Are you dumb enough?

Are you dumb enough?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Jun 22

@josephw said
Crossan doesn't believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It's a clear indication he's headed for judgment.
"Judgment" meaning... he will be burned in flames for eternity?

Moves
08 Jun 22

@josephw said
Twisted
Non sequitur

Moves
08 Jun 22

@fmf said
If you want to know READ THE BIBLE!!!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jun 22

@divegeester said
If you want to know READ THE BIBLE!!!
Better yet, if you want to know BELIEVE THE BIBLE.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jun 22

@fmf said
"Judgment" meaning that everyone that rejected and disbelieved, that Jesus literally and bodily rose from the grave after shedding his blood and paying the price for their redemption, just as the scriptures teach, will give an account for their sin and pay the price themselves, and subsequently bear the eternal wrath of God forever. Just as the scriptures teach.

F

Moves
08 Jun 22

@josephw said
"Judgment" meaning that everyone that rejected and disbelieved, that Jesus literally and bodily rose from the grave after shedding his blood and paying the price for their redemption, just as the scriptures teach, will give an account for their sin and pay the price themselves, and subsequently bear the eternal wrath of God forever. Just as the scriptures teach.
...pay the price themselves, and subsequently bear the eternal wrath of God forever...

You mean burned in flames for eternity?

Moves
08 Jun 22

@josephw said
According to you, will non Christians be burnt alive for eternity after judgment?

Moves
08 Jun 22

@fmf said
...pay the price themselves, and subsequently bear the eternal wrath of God forever...

You mean burned in flames for eternity?
Snap.

Let’s see what we get!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jun 22

@divegeester said
Snap.

Let’s see what we get!
You'll get what God decides is just.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
08 Jun 22

@fmf said
So, you think the Garden of Eden story might NOT be an allegory?
That is correct

Moves
08 Jun 22

@josephw said
You'll get what God decides is just.
As I though… runs away from a straight answer as usual.

Moves
09 Jun 22

@mchill said
That is correct
Seeing as how you are at best 50/50 on wether the garden of Eden account is allegorical or not, it begs the question… does it matter then?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jun 22

@divegeester said
“My point, once again, is not that those ancient people told literal stories and we are now smart enough to take them symbolically, but that they told them symbolically and we are now dumb enough to take them literally.”

John Dominic Crossan
Your doctrine fits in nicely with the godless.

Moves
09 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Your doctrine fits in nicely with the godless.
Thanks for writing that, even as blatantly incorrect as it is. But I get it, you’re irritated.

Do you have anything to say in regard to a rebuttal to the quotation in my OP?

Moves
09 Jun 22
2 edits

@divegeester said
“My point, once again, is not that those ancient people told literal stories and we are now smart enough to take them symbolically, but that they told them symbolically and we are now dumb enough to take them literally.”

John Dominic Crossan
A guy who repeats a point is essentially a bully. (Even leaving aside the overweening haughtiness of the name.)

Dumb enough to reply to you? Yeah, I guess so.