Are the signs not obvious?

Are the signs not obvious?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

somewher near London

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by rwingett
Why does the Big Bang make us useless and our lives worthless? You might be useless and worthless, but I certainly don't see my life that way.
No, the Big Bang does not make us worthless, but without religion, nothing happens; when you die then you just don't exist any more, so any changes you've made in life to any other person is worthless because they'll die as well. I was saying that if the Big Bang happened it was UNDENIABLY perfect. And there was only 1.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
09 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by RazzleBreezer
No, the Big Bang does not make us worthless, but without religion, nothing happens; when you die then you just don't exist any more, so any changes you've made in life to any other person is worthless because they'll die as well. I was saying that if the Big Bang happened it was UNDENIABLY perfect. And there was only 1.
There is no such thing as perfection. It is relative.

And why are you so selfish that you think that if you cease to exist, your life was meaningless, maybe you improved the world for the next generation. And what good does it do from your point of view to have a life if you go to heaven or hell afterwards.

And there are multiple big bang theories, like the one of two giant turtles having sex.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Sep 05

What a ridiculous criteria for worth, especially if you think having the majority of the human race burn in hell for all eternity is better.

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
09 Sep 05

Honestly, why is everyone constantly wondering from the original question? Let's stick to the original question please, and try not to use incredibly long words which are nowhere to be seen in the Oxford Dictionary.
Okay, although I agree with the consensus that your question has been answered many times over, I will humor you and not "wonder" from the original question:

You asked, to paraphrase, are not the signs obvious that there is a God?

Yes, they are obvious and I am 100% convinced that Bluto, Popeye's enemy is God.

Prove me wrong.

That's the point. You can't just as I cannot prove your version of God (whatever it is) is correct.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
09 Sep 05

Isn't it obvious now that some sort of God exists? I mean Science has not yet been able to disprove religion so far. Also, the earth is so complicated that it can't be chance that it exists. Yeah, yeah I know that perhaps there are trillions of universes with every possibility of life and we just happen to live in the right one, bla bla bla, but if t ...[text shortened]... l enough to create the earth anyway. Can some atheist somewhere explain this puzzling conundrum?
Obviously Marshians exist. Religion hasn't been able to prove that they don't....

DUH...

R

somewher near London

Moves
10 Sep 05

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
And why are you so selfish that you think that if you cease to exist, your life was meaningless, maybe you improved the world for the next generation. And what good does it do from your point of view to have a life if you go to heaven or hell afterwards.

And there are multiple big bang theories.
Well whats the point of improving the world for the next generation if they're just going to die as well? It's mainly your own fault if you go to hell, and there's little that can be done to stop that, but if you go to heaven then you have completed you purpose; to worship God etc.., giving you purpose, and a reward for completing it.

R

somewher near London

Moves
10 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Joe Fist
Okay, although I agree with the consensus that your question has been answered many times over, I will humor you and not "wonder" from the original question:

You asked, to paraphrase, are not the signs obvious that there is a God?

Yes, they are obvious and I am 100% convinced that Bluto, Popeye's enemy is God.

Prove me wrong.

That's the point. You can't just as I cannot prove your version of God (whatever it is) is correct.
I didn't say prove it, I just said that it seems incredsibly likely. You have no proof at all that Bluto is God

R

somewher near London

Moves
10 Sep 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
What a ridiculous criteria for worth, especially if you think having the majority of the human race burn in hell for all eternity is better.
It is this narrow thinking that makes me keep on at this thread

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
10 Sep 05

I didn't say prove it, I just said that it seems incredsibly likely. You have no proof at all that Bluto is God
Essentially Joe Fist is pointing out that once you allow the supernatural almost any answer can be given. Each one is arbitrary, and there is no way to estimate the likelihood of any one of them. Likelihood can only be measured over natural events.

You have no proof that Yahweh is God either. I'm sure you have lots of cheap apologetics and special pleading, but you'll discover that those standards ultimately rest upon question begging.

You'd be surprised at how well your apologetics 'proves' the existence of one Muffy . . .

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
10 Sep 05

He has as much proof that Bluto is God as you do for yours. I am a God. There now that I've said it, you have proof, since, as a god, anything I say is truth. So the fact that I, a God, said I was a God, verifies that I am a God. My logic is airtight here. If you think this logic is suspect, you will be executed as a heretic. I HAVE SPOKEN!

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
10 Sep 05

He has as much proof that Bluto is God as you do for yours. I am a God. There now that I've said it, you have proof, since, as a god, anything I say is truth. So the fact that I, a God, said I was a God, verifies that I am a God. My logic is airtight here. If you think this logic is suspect, you will be executed as a heretic. I HAVE SPOKEN!
Thanks Umbrage and Telerion for making my point better than I did.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
10 Sep 05
2 edits

Well whats the point of improving the world for the next generation if they're just going to die as well? It's mainly your own fault if you go to hell, and there's little that can be done to stop that, but if you go to heaven then you have completed you purpose; to worship God etc.., giving you purpose, and a reward for completing it.
Well whats the point of improving the world for the next generation if they're just going to die as well?

That's what's wrong with your view; you see no merit in human life because we, as individuals, die.
On the other hand, if a human life does have intrinsic worth, then it behooves us to improve the situation here and now because those who follow us will be better for it.
That's called altruism. It seems you think the rest of us can go to some imaginary fire as long as you get your "reward".
It's all about you and the "faithful". I find you very narrow and shallow too.

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
10 Sep 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
[b]Well whats the point of improving the world for the next generation if they're just going to die as well?

That's what's wrong with your view; you see no merit in human life because we, as individuals, die.
On the other hand, if a human life does have intrinsic worth, then it behooves us to improve the situation here and now because those w ...[text shortened]... r "reward".
It's all about you and the "faithful". I find you very narrow and shallow too.[/b]
Very, very well said....rec'd.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
10 Sep 05

It is this narrow thinking that makes me keep on at this thread
Shrug. Elaborate if you expect a response.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
10 Sep 05

I think we can apply false trichotomy here. "UofS claimed to be God. Therefore, he is either a liar, a lunatic, or truly God."

Josh McDowell, William Lane Craig, and Lee Strobel all find this argument compelling.