Belief systems

Belief systems

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
No. Hawaii in the winter suits me.

As mentioned in the op I have suffered . Also I have been confused on many issues for much of my life.
Clearly you dont get it. This belief system , which I live, is not a convenient or easy choice to live by. Everyday feels scary, everyday I'm on my toes looking for ways to improve my life via good works. Everyday I seek to be worthy of the Lord
Hawaii is great, try Guam its outstanding too, it used to be cheaper, but a wonderful place.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Jun 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Why don't you ask him about it?

The only problem is that this doesn't work if your heart is false.
No problem . My heart is true

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Jun 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Your way confuses me over Jesus, the Way. God tells us we are not worthy, cannot get
worthy on top of that, so He makes us worthy, and gives us His Spirit to lead us, teach
us, love us, and guide us. If the way is too high for us, our burdens to heavy for us, this
world to dark for us, why be upset if you cannot reach it on your own, and God offers you ...[text shortened]... fer is so good when we try to add to it
we diminish it by suggesting Jesus' blood isn't enough.
The Lord tells me we are worthy. I cant read the rest of your post after that opening

Jesus' never emphasized shedding of blood. What's wrong with you so- called Christians? Most of you are a sorry lot who always see the glass as half empty,not half full

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Jun 18

Hawaii is great, try Guam its outstanding too, it used to be cheaper, but a wonderful place.
Sheesh.
It was just a figure of speech

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jun 18

As Rajk alluded to in another thread , good works are done in secret, similarly belief systems are constructed .
It is not evident to many except for those who know what to look for.
I think many on this forum dont have the same level of assurance that I have.
If your “Good works” are “done in secret” then who are they “self evident” to anyone observing your life?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
If your “Good works” are “done in secret” then who are they “self evident” to anyone observing your life?
Put it another way: I do good works to improve my life , not to show off. Others observing may learn from my example ... or not

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jun 18

Sheesh.
It was just a figure of speech
So you're a liar, yet you claim your heart is true.

Uh-huh...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jun 18
1 edit

Uh-huh...
Yep my heart is true. In all my glory

You choose to obfuscate based on my personality .

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jun 18

Uh-huh...
Where's the lie? Please educate me and the forum

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jun 18

The Lord tells me we are worthy. I cant read the rest of your post after that opening

Jesus' never emphasized shedding of blood. What's wrong with you so- called Christians? Most of you are a sorry lot who always see the glass as half empty,not half full
You are not worthy, I'm not either, and neither of us ever were or will be on our own!
God knew that, knew we couldn't change that, so He changed it.
Scripture emphasized the shedding of blood, Jesus became the offering, even all of the
OT rules about that sacrifice were mirrored in Jesus dying on the cross. The whole of the
Bible points towards the shedding of blood for the forgiveness of sin. As the whole of the
OT and NT point to Jesus Christ.

I see this as the greatest thing ever, God makes us clean and He did all of the work so we
could not screw it up. He is our salvation, He is the Way it just doesn't get better than that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jun 18
1 edit

Where's the lie? Please educate me and the forum
Have you been to Hawaii? In the winter?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jun 18

You are not worthy, I'm not either, and neither of us ever were or will be on our own!
God knew that, knew we couldn't change that, so He changed it.
Scripture emphasized the shedding of blood, Jesus became the offering, even all of the
OT rules about that sacrifice were mirrored in Jesus dying on the cross. The whole of the
Bible points towards the sh ...[text shortened]...
could not screw it up. He is our salvation, He is the Way it just doesn't get better than that.
No probs.
I'll stick with what works for me.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jun 18

Have you been to Hawaii? In the winter?
It was a figure of speech

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jun 18
1 edit

It was a figure of speech
So you lied.

And, by the way, where is this an actual "figure of speech"? I've never heard anyone say that as a "figure of speech". This sounds suspiciously like those people who say, "Just kidding," when caught in a lie. Don't you just mean that it was a lie?

Do people whose heart is true habitually lie?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jun 18

No probs.
I'll stick with what works for me.
Not sure what it is doing that works for you, but okay.