Are there Bahai's here?

Are there Bahai's here?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
12 Mar 09

Originally posted by TheSkipper
I don't really care that you believe this. I think it's silly, but you are free to think what you want as far as I'm concerned. The only thing I care about is whether or not you want the US to enact legislation that reflect these beliefs. We (in the US, not sure where your from) live in a free society, so I must ask you to be in the unenviable position ...[text shortened]... upport for people to engage in it. If you can do that, you are one of my favorite Americans.
Are you admitting that you are, in fact, deep-throat? I thought DT stated his mia culpa just before he died, no? Sorry, I must say no to your suggestion that I support homosexuality. That said, I do not want the gov't telling consenting adults what they should/should not be doing behind closed doors because, frankly, I don't care so long as no one gets hurt; does that make me a non-homophobe?
I don't hate homos; in fact, I have friends that are gay, and they know my position and understand it completely. Why can't you? I love my gay friends, but I don't condone their sex lives, and I do not harangue them about their choices as they get enough of that from strangers. If the position of thinking homosexuality is an abhorant position, then God and I are on the same team. You are the loser. Do you think beastiality is an acceptable form of sex? If so, what would you do if your son/daughter brought home a Yorkshire terrier hung like a Great Dane and announced that marriage was on the horizon? Really, I'm serious...what would you do? It is going to be the next 'alternative' life style...bet on it! It would be an abomination, no? Therefore, God views homosexuality as an abomination. You don't have to like it, but you cannot change God, so get used to it.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Mar 09

Originally posted by dystoniac
The danger is that these people are brainwashed to believe this lie
Did you find any references to this, or are you just guessing? I am not disputing it, I merely wish to know if they do practice brain washing and what techniques they use.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Mar 09

I mean, really, think about it carefully. A man has three holes, and none are designed for the intake of a penis; it is a biological anomoly to think otherwise.
I can understand God stating that certain actions are sins. I disagree though that such claims can be supported with biology. We do all sorts of things with our bodies that don't seem to fit what 'nature intended' but most of them aren't automatically considered sin. One could argue that womens feet are not intended to fit high heel shoes and to think otherwise is a biological anomaly. Is it therefore a sin?

d

Break-twitching

Moves
12 Mar 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Did you find any references to this, or are you just guessing? I am not disputing it, I merely wish to know if they do practice brain washing and what techniques they use.
That was purely my conjecture, especially after reading about Ba'hais. I could be wrong, but my experiences with 'new-age' religions are wrought with scenes of brainwashed people. Hari Krishnas are a good example. Jim Jones and the Peoples' Temple, Charles Manson and his ilk, even some whacko-Christian sects such as polygamists, the Waco Tx fiasco, and Jehovah's Witnesses. No disrespect to JWs, but I have had that JWs are cult-like. I could be wrong about them, though.
Yeah, I know I probably sound brainwashed to many here, but I know that God does not force me to worship Him; I do so out of desire and love. He rewards me with peace and the promise of eternal life, and a great life He promises it to be.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
12 Mar 09

I can understand God stating that certain actions are sins. I disagree though that such claims can be supported with biology. We do all sorts of things with our bodies that don't seem to fit what 'nature intended' but most of them aren't automatically considered sin. One could argue that womens feet are not intended to fit high heel shoes and to think otherwise is a biological anomaly. Is it therefore a sin?
Aw, man, c'mon...a woman putting on high-heels is no more an abomination than a man wearing 'whitey-tighty' briefs instead of boxers. You are right about women's feet not made for high-heels just as briefs can raise the temperature around the testes on a guy to an extent that renders sprem non-viable...all it takes is a couple of degrees F.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
12 Mar 09
1 edit

Are you admitting that you are, in fact, deep-throat? I thought DT stated his mia culpa just before he died, no? Sorry, I must say no to your suggestion that I support homosexuality. That said, I do not want the gov't telling consenting adults what they should/should not be doing behind closed doors because, frankly, I don't care so long as no one gets abomination. You don't have to like it, but you cannot change God, so get used to it.
This argument is so worn out I can't believe anyone is still using it. Suffice to say it is as silly now as it ever has been. What does beastiality have to do with homosexuality?

The "slippery slope" argument is truly silly for a number of reasons.
For instance, using your same "slippery" logic, we should enact legislation banning marriage all together because the next thing you know people will want to marry thier dog.

Also, animals can't consent to having sex with a human which pretty well kills that comparison.

I don't care to change God in spite of the fact he has proven himself to be a feckless thug on numerous occassions...Sodom and Gomorrah being one of them.

Finally, I have two questions for you:

1. In order for the state to limit the rights of its citizens it must show that it has compelling interest to do so. Can you name for me one compelling interest the state has is limiting the rights of homosexuals to marry?

2. Are you working as hard to have divorce made illegal by the state since, in other than very rare circumstance, it is also a sin?

F

Moves
12 Mar 09

To God, homosexuality is an abomination. I mean, really, think about it carefully. A man has three holes, and none are designed for the intake of a penis; it is a biological anomoly to think otherwise. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this very reason, and He will judge this present era in a similar fashion. I know, animals do IT all the time, but ...[text shortened]... by believing in Jesus Christ as Saviour. God loves the sinner, but He cannot tolerate the sin.
You believe that to God, homosexuality is an abomination. To me he could hardly call himself a God if he felt that way. He creates something and then "hates" parts of it. We each have our different belief systems. Clearly, after taking a look at humanity upon this Earth of ours, nobody has got 'God' figured out. He appears to have revealled himself in one way to Muslims in one geographical area. And he appears to have revealled himself in another way to Christians in another geographical area. I suggest that belief systems have got more to do with geographical areas and the cultures attendant thereto and our inability to comprehend. Organized religion and "scriptures" enshrine our inability to comprehend life and death, and compensate with bluster, prejudice and specualtion. I suggest that belief systems have got more to do with human weakness than the reality of any God there may be. But one thing I'm pretty sure of: if there is a God, it's inconceivable that he/she/it would think homosexuality is an abomination.

F

Moves
12 Mar 09

Originally posted by jaywill
Isn't it fun to only talk about what you don't believe ?
The classic corporatist defence mechanism: you cannot talk about we do because, by our terms, you don't understand it.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Mar 09

Aw, man, c'mon...a woman putting on high-heels is no more an abomination than a man wearing 'whitey-tighty' briefs instead of boxers. You are right about women's feet not made for high-heels just as briefs can raise the temperature around the testes on a guy to an extent that renders sprem non-viable...all it takes is a couple of degrees F.
Clearly I don't think either is an abomination, nor do I think that piercing, circumcision (consensual), or consensual homosexual activity are abominations. I think everyone is free to do what ever they like so long as they are comfortable with it and they are not harming others.

But all this is quite separate from being gay. At least you admit that people can be attracted to the same sex. Do you have objections to them living together and caring for each other in non-sexual ways?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Mar 09

But why is it that for many Christians such as yourself the "abomination" of homosexuality is so much worse than the abomination of say lying or gluttony. Abomination is abomination, right?

d

Break-twitching

Moves
13 Mar 09

Originally posted by TheSkipper
This argument is so worn out I can't believe anyone is still using it. Suffice to say it is as silly now as it ever has been. What does beastiality have to do with homosexuality?

The "slippery slope" argument is truly silly for a number of reasons.
For instance, using your same "slippery" logic, we should enact legislation banning marriage all toget ...[text shortened]... made illegal by the state since, in other than very rare circumstance, it is also a sin?
If you think this argument is worn out, why are you contributing? Beasteality has nothing in common with homosexuality besides being unnatural and an abomination in God's eyes. I could use a myriad of examples such as NAMBLA, the North American Man Boy Love Association. I bet you think these scumbaga are normal, no?

Answer to question 1: Becaue marriage is the bedrock of civilization and has been since time memorial; homos can become one if they want, but using the term 'marriage' for this abomination is jacked-up!

Answer to question 2: I don't agree with divorce; you answered your own question when you stated that in rare circumstances divorce is OK-adultry.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
13 Mar 09

Clearly I don't think either is an abomination, nor do I think that piercing, circumcision (consensual), or consensual homosexual activity are abominations. I think everyone is free to do what ever they like so long as they are comfortable with it and they are not harming others.

But all this is quite separate from being gay. At least you admit that pe ...[text shortened]... x. Do you have objections to them living together and caring for each other in non-sexual ways?
To answer your question: not at all.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
13 Mar 09

Originally posted by kirksey957
But why is it that for many Christians such as yourself the "abomination" of homosexuality is so much worse than the abomination of say lying or gluttony. Abomination is abomination, right?
I never stated that homosexuality was any more of an abomination than any other sin; nice try in attempting to put words in my text. 😉

Sin is sin. God cannot accept sin in any form because He is a Holy God. Looking at a married woman/man (or any wooman/ man) and lusting for her is commiting adultry in the heart and is just as sinful as having sex with said woman/man.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
13 Mar 09

If you think this argument is worn out, why are you contributing? Beasteality has nothing in common with homosexuality besides being unnatural and an abomination in God's eyes. I could use a myriad of examples such as NAMBLA, the North American Man Boy Love Association. I bet you think these scumbaga are normal, no?

Answer to question 1: Becaue marri ...[text shortened]... answered your own question when you stated that in rare circumstances divorce is OK-adultry.
So, just to make sure I understand you...you don't have a problem with homosexuals getting married as long as it isn't called marriage?

A follow up on question #2:

Suppose our legislature writes a law that bans divorce in all cases but adultry...would you support that law?

I have no idea how NAMBLA relates to any of this, I'm having trouble following your train of thought in your first paragraph.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Mar 09

I never stated that homosexuality was any more of an abomination than any other sin; nice try in attempting to put words in my text. 😉

Sin is sin. God cannot accept sin in any form because He is a Holy God. Looking at a married woman/man (or any wooman/ man) and lusting for her is commiting adultry in the heart and is just as sinful as having sex with said woman/man.
Then why with all the fat people in the world today do you say nothing about their abomination? Would you not agree that there are a lot more fat people in the world than gay people?