Are the signs not obvious?

Are the signs not obvious?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Sep 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Boy, you got that right!..especially when someone is trying to pull them out of the fire.
Well thanks for trying; when I see Beelzebub I'll tell him you weren't to blame! Tootles.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
06 Sep 05

You can only dream.........😲..........
But I am done with this thread..........😕
That's the second time you've said that. Shut up and get a move on.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
06 Sep 05

I am done debating with pagans...believe what you will....

Acts 17:32-34
32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said, "We will hear you again on this matter."
33 So Paul departed from among them.
34 However, some men joined him and believed, among them Dionysius the Areopagite, a woman named Damaris, and others with them.
(NKJ)

I never expected all to believe....see ya.....
🙂
Pagan's believe in the Devil.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Pagan's believe in the Devil.
yep the tasmanian one.....

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
06 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Well thanks for trying; when I see Beelzebub I'll tell him you weren't to blame! Tootles.
You did it again marauder. Congratulations on your latest success.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
You're welcome! What did I do again??

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
06 Sep 05

Must fight urge to write a 5 page essay on all the bs in this thread...
I'll just stick with my two favorite words: Blind Watchmaker
Just because it's complex doesn't mean it's accidental.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by RazzleBreezer
Isn't it obvious now that some sort of God exists? I mean Science has not yet been able to disprove religion so far. Also, the earth is so complicated that it can't be chance that it exists. Yeah, yeah I know that perhaps there are trillions of universes with every possibility of life and we just happen to live in the right one, bla bla bla, but if t ...[text shortened]... l enough to create the earth anyway. Can some atheist somewhere explain this puzzling conundrum?
You just proved it! WoW!!

P-

NowYouSeeIt

NowYouDon't

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
'Scuse me, 'hoe, but I think I should get some credit here...

I'm like a nerd

Amsterdam, NL

Moves
06 Sep 05
5 edits

Isn't it obvious now that some sort of God exists? I mean Science has not yet been able to disprove religion so far.

As someone else already pointed out: the fact that science can't prove it false, doesn't make it true. His existence isn't even falsifiable.

Also, the earth is so complicated that it can't be chance that it exists.

Wouldn't God be even more complex? And why can't it be chance? No matter how small the probability, there's always a chance that an event takes place all the same. In another occurence, we might have had the shape of a pinball machine or sewer rat and still be looking for divine intervention in our creation.

Yeah, yeah I know that perhaps there are trillions of universes with every possibility of life and we just happen to live in the right one,

Not necessarily THE right one, just 'a' right one.

bla bla bla, but if there are so many possibilities of life, surely one of them would have a God in it powerful enough to create the earth anyway.

In this particular context, I think 'god' should be spelled with a non-capital G.

Can some atheist somewhere explain this puzzling conundrum?

Isn't that more the problem of a believer than an atheist? You're basically admitting that it doesn't take omni* (=omnipotence/omniscience/omnipresence etc., all the special traits that are attributed to God) to create the earth and all life on it.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
Must fight urge to write a 5 page essay on all the bs in this thread...
I'll just stick with my two favorite words: Blind Watchmaker
Just because it's complex doesn't mean it's accidental.
I meant doesn't mean it's not accidental but it won't let me edit.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
06 Sep 05
1 edit

First I have a copy and paste with permission that is a very interesting read from ...

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=582&mode=&order=0&thold=0

The Real “War of the Worlds”

By Caitlyn Theisen

For thousands of years, a war has raged between two worlds; one a kingdom of light, the other a kingdom of dar ...[text shortened]... y everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Sorry. I think you misunderstood my post. When I asked you to "go on", I didn't mean to continue posting like a non-science-knowing, so-called-religious, fanatic. I meant "gettoudda heah!" As in, "I find your views to be so far-out, I wonder if you aren't one of them aliens on the X-files" or whatever, dude (tte)?

EDIT: My fault entirely. In the future, I shall endeavour mightily not to confuse, addle, flummox or hurl when responding to one of your posts.

R

somewher near London

Moves
06 Sep 05

This is all completely stupid, everyone has avoided the question, and nobody has any basis at all for what they are saying!

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
06 Sep 05

This is all completely stupid, everyone has avoided the question, and nobody has any basis at all for what they are saying!
Your question was answered many times over. One who is asserting the existence of god has no basis for what he is saying.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
06 Sep 05

Originally posted by rwingett
Your question was answered many times over. One who is asserting the existence of god has no basis for what he is saying.
The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not.
Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)