Any spiritual people out there that just aren't a

Any spiritual people out there that just aren't a

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
22 Apr 05

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
22 Apr 05

Originally posted by Pullhard
Buddhism fills this criteria.
So does Wicca

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
22 Apr 05
1 edit

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
24 Apr 05

Originally posted by TheSkipper
Well Sas, I'm currently looking for a Church where if you are seen there it is NOT a foregone conclusion that you are a republican. Don't get me wrong I can and do spend lots of time with conservatives but I'm leery of any institution that attracts only one political party and seems not to care about the other. You would be amazed how difficult a sea ...[text shortened]... othing wrong with America that cannot be fixed by what is right with America."😉

TheSkipper
Well, the United Methodists are quite liberal. If you want something more churchy, the ELCA Lutherarns fit the bill (I once say a congregation of them walk all around their neighborhood on Good Friday following a guy carrying a massive wooden cross) but also allow gay pastors (if they promise abstinence). I also recall seeing a sign outside a Baptist church saying "Jesus died to take away our sins, not our minds." Thought that was pretty cool.

... --- ...

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Del. Kirksey. Sorry if I've missed anybody else. You guys - I like reading your posts. We seem to share the view that religion and God are supposed to make smooth life's choppy waters, and don't use it as a hammer to beat people ...[text shortened]... t in the Catholic church. Maybe you guys have some advice for me.

What are you looking for ? A god that will serve you or the God that you want to serve ?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
24 Apr 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

What are you looking for ? A god that will serve you or the God that you want to serve ?
All gods were created to serve the needs of those who thought them up. Gods who are out of step with the times will be forgotten. Gods like Thor, Zeus, Horus, etc., served a useful purpose at one time, but man's developing intellectual curiosity outstripped their ability to keep up. So they were cast aside for newer gods. If those newer gods no longer serve the needs of mankind, then they too will eventually be cast aside. The only question is whether mankind will continue to refine his theology or cast it aside entirely. For it to remain the same indefinately is out of the question.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Apr 05

Originally posted by rwingett
All gods were created to serve the needs of those who thought them up. Gods who are out of step with the times will be forgotten. Gods like Thor, Zeus, Horus, etc., served a useful purpose at one time, but man's developing intellectual curiosity outstripped their ability to keep up. So they were cast aside for newer gods. If those newer gods no longer serv ...[text shortened]... ology or cast it aside entirely. For it to remain the same indefinately is out of the question.
Rwingett: "All gods were created to serve the needs of those who thought them up."

Except of course that one God.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
24 Apr 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Rwingett: "All gods were created to serve the needs of those who thought them up."

Except of course that one God.
Which one? Thor?

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
24 Apr 05

... So they were cast aside for newer gods. If those newer gods no longer serve the needs of mankind, then they too will eventually be cast aside...
The Bible is unclear on many matters, but it is perfectly clear on the matter of homosexuality: It is an abomination in the eyes of God.

The fact that certain Christian denominations are now hiring homosexuals as ministers is an indication that Christianity is evolving away from belief in the Bible as an inerrant word from God. No telling how far they will deviate from the Bible in another 500 years.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
24 Apr 05

Originally posted by Paul Dirac
The Bible is unclear on many matters, but it is perfectly clear on the matter of homosexuality: It is an abomination in the eyes of God.

The fact that certain Christian denominations are now hiring homosexuals as ministers is an indication that Christianity is evolving away from belief in the Bible as an inerrant word from God. No telling how far they will deviate from the Bible in another 500 years.
Christians are masters of rationalization. They could still maintain that the Bible is the inerrant word of god, but that mankind's interpretation of that word had merely been flawed. They'll just put a different spin on the passages in question, or ignore them outright if need be. After all, only the passages that appeal to them are meant to be taken literally. The embarrassing ones are always in need of a proper "interpretation".

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
24 Apr 05

...but that mankind's interpretation of that word had merely been flawed. They'll just put a different spin on the passages in question, or ignore them outright if need be...
And of course there is the time-honored tactic of saying that in the original Greek or Hebrew, the word that later got translated as "homosexual" really meant a person who lusted sexually after deep-sea creatures, or whatever.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
24 Apr 05

Next "Christians" will be sacrificing babies and old people...Oh year, they're already starting to do that..

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Coletti
Next "Christians" will be sacrificing babies and old people...Oh year, they're already starting to do that..
Touché ...... the fact that a lot of people now have the same prejudices against the Christians as people had before World war II against the Jewish people is truly remarkable .......

"Christians are masters of rationalization."
"Jews are masters of rationalization"."

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
24 Apr 05

And of course there is the time-honored tactic of saying that in the original Greek or Hebrew, the word that later got translated as "homosexual" really meant a person who lusted sexually after deep-sea creatures, or whatever.
Half the people on this site think the Bible only spoke about homesexuals so it must be okay to be a lesbian.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Half the people on this site think the Bible only spoke about homesexuals so it must be okay to be a lesbian.
You are either an incredibly stupid human being or the most insincere one who posts here. Look in a dictionary for the definition of homosexual and you'll find it includes lesbians as already has been pointed out to you in other threads.

And Ivanhoe: Yes all the atheists are anxiously waiting for the chance to put all the Christians into extermination camps. Right. Get a grip and take your medication and maybe all these paranoid delusions will go away.