big brother in the sky.

big brother in the sky.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pf

Moves
10 Apr 09

pf

Moves
10 Apr 09

Originally posted by podge fitz
24 hour survelence...listning to your thoughts!! watching your every move!! knows all your sins!!!!!

he is a big perv an you all know it, im sure hes got hes eyes on me now!!!

really?? i mean really really???

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Apr 09

24 hour survelence...listning to your thoughts!! watching your every move!! knows all your sins!!!!!

He is the Creator of all things, He holds all things together by the
power of His Word, He is the giver of life, He supplies us with all we
need, He is the plumb line of Righteousness, the Judge of all
of His Creation, He kills and makes alive, He blesses and shows us
His grace and mercy, His wrath is to be feared.

He sent His only begotten Son to die for our sins.
Jesus took all the wrath of God for our sins upon Himself so that we
could be saved, He deserves the reward of His suffering which is our
coming to God through His Son, so that we may receive God's grace
and mercy and not squander the sacrifice of Christ on our behalf.
Kelly

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Apr 09
2 edits

"Thoughtcrime" and "Christianity" (or "Islam" ) go hand in hand. In Christianity it only requires a thought to be convicted of sin.

j

Moves
10 Apr 09

This matter of God being intimately aware of our every thought has more than one side.

I can assure you that in times of intense anxiety when it is difficult to get from one minute to the next, knowing that God is guarding your heart every second is comforting.

If the only side of this you see is that your sins are exposed, then you have too one sided a view.

When you need low level and detailed healing and comfort, God's intimate knowledge of our lives should be muched welcomed.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Apr 09

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
"Thoughtcrime" and "Christianity" (or "Islam" ) go hand in hand. In Christianity it only requires a thought to be convicted of sin.
Really where do you read that?
Kelly

w

Moves
10 Apr 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
Indeed. I don't know of any Christians that believe this.

s

England

Moves
16 Apr 09

if it were above you the birds would be first there, if it were below you the worms and all who crawl in the earth would be there first,

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20 Apr 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
http://tinyurl.com/cmq9m2
http://www.barnabas.net/barnabasP74.html
http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/15-9.htm

And from this site...

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/faq/whatissin.html

Matthew 15:18

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man."
And so sin is "far" more prevalent than man would like to believe. Because we not only sin in deed, but also in mere thought there is sin.

w

Moves
20 Apr 09
5 edits

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
http://tinyurl.com/cmq9m2
http://www.barnabas.net/barnabasP74.html
http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/15-9.htm

And from this site...

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/faq/whatissin.html

Matthew 15:18

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man."
And so sin is "far" more prevalent than m ...[text shortened]... uld like to believe. Because we not only sin in deed, but also in mere thought there is sin.
We are not told that a simple thought is the root of our sin. AFter all, when Jeusus was tempted in the wilderness Christ was inundated with all kinds of thoughts that were temptations, yet he was without sin. The difference is, those that meditate on those thoughts and secretly desire them to the point that, if tempted, they would jump at the chance to sin is sinful. Notice that in the verse you provided, the heart is mentioned. It is the condition of our hearts that determines what we will do with our thoughts.

Like my pastor used to tell me, you can't stop birds from flying over your head, but that does not mean you must let them build a nest on your head. To be sure, action is proceeded by your thoughts so to monitor those thoughts is key to what kind of actions you are capable. It is merely an act of discipline and self control to monitor ones thoughts. The question you must answer is, is this a wise thing or is it a needless expenditure of energy and will power?

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
20 Apr 09
2 edits

Actually a mere thought can be a sin. Just lusting after a married person is the same as the act of committing adultery according to Jesus.

A lot of the message of the Bible is centered on this idea: Our thoughts and intentions, if not our actions, are much of the time sinful. We, being what we are, cannot help but be sinful; all of us. Therefore the one way to free yourself from this bondage is not to try on your own power to defeat sin, but instead, look to God... because salvation is not possible without His direct action. We just can't do it on our own.

Moves
26 Apr 09

If I actually skip over the thought part and go straight to the sex with my neighbor's wife then what cosmic harm is there in that? I can understand that my neighbor might be upset (and would hope that his wife was not) but in the grand scheme of the universe it just doesn't amount to much. On the other hand if I help propagate an idea of conduct that requires me to separate the people of this world into armed camps and a stream of murder and hatred results then I would (personally) hope some fires were being stoked in anticipation of a payback (tho I rather doubt it.)

Why not start with the understanding that feelings, ideas, and actions have consequences and take direct responsibility for your own. Don't pretend you can escape it or that some unseen force outside of yourself will either absolve you or accept blame. You can babble on about white robes and red suits until you're blue faced but I will still expect you to be responsible.

j

Moves
27 Apr 09
6 edits

Originally posted by TerrierJack
If I actually skip over the thought part and go straight to the sex with my neighbor's wife then what cosmic harm is there in that? I can understand that my neighbor might be upset (and would hope that his wife was not) but in the grand scheme of the universe it just doesn't amount to much. On the other hand if I help propagate an idea of conduct that e robes and red suits until you're blue faced but I will still expect you to be responsible.
=========================================
If I actually skip over the thought part and go straight to the sex with my neighbor's wife then what cosmic harm is there in that? I can understand that my neighbor might be upset (and would hope that his wife was not) but in the grand scheme of the universe it just doesn't amount to much.
=========================================

The marriage bond of trust and intimacy is very delicate and sacred. Adultery is seen as doing violence to that bond.

"Take heed to your spirit, and let no one be treacherous to the wife of his youth. For I hate divorce, says Jehovah the God of Israel; and he who does it behaves in violence, says Jehovah of hosts. Take heed then to your spirit, and do not be treacherous." (Malachi 2:15,16)

God considers the breaking of the marriage bond to be a violent act. The bond of marriage involves the most tender and delicate personal bond of trust. Adultery and divorce wreck violent havoc upon it.

If you think that in the grand scheme no harm is done, put your mother or sister or daughter in the place of that one being so "used" outside of the marriage bond. You would not raise your daughter to be so loose, I hope.

=====================================
On the other hand if I help propagate an idea of conduct that requires me to separate the people of this world into armed camps and a stream of murder and hatred results then I would (personally) hope some fires were being stoked in anticipation of a payback (tho I rather doubt it.)
==========================================

Well, this is a noble thought, that you would not do that.

Unfortunately one of the tendencies of sinners is to appease the concience by doing something ELSE "good" to excuse for the sin commit.

Our conscience will bother us when we sin against God's law. One way sinners deal with this conviction of the conscience is to bribe it. That is to do something else "good" so as to silence the conscience about the sin we commited.

"At least I did this other thing over here. So I am not so bad."

However, our God created conscience is not so easily bribed. Only real forgiveness from God and cleansing of the stain left on our character will bring peace to the conscience. Doing something else good will not help.

====================================
Why not start with the understanding that feelings, ideas, and actions have consequences and take direct responsibility for your own. Don't pretend you can escape it or that some unseen force outside of yourself will either absolve you or accept blame. You can babble on about white robes and red suits until you're blue faced but I will still expect you to be responsible.
=============================================

We all tend to be strict with the other person and easier on ourselves. We are not equal. We are un equal. This is called INIQUITY - not equal.

Think of how easily we excuse ourselves. Think of how harsh we like to come down on others. We are not equal. God however is equal and no respector of persons. And it is to God that ultimately we are responsible.

I am thankful that God has made abundant provision for our sins in the redemption of Christ - the standard of moral perfection.

j

Moves
27 Apr 09

We try to bribe the conscience into silence. We do so after sinning by doing something else good to appease the conviction of the conscience.

This amounts to trying to bribe it. It doesn't work. The conscience knows what it knows what it knows. And if you are wrong before God the conscience will not let you off the hook until you die.

Thank God He has made provision for forgiveness and real peace through the work of Christ. The wound on our character can be healed through the blood of Christ.

Moves
27 Apr 09

jaywill, you're not even making sense. I'm specifically rejecting your juvenile little mind games. I don't care how many pinheaded angels you look for guidance from or how many tail-dragging demons you imagine care about your behavior. Most of us don't care. If you feel guilty about your infidelities then I suggest you take responsibility for your actions and try to make amends to someone who might care. You should just expect that no matter what you might say, in your dealings with me I will hold you personally responsible. If you're happy imagining that spacemen or distant stars influence your behavior I do not care. It does not change the fact that for me you are responsible.