Attrocities of 'Christianity', history of the Churches

Attrocities of 'Christianity', history of the Churches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have never really desired to go to America, Canada yes, but not America, except maybe to see the South. Georgia, Louisiana and Texas. Race is a huge issue, you cannot deny it.
Race is a huge issue for ignorant human beings anywhere not just the US

Manny

rc

Moves
04 May 11

Originally posted by menace71
Race is a huge issue for ignorant human beings anywhere not just the US

Manny
yes indeed but it hardly diminishes the facts either.

T

Moves
04 May 11

I have never really desired to go to America, Canada yes, but not America, except maybe to see the South. Georgia, Louisiana and Texas. Race is a huge issue, you cannot deny it.
Why do you want to see the South? If you have an aversion to racism, that's an area to avoid.

rc

Moves
04 May 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Why do you want to see the South? If you have an aversion to racism, that's an area to avoid.
I want to see the south because its meant to be beautiful, i picture myself on a
Mississippi river boat chuggling on down to New Orleans, playing chess and drawing
French foils with any man that might slight the character! Ladies with bonnets and
flowing frocks, an calling people sir and mam, awesome! It all started after i read
Huckleberry Finn. I even built a raft and nearly drowned on a river near my home.
Had a secret Island and everything.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 May 11

they have voices, they could have openly acknowledged the atrocities, can you find
one reference from those Christians that have done so, no neither can I, all they have
done is either evade it or try to justify it. Your holocaust reference therefore makes
absolutely no sense, for these are crimes are not against a particular people, but
hum ...[text shortened]... as a whole, whether they are American, German or any other nationality are guilty of
atrocity.
You've missed my point, i'll try better to explain.

You seemed to be insinuating that all American Christians are 'guilty by association' as they 'inherited the legacy' of the atrocities you mentioned unless you actually hear/read them condemning these acts. If we take this same logic and apply it to Germany today it would therefore follow that you think all Germans are 'guilty by association' as they 'inherited the legacy' of their forefathers, until you actually hear/read them condemn the atrocities.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 May 11

I want to see the south because its meant to be beautiful, i picture myself on a
Mississippi river boat chuggling on down to New Orleans, playing chess and drawing
French foils with any man that might slight the character! Ladies with bonnets and
flowing frocks, an calling people sir and mam, awesome! It all started after i read
Huckleberry ...[text shortened]... built a raft and nearly drowned on a river near my home.
Do you still contend Manny is a racist, or would you like to retract that allegation?

T

Moves
04 May 11
1 edit

Huckleberry ...[text shortened]... built a raft and nearly drowned on a river near my home.
Knowing that, maybe you should go. Anything that might help nudge you toward reality can only help.

rc

Moves
04 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Do you still contend Manny is a racist, or would you like to retract that allegation?
I retract that allegation and all future allegations as well 🙂

rc

Moves
04 May 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Knowing that, maybe you should go. Anything that might help nudge you toward reality can only help.
wow rich or what!

rc

Moves
04 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You've missed my point, i'll try better to explain.

You seemed to be insinuating that all American Christians are 'guilty by association' as they 'inherited the legacy' of the atrocities you mentioned unless you actually hear/read them condemning these acts. If we take this same logic and apply it to Germany today it would therefore follow that you th ...[text shortened]... egacy' of their forefathers, until you actually hear/read them condemn the atrocities.
no not all Germans did, not all were Nazis were they? But all were Christians!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 May 11

no not all Germans did, not all were Nazis were they? But all were Christians!
Can you really be considered a Christian if you're involved in the killing of innocent civilians though?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 May 11

coming from a supporter of the catholic church, an organisation that is responsible for
the death of literally millions of innocents, not to mention emotionally scarring for life
innocent children at the hands of paedophile priests, i dont think you have a leg to
stand upon. By their fruits you will recognise those men, and the fruit-age of
Catholicism is there for all to see.
coming from a supporter of the catholic church, an organisation that is responsible for the death of literally millions of innocents, not to mention emotionally scarring for life innocent children at the hands of paedophile priests, i dont think you have a leg to
stand upon. By their fruits you will recognise those men, and the fruit-age of Catholicism is there for all to see.

Well, I personally believe the Catholic Church does a great deal of good in society. I say the same of Anglicans too. The point here is not in comparing one religion to another and deciding which is the best. That is your fetish. The point is just that you can hardly call your religion morally perfect. I am just not interested in arbitrating a moral contest between religions.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 May 11

can i ask you if its not too personal, if it is pm me, but how do you reconcile these
atrocities with your Christian faith, for to be sure they were perpetrated by Christians
against innocent people. I may also like to say that it has been a life ambition to meet
a native American, ever since i was a kid i watched grizzly Adams and i would lov ...[text shortened]... ctive. They have even some publications
in the language. Maybe the G-man would know better.
I do not reconcile these atrocities with my faith. The fact that these were perpetrated by people who call themselves Christian is fairly coincidental. I do not know if Chivington repented these sins before his death, but if he did not, then he's getting a surprise come Judgment Day. There are people who commit heinous sins in every religion. You cannot throw the baby out with the bathwater.

As to your Native American fantasy, it's clearly that. Most Native Americans today have no clue what a paradise this country was before the white man came. Sure, there are the stories handed down, but these have no relevance to today's Native American youth. Alcoholism, diabetes and poverty are rampant in the Native American population, especially on the reservations. In boys, anger management issues are common, landing many in jail for the first time by age 16. Just as common in the girls is pregnancy, with many having multiple children before age 20. It's not pretty, and I haven't seen a good story on the problem anywhere in the media for at least the last 10 years.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 11

sides?, sides?, what are you talking about, how dare you try to justify what went on
there and to diminish it as if it were an ordinary thing, genocide is genocide regardless
of who perpetrates it. I want to remove myself as far away from the churches of
Christendom as you can imagine. Forgiveness is there for those who were involved, it
hardly diminishes the atrocity as you are now trying to claim.
I am saying you have more in common with the accuser of Church than you
do the Redeemer of it with this thread. Nowhere did I justify genocide, what I
pointed out to you was that even genocide is no excuse to avoid giving those
that did the crime mercy and grace. Those people are offering grace and love
to those that killed their family members, they take food and clothes to those
in prison who were convicted of killing their family members. Those people
are going to stand in judgment of people like you who fill themselves with
self-righteousness and instead of offering grace offer condemnation to others
when you also have sins you need forgiven for.
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
05 May 11
1 edit

Now lets talk about atrocities committed by the Scots and see if Robbie can distance himself from them too.