Attrocities of 'Christianity', history of the Churches

Attrocities of 'Christianity', history of the Churches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"...did not James state that if one says they have faith, but they do
not have works then that faith cannot save them?"

True. Faith without works is dead.

This is my dilemma in explaining my position concerning salvation. We have salvation by grace through faith and not of works on the one hand, and on the other the idea that faith without wo ...[text shortened]... vation by some kind of work.

Salvation requires no work on our part. Only faith in Christ.[/b]
so how are you going to explain your dilemma?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Again you've clearly demonstrated beyond doubt to the forum you have no intention of learning.
Look who's talking!

I could teach you a thing or two, but you have an unteachable spirit. That is not an accusation so don't get on the defencive.

You would rather have faith in a washed out theory than believe in the fact that all that exists has existed as it exists since the beginning of it's existence.

Evolution is dead. Learn that!

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so how are you going to explain your dilemma?
Can't. 😉

rc

Moves
12 May 11

Can't. 😉
well that's honest 😛

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 May 11

well that's honest 😛
I'm lying. 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 11

Look who's talking!

I could teach you a thing or two, but you have an unteachable spirit. That is not an accusation so don't get on the defencive.

You would rather have faith in a washed out theory than believe in the fact that all that exists has existed as it exists since the beginning of it's existence.

Evolution is dead. Learn that!
Joseph give over with this utter crap for goodness sake.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 11

wut? i asked loads of questions and was told to go and see a proff, or do some
research, so be it, i will research the intelligence behind the superlative design of the
feather, it will at least enhance my view of the creator.
wut? Remember this -

If you are genuinely interested in 'how the feather developed stealth capabilities', maybe it would be wise to pose the question to a different website. After all, there are no evolutionary biologists here.

Green Boots Cave

Moves
12 May 11

why would a reptile have feathers? i thought they were cold bloodied and relied upon
the environment for warmth? whereas birds are certainly warm bloodied creatures.
Sooo many things the poor evolutionist must contend with, get out the candles, offer
up the incense, recite incantations and declare your science a religion! its the only
way to free yourselves from pure conjecture and dogma.
Why not try asking this question in the science forum? I noticed that you were ready to ask there about relativity so why not evolution?

rc

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by biffo konker
Why not try asking this question in the science forum? I noticed that you were ready to ask there about relativity so why not evolution?
I have asked questions there before on some subjects, for example i asked why we
age, why under the perfect conditions can cellular regeneration not perpetuate itself, it
was interesting. I asked about general relativity as i watched a documentary on it and
was intrigued, but I do not hold that Darwinian evolution is scientific (controversial I
know), so this is the place to discuss it.

rc

Moves
12 May 11
1 edit

wut? Remember this -

If you are genuinely interested in 'how the feather developed stealth capabilities', maybe it would be wise to pose the question to a different website. After all, there are no evolutionary biologists here.
you know that i dont hold the hypothesis to be scientific, therefore spirituality is where
it should reside. Its religious as far as i am concerned.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 11

you know that i dont hold the hypothesis to be scientific, therefore spirituality is where
it should reside. Its religious as far as i am concerned.
You don't hold the hypothesis to be scientific even though you've never bothered to look at the evidence for the said hypothesis. 😕

Like i said, if you're genuinely interested in finding out the answer to your question, which i don't believe you are, you're going to have to look elsewhere.

AH

Moves
12 May 11
2 edits

i am uninterested in discussing anything until this matter, for which you have not
provided even the measliest of explanations as to how it could have possibly
developed, yet you had the audacity to claim that science has proven many great
things. It is to laugh. I tell you what, ill give you a concession, lets start with the
feather, how did the feather develop? In simple and clear terms if you please.
“...In simple and clear terms if you please. ...”

Don't you read any of my posts?
I have already repeatedly answered your question; the answer is the same for all advantageous inheritable characteristics (and not just feathers) ; “evolution”.
What part of the word “evolution” do you not understand? Or do you deny that I have repeatedly given this answer?
How is the word “evolution” not “simple”?
If you want a more elaborate answer then just look up evolution and come back to me.

I have also given you the website that CLEARLY states what the evidence is for macroevolution -do you deny that? Evolution is a proven fact and I have given you the evidence.

rc

Moves
12 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“...In simple and clear terms if you please. ...”

Don't you read any of my posts?
I have already repeatedly answered your question; the answer is the same for all advantageous inheritable characteristics (and not just feathers) ; “evolution”.
What part of the word “evolution” do you not understand? Or do you deny that I have repeatedly given th ...[text shortened]... macroevolution -do you deny that? Evolution is a proven fact and I have given you the evidence.
no that does not explain anything, you have provided nothing but a gross generalisation. yes i deny it a proven fact, indeed, i find it a religious stance, all you were asked to provide was a simple explanation, you could not even do that.

rc

Moves
12 May 11

You don't hold the hypothesis to be scientific even though you've never bothered to look at the evidence for the said hypothesis. 😕

Like i said, if you're genuinely interested in finding out the answer to your question, which i don't believe you are, you're going to have to look elsewhere.
i have read excerpts from the Darwins book.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Hi. just wondering what you mean by being "born again"? Thanks.
Being born again is exactly that, being born by the Spirit of God, what do you
think it means?
Kelly