Anyone here think the earth is 6000 years old?

Anyone here think the earth is 6000 years old?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 May 07

E

Moves
04 May 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
anyone here think that is relevant?

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
04 May 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
anyone here think that is relevant?
Anyone here think EV will ever have anything useful or interesting to say?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
The earth may well be billions and billions of years old, but I believe man has only been here for about 6000 years.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by josephw
The earth may well be billions and billions of years old, but I believe man has only been here for about 6000 years.
Nope, guess again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by wittywonka
Nope, guess again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
What? I suppose you were there! 😕

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 May 07

Share your reasoning on this.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
Ever play the Civilization game? It starts in 4000 BC. HELLO!!!!

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
05 May 07

What? I suppose you were there! 😕
Well maybe you were since you are so sure of the date...

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

Well, I can't give you the exact details. That would be too hard for me, because I'm rather dumb really. But I've been through it before. And besides, everybody knows the biblical chronology.

I believe the literal account of creation. Some people think I'm an idiot for believing it. But God knows we aren't stupid. If he had made us in any other way, then why didn't he say so? Is it too difficult for God to do it the way he said he did? Why would he lie about it?

No. God planted a garden in the east over there somewhere and put man in it just the way he said he did. Why not? It's more fun to believe it that way anyway. It clears up all the confusion. And we know who is responsible for confusion don't we!

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 May 07

Well, I can't give you the exact details. That would be too hard for me, because I'm rather dumb really. But I've been through it before. And besides, everybody knows the biblical chronology.

I believe the literal account of creation. Some people think I'm an idiot for believing it. But God knows we aren't stupid. If he had made us in any other way, then ...[text shortened]... . It clears up all the confusion. And we know who is responsible for confusion don't we!
But you said you were open to the earth being billions and billions of years old.

E

Moves
05 May 07

Some people think I'm an idiot for believing it.
EVSOA

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 May 07

But you said you were open to the earth being billions and billions of years old.
Ok. As I'm sure you are aware. Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Maybe billions of years ago. Or longer.
Verse 2 And the earth was (became) without form, and void;...sometime prior to the six day creation period 6000 years ago.
So what happened between verses 1 and 2?
It's the "gap" theory of which I'm sure you know about. At least I hope you do. Otherwise you're going to want me to explain it. It's interesting and answers some problems.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
EVSOA
This contemporary jargon. EVSOA What does it mean?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 May 07

I believe the literal account of creation. Some people think I'm an idiot for believing it. But God knows we aren't stupid. If he had made us in any other way, then ...[text shortened]... . It clears up all the confusion. And we know who is responsible for confusion don't we!
God didn't write the bible. Men did.