"At greater cost than humanly imaginable"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
But because you’re a prideful, stubborn billy goat, you refuse to admit that and, as a natural consequence, that your initial position was wrong.
Thank you for your contribution.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
I am not "wrong" about what I say I can imagine.
Then say it: You can imagine what it’s like to be God and you can imagine what Heaven is like.

Why can’t you say those words?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
Thank you for your contribution.
Happy to have enlightened you

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Then say it: You can imagine what it’s like to be God and you can imagine what Heaven is like.

Why can’t you say those words?
Maybe your human imagination is different from my human imagination, that's all. I have no problem imagining the God figure you describe nor imagining what it's like to be him ~ as well as what "Heaven" might be like.

You are simply preoccupied with anthropomorphizing your God figure and making hyperbolic statements about supposedly terrible things that correspond to your own human emotions.

Meanwhile, I get that this deity is supposedly indestructible, omnipresent, and omniscient and that he knew how this execution of Jesus would all turn out and would supposedly be achieved by it.

It's not even anywhere nearly as awful as imagining sending a child off to war and finding that he or she died a long-drawn-out gruesome death and is now buried in the ground. I can imagine that without any difficulty. The "cost" you're on about is easier to imagine.

None of this is beyond my imagination at all. You insisting that it is, is rhetoric that doesn't work on me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
Maybe your human imagination is different from my human imagination, that's all. I have no problem imagining the God figure you describe nor imagining what it's like to be him ~ as well as what "Heaven" might be like.

You are simply preoccupied with anthropomorphizing your God figure and making hyperbolic statements about supposedly terrible things that correspond to your own ...[text shortened]... this is beyond my imagination at all. You insisting that it is, is rhetoric that doesn't work on me.
Your (apparent) belief that you can imagine what it’s like to be God and that you can imagine what Heaven is like is ridiculous and (imo) simply a way to avoid admitting you were mistaken.

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Your (apparent) belief that you can imagine what it’s like to be God and that you can imagine what Heaven is like is ridiculous and (imo) simply a way to avoid admitting you were mistaken.
"Eternal life is a gift and it's free, but at greater cost than humanly imaginable."

I don't see any "cost" in your narrative that is not humanly imaginable. If you do, then that is a matter for you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
"Eternal life is a gift and it's free, but at greater cost than humanly imaginable."

I don't see any "cost" in your narrative that is not humanly imaginable. If you do, then that is a matter for you.
Like I said previously, you would have to know what it’s like to be God and know what Heaven is like to imagine the cost.

You think you know what it’s like to be God and you think you know what Heaven is like.

I don’t think you do.

I think we’re at a crossroads and I don’t see any point in continuing.

If you do, feel free to carry on without me.

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Like I said previously, you would have to know what it’s like to be God and know what Heaven is like to imagine the cost.You think you know what it’s like to be God and you think you know what Heaven is like.I don’t think you do.
Maybe your human imagination [and josephw's] is different from my human imagination, that's all.

Whether what I imagine is different from what you imagine [or what you can and cannot imagine], is neither here nor there.

You bleating 'You are wrong! You are wrong!' or 'You don't know! You don't know!' makes no difference.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
Maybe your human imagination [and josephw's] is different from my human imagination, that's all.

Whether what I imagine is different from what you imagine [or what you can and cannot imagine], is neither here nor there.

You bleating 'You are wrong! You are wrong!' or 'You don't know! You don't know!' makes no difference.
At what point was I bleating “You are wrong!” and/or “You don’t know!”

Is this another of your effortless lies?

Let’s call it like it was: You put forward an OP and staked out a position that was rapidly dismantled by ‘ol PB, who has rapidly become a forum favorite, and now you’re embarrassed and angry and pool whizzing.

If only that Roman guy were here to witness this!

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
At what point was I bleating “You are wrong!” and/or “You don’t know!”
It has been the central thrust, such that it is, of almost all your posts and you have used the words "wrong" and "know" [as in, I supposedly cannot "know" blah blah] on numerous occasions in your posts.

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Let’s call it like it was: You put forward an OP and staked out a position that was rapidly dismantled by ‘ol PB
The OP asks the question: How is [the "free gift"] "at greater cost than humanly imaginable"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
It has been the central thrust, such that it is, of almost all your posts and you have used the words "wrong" and "know" [as in, I supposedly cannot "know" blah blah] on numerous occasions in your posts.
Well since the OP deals with what is imaginable, obviously knowledge (knowing) plays into that.

But, as I said, previously:

You think you know what it’s like to be God and know what Heaven is like, which are essential prerequisites to imagining the cost God voluntarily paid to save humanity.

I don’t think anyone knows or can imagine what it’s like to be God or what Heaven is like.

There’s really no point in continuing when you’re clinging to such an absurd position.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
The OP asks the question: How is [the "free gift"] "at greater cost than humanly imaginable"?
Right. And you took the position it was humanly imaginable.

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I don’t think anyone knows or can imagine what it’s like to be God or what Heaven is like.
God was still up there in "Heaven" surely? And he knew what was going to happen, right? He knew that his "son" wasn't really going to be dead for long. This narrative doesn't sound unimaginable at all. Given God's supposed indestructibility and omniscience, and the fact that it was simply a plan that was foreseen, I don't see how there is an unimaginable "cost" at all. Far from it. There's is nothing "absurd" about saying so.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
God was still up there in "Heaven" surely? And he knew what was going to happen, right? He knew that his "son" wasn't really going to be dead for long. This narrative doesn't sound unimaginable at all. Given God's supposed indestructibility and omniscience, and the fact that it was simply a plan that was foreseen, I don't see how there is an unimaginable "cost" at all. Far from it. There's is nothing "absurd" about saying so.
You obviously don’t think Jesus Christ was/is God, won’t acknowledge that you don’t know what Heaven is like and therefore don’t know (and can’t imagine) what Jesus gave up to voluntarily come to earth to sacrifice Himself for humanity, and don’t know the level of love it took to do that for creatures so far beneath Him.

And unless you’ve been whipped by a Roman flagellum to within an inch of your life and then had your hands and feet nailed to a cross, I don’t think you can imagine the pain associated with that.

I don’t see any point in continuing. Maybe somebody else will join the discussion.