Bible and Unconditional Love

Bible and Unconditional Love

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Jul 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Unless you shun them for 'sin' that isn't sin, in my case I was shunned for not following the rules of the church, which aren't even in the Bible. According to them I was sinning by speaking to the girl before we were married.
I think that is out in left field brother.

E

Moves
01 Aug 17

Shunning is not supposed to be a punishment for an offense, but a continual lifestyle choice. Once the sinning stops so should the shunning.

w

Moves
01 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
But Christian love is nit the same thing as worldly love. Christian love could take rhe form of shunning.
Jesus gave the parable of the Prodigal Son as an example of Godly love.

Notice, the man who was "saved" did not make so much as a peep. He just lay their dying.

E

Moves
01 Aug 17

Originally posted by @whodey
Jesus gave the parable of the Prodigal Son as an example of Godly love.

Notice, the man who was "saved" did not make so much as a peep. He just lay their dying.
You are talking about the prodigal son?

Moves
01 Aug 17

Shunning is not supposed to be a punishment for an offense, but a continual lifestyle choice. Once the sinning stops so should the shunning.
Are you JW?

Moves
01 Aug 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I don't think shunning children is ever an option, it would have to be very bad to even do it to family.
I personally could not shun anyone no matter how bad, (unless it is for the safety of my kids) because I have seen the effect that shunning has on people. Unconditional love is what conquers the sinners heart.

Moves
01 Aug 17
1 edit

From my experience shunning only hardens the shunned. Showing them the love of God even when you make it clear to them that you don't condone their lifestyle is far more effective in my opinion.

Moves
01 Aug 17

If you are going to burn in hell, God's love if it is there sure isn't doing much for you.
Jesus died for us while we were still sinners. The fact that we were sinners didn't mean he loved us less. I love my kids even if they are naughty, that doesn't mean I don't punish them.

F

Moves
01 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Shunning can reveal something bad on either side.
You shun people, and do so clearly because of your pride and out of frustration with dissent. Does it reveal something bad about you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
You shun people, and do so clearly because of your pride and out of frustration with dissent. Does it reveal something bad about you?
But he's not shunning you anymore and now you've probably made back on the list by challenging him. You idiot!

F

Moves
01 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
But he's not shunning you anymore and now you've probably made back on the list by challenging him. You idiot!
After KellyJay's recent decision to start replying to my posts again, my struggle with him has now become one that is on behalf of others.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 17

I personally could not shun anyone no matter how bad, (unless it is for the safety of my kids) because I have seen the effect that shunning has on people. Unconditional love is what conquers the sinners heart.
Never say never.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Aug 17
2 edits

1 Corinthians 5 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.
3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.

The point of shunning isn't to cut off but to save the person, if you notice Paul say to even
turn this person over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be
saved in the day of the Lord. This always about bringing people back to God's saving
grace, least they end up dying in their sins, not brow beat them into submission.

w

Moves
01 Aug 17

You are talking about the prodigal son?
No, Jesus talked about the Prodigal Son when he was preaching about loving your neighbor. Someone asked him, "Well, who is my neighbor?"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Aug 17

A bunch of comedians in this thread 😀