Atheism or Islam - Which is Worse

Atheism or Islam - Which is Worse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
04 May 07

I know the typical right wing Christian hates anyone who's not Christian or Jewish, but which do you hate more - atheists or Muslims?

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I know the typical right wing Christian hates anyone who's not Christian or Jewish, but which do you hate more - atheists or Muslims?
You should add Catholics to the list.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
05 May 07

I'm not speaking my opinion, but I'm guessing Christians probably disklike atheists more. After all, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are all monotheistic religions that trace back to Abraham, but atheism has no common ground with Christianity. I personally have neutral feelings; I respect their opinions equally.

a

Moves
05 May 07

I think the true Christian should hate nobody.

E

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

that is very far from the truth
edit: islams are worse though

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
that is very far from the truth
edit: islams are worse though
What are islams?

a

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
What are islams?
🙂

E

Moves
05 May 07

What are islams?
muslims 😕

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
05 May 07

You should add Catholics to the list.
To the haters or the hated?

a

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
muslims 😕
thank you , now I know how you feel about me anyway!!!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

I hate no one, except Satan. But I hate the way you stereotype! 😕

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by reader1107
To the haters or the hated?
It could probably go on both lists, but I meant the hated. Some Christian fundamentalists seem to hate Catholics more than any non-Christians.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by wittywonka
I'm not speaking my opinion, but I'm guessing Christians probably disklike atheists more. After all, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are all monotheistic religions that trace back to Abraham, but atheism has no common ground with Christianity. I personally have neutral feelings; I respect their opinions equally.
In other words you don't really know! Christianity is only 2000 years old. Islam has it's root in Ishmael, the illegitimate son, whereas Judaism traces it's roots back to Isaac the son of promise.

And don't ask me to prove it. Just go back and read about it in genesis for yourself. Also take a look at Galatians 4:22,23 and Romans 9:7,8

🙂

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by wittywonka
People often hate in others what they hate in themselves, or what they don't want to see in themselves. Also, other theistic religions (including other brands of Christianity) may be seen as more of a threat to their own religion, because the kind of people they might be able to recruit - people who feel drawn to theism - aren't likely to end up as atheists, but they might be recruited by other theistic religions.

w

Moves
05 May 07

I think you need to explain what you mean in terms of hate. Does one actually hate the people who espouse atheism etc or do they hate the percieved lies behind such theology? Because one challenges a line of reasoning in no way means that that person hates the other. In fact, I would argue that not caring about what other people think is more along the lines of hating the other more than trying to get them to see the light, so to speak. I suppose if one were to become abusive and begin name calling one could assume that one may actually hate the other, however, I do not see much of this on RHP. I think most conversations here are civil for the most part. What say you?