"Bible Verses on Fools"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
And yet above all I should fear him. This merciful being.
It is noted that above all one should deeply respect G-dšŸ˜µ

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Some people die on the Scottish mountains every year because they do not respect the mountain and go ill equipped, if they had a healthy fear of displeasing the mountain gods, this would not be the case. Respect and fear, fear of displeasing ones father as I suspect Jonah Hinds intended, in this instance go hand in hand. Its your perspective on fear that needs looked at.
šŸ˜µ

Infidel

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by black beetle
It is noted that above all one should deeply respect G-dšŸ˜µ
Why?

rc

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by black beetle
šŸ˜µ
there is an energy drink in Scotland dear beetle, 'nae danger' its called šŸ˜µ

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"Bible Verses on Fools" (OP)

"There are Bible verses about fools that help guide us in our daily lives. "Many verses in Proverbs and Psalms tell us how to avoid fools, to choose wisely and to live according to God's will. The foolish make bad decisions and can be easily lead astray. Being a fool doesn't mean you are stupid. In fact, usually a ...[text shortened]... nd hating one another." (bible Verses on fools/godvine)

Your thoughts on these twelve verses?[/b]
I think you left out my favorite - "See a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him." (Proverb 26:12)

And it has special impact when you read the three of for passages before this one.

By the way. Its true too.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Why?
Because the proper translation of the Greek "phobos" / "phovos" in the context of Prov. 1:7, just like the correct translation as regards the original Hebrew word as it is shown earlier at this thread by our vistesd, is "deep rescpect" and/ or "tremulous awe" (check amongst else Babiniotis' "Lexicon tis Neas Hellenikis Glossas", Athens 2005, 2nd Edition, ISBN 960-86190-1-7, p. 1892, entry "phovos" case 1.d as at the phrase "phovos Theou" = awe, respect to the G-d)
šŸ˜µ

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Oct 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
there is an energy drink in Scotland dear beetle, 'nae danger' its called šŸ˜µ
Aye, but still I 'll give it a tryšŸ˜µ

MC

Moves
16 Oct 13