Atheists Haven (Not heaven).

Atheists Haven (Not heaven).

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 May 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Actually I find this sort of back-and-forth refreshing and humorous.

I know GF doesn't but he never could take a joke.
By all means ignore my response and write it off as an inability to take 'a joke' and
go and make exactly the same mistake next time.

This is why you will never learn.

rc

Moves
18 May 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
By all means ignore my response and write it off as an inability to take 'a joke' and

Hey googly woogly, waz up?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Gee its only a matter of time before you spangles start praising the God of science, offering up incense to an effigy of Darwin and start quoting from your Holy book, - The God delusion.
If that helps dispel the scourge of religion, I'm all for it. What do you suggest as material for the Darwin effigy?

rc

Moves
18 May 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
If that helps dispel the scourge of religion, I'm all for it. What do you suggest as material for the Darwin effigy?
it only helps perpetuate the empty deception that is atheism. Devoid of reason, lacking of substance and to all intents and purposes a vast region of tundra with Arctic hares and foxes running over it.

Moves
18 May 15

it only helps perpetuate the empty deception that is atheism. Devoid of reason, lacking of substance and to all intents and purposes a vast region of tundra with Arctic hares and foxes running over it.
You really need to stop looking in the mirror when writing these posts.

Your descriptions of your own position are creepily accurate.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 May 15

And what's your excuse?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 May 15

I would state that atheism is not devoid of reason, but rather it depends on reason too much.

It's a case of Man using his gift of reason to blaspheme his creator. It's Man convincing himself that he's right and that he alone will solve this world's problems and usher in a golden age with no nagging "God" looking over his shoulder, putting him down for not believing in Him. That is, if he doesn't become extinct first. He's also doing everything he can to make that happen. Vanity out of nihilism.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The only wine worth drinking. (Okay, Malbec is pretty good too).

You tambourine folk have your manna; atheists have their Rioja.
Tambourine folk? Manna? Oh, please! 🙂

rc

Moves
18 May 15
1 edit

You really need to stop looking in the mirror when writing these posts.

Your descriptions of your own position are creepily accurate.
Its all a room full of mirrors googles. 😀

rc

Moves
18 May 15

I would state that atheism is not devoid of reason, but rather it depends on reason too much.

It's a case of Man using his gift of reason to blaspheme his creator. It's Man convincing himself that he's right and that he alone will solve this world's problems and usher in a golden age with no nagging "God" looking over his shoulder, putting him down for ...[text shortened]... extinct first. He's also doing everything he can to make that happen. Vanity out of nihilism.
hmm an unusually thoughtful post by you.

Moves
18 May 15

And what's [b]your excuse?[/b]
Well given that you are not generally accusing me of not understanding your position,
just not agreeing with it, I don't think I need an 'excuse'.

You keep making statements that clearly show that you do not comprehend or accept
what my position/beliefs is/are.

I take the time to explain where your going wrong, and then you make the exact same
mistake again 5 minutes later.

I'm not asking you to agree with my position, just to understand what it is.

I however do pay attention to what you say your position is, and I accept what you say about
your position at face value.

Thus I do not need an excuse for why I don't understand your position.

You do.

Moves
18 May 15

It's a case of Man using his gift of reason to blaspheme his creator. It's Man convincing himself that he's right and that he alone will solve this world's problems and usher in a golden age with no nagging "God" looking over his shoulder, putting him down for ...[text shortened]... extinct first. He's also doing everything he can to make that happen. Vanity out of nihilism.
Case in point.

You still don't get it, you do not understand us, and you are projecting your beliefs onto us.

Very few of us are nihilists, nor are we acting out of vanity.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 May 15

Devoid of reason, lacking of substance and to all intents and purposes a vast region of tundra with Arctic hares and foxes running over it.[/b]
Think you posted this in the wrong forum there Robbie. Sounds more like a description of your football team.

rc

Moves
18 May 15

Think you posted this in the wrong forum there Robbie. Sounds more like a description of your football team.
Boro have good Karma - Karma will see justice is done 😀

rain

Moves
18 May 15

Difficult to post anything in the other spirituality threads at the moment. A lot of full gusto arguments are under way, making it tricky to interject with any insightful and ever so slightly sarcastic observations.

Have therefore created this atheistic refuge of reason and common sense where we can retreat to when we've had our fill of extreme ...[text shortened]... k are welcome here; but in the same way that you might invite the geeky neighbour to your party.
Hey. How can you yourself a decent atheist? I came to this party expecting crack, whores, crackwhores, and Piñatas full of smack.

Don't you know atheists can't be decent people?