Attrocities of 'Christianity', history of the Churches

Attrocities of 'Christianity', history of the Churches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Behe is da man! hes Noobsters hero, dont you know!
Behe is a Roman Catholic evolutionist, why you keep wheeling him out every now and again as some sort of vague defence for your views puzzles me every time.

He's an evolutionist who accepts common descent. You do not!!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Are you not aware of the hundreds of societies from all over the planet that have stories that are all describing some type of catastrophic fllood in their forfathers past? Way too many and coincidental for it not to have happened and that would lend to the flood actually happening and of the arks existance.
We've discussed this before and there was much evidence to prove that. That info is found on the easily internet.
You produced no evidence for a global flood. I set you a challenge to explain why there is no record of the flood in ice core samples. You failed miserably.

rc

Moves
14 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Behe is a Roman Catholic evolutionist, why you keep wheeling him out every now and again as some sort of vague defence for your views puzzles me every time.

He's an evolutionist who accepts common descent. You do not!!
see i told Agers , hes your hero!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 May 11

see i told Agers , hes your hero!
Why do you keep wheeling out someone who doesn't even support your views?

rc

Moves
14 May 11

You produced no evidence for a global flood. I set you a challenge to explain why there is no record of the flood in ice core samples. You failed miserably.
umm what type of evidence would you like? water? LOL, frozen?

rc

Moves
14 May 11

Why do you keep wheeling out someone who doesn't even support your views?
his views have not always been in support of the hypothesis, he introduced irreducible complexity which as far as I am aware, has not been refuted.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 May 11

umm what type of evidence would you like? water? LOL, frozen?
Have you ever seen a house that has been flooded?

rc

Moves
14 May 11

Have you ever seen a house that has been flooded?
not up close, although i can imagine there would be mud and sediment. why?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 May 11

his views have not always been in support of the hypothesis, he introduced irreducible complexity which as far as I am aware, has not been refuted.
Irreducible complexity not been refuted?? What planet are you on.

Part of the judges summing up from the Dover court case

"Professor Behe has applied the concept of irreducible complexity to only a few select systems: (1) the bacterial flagellum; (2) the blood-clotting cascade; and (3) the immune system. Contrary to Professor Behe’s assertions with respect to these few biochemical systems among the myriad existing in nature, however, Dr. Miller presented evidence, based upon peer-reviewed studies, that they are not, in fact, irreducibly complex.

As i said before, you're absolutely clueless.

rc

Moves
14 May 11

"Professor Behe has applied the concept of irreducible complexity to only a few select systems: (1) the bacterial flagellum; (2) the blood-clotting cascade; and (3) the immune system. Contrary to Professor Behe’s assertio ...[text shortened]... re not, in fact, irreducibly complex.

its simply a matter of opinion, if you had of course read Behes own blog, you would know that he has addressed these very issues, but that of course doesn't make you clueless as you like to try to term others, does it, simply ill informed.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 May 11
1 edit

not up close, although i can imagine there would be mud and sediment. why?
I have seen a flooded house up close, not mine or anyone i knew but a neighour of a friend. You are correct it was full of mud, crap and sediment.

74,000yrs ago the last super volcano erupted on earth, Mt Toba in Indonesia. Ash from that eruption has been found in ice core samples. You would think that if there was a global flood there would be some mud and sediment to be found in ice core samples from 4,000yrs ago or so.

There is none, why is there none? Because the flood is a story.

rc

Moves
14 May 11

I have seen a flooded house up close, not mine or anyone i knew but a neighour of a friend. You are correct it was full of mud, crap and sediment.

74,000yrs ago the last super volcano erupted on earth, Mt Toba in Indonesia. Ash from that eruption has been found in ice core samples. You would think that if there was a global flood there would be some m ...[text shortened]... les from 4,000yrs ago or so.

There is none, why is there none? Because the flood is a story.
Lol compelling , utterly compelling 🙂

rc

Moves
14 May 11

"Professor Behe has applied the concept of irreducible complexity to only a few select systems: (1) the bacterial flagellum; (2) the blood-clotting cascade; and (3) the immune system. Contrary to Professor Behe’s assertio ...[text shortened]... re not, in fact, irreducibly complex.

http://behe.uncommondescent.com/

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 May 11

Lol compelling , utterly compelling 🙂
Rob i have no desire to debate the flood with you, for me it would akin to debating James and the Giant Peach, it's a just story.

I think it was Badwater who once said on this forum the story of the flood 'was an insult to his intelligence'. That sums it up.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 May 11

http://behe.uncommondescent.com/
And here's Jerry Coyne's blog, he likes going over Behe's work -

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/an-experimental-evolutionist-replies-to-behe/