ If she do so, let's hope the outcome will appear in the FreakyKBH "Body of Persons Sent on a Mission" thread.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 20:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree