An unquestionable topic

An unquestionable topic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
28 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
No they don't. Homosexualality occurs between two humans. what animals do con not be rationally compared to what humans do because animals are not rational.
Animals have brains and sexuality and they have hormones and foetuses and wombs and genital abnormalities etc etc Humans have all these things as well. How likely is it that a phenomenon that occurs in the animal kingdom has no bearing at all on what happens in humans? How many homosexual animals do you think are making a "lifestyle choice"???? 🙄

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jan 07

Originally posted by Starrman
No I'm not, you clearly said: Homosexualality occurs between two humans. what animals do con not be rationally compared to what humans do because animals are not rational.

This was in response to a claim that animals showed homosexual tendencies. It logically follows that if you disagree that animals show homosexual tendencies and offer their lac ...[text shortened]... lieve homosexuality carries a burden of rationality and of humanity, which it clearly does not.
With all due respect Starrman, if you will take the time to go back 10 posts and read KnightWulfes' response to 111suns' original post and follow the thread perhaps then you will see what I mean.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jan 07

Originally posted by knightmeister
Animals have brains and sexuality and they have hormones and foetuses and wombs and genital abnormalities etc etc Humans have all these things as well. How likely is it that a phenomenon that occurs in the animal kingdom has no bearing at all on what happens in humans? How many homosexual animals do you think are making a "lifestyle choice"???? 🙄
Do you beleive animals have the capacity to reason?

Are we to conclude that because man and animals have simular physical characteristics that there is little difference between us, and that we should consider ourselves as nothing more than an animal?

S

Moves
29 Jan 07

With all due respect Starrman, if you will take the time to go back 10 posts and read KnightWulfes' response to 111suns' original post and follow the thread perhaps then you will see what I mean.
No, I still don't see, perhaps you'd reiterate for me, what does the 'no they don't' which you posted refer to? If to animals, then the logic is clear, if not, then your post is unclear.

w

Moves
29 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by knightmeister
Before delving into LeVay's study, it is important to examine pre-existing evidence for brain differences and sexual dimorphism in humans. Prenatal and perinatal hormones organize the components of the brain and create either a male or female brain and thereby produce male or female typical behavior (5). The most sexually dimorphic region of the brain t the biological level." (2)

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro01/web1/Rana.html
So I would assume that Biblical condemnation of homosexual behavoir must then be unjust to say the least in your view. Do you now think that the Mosaic law given by God is then flawed after reading this study?

Instead of the excuse, "The devil made me do it" you are saying that "My body made me do it". Am I hearing you correctly?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by Starrman
No, I still don't see, perhaps you'd reiterate for me, what does the 'no they don't' which you posted refer to? If to animals, then the logic is clear, if not, then your post is unclear.
You're right, I noticed that too, "no they don't" isn't clear.

"No they don't" was in response to KnightWulfes' comment "there is homosexual activity in everyone of them..." refering to animals.

But, now I'm getting a bit lost. What I thought was interesting was the difference between humans and animals, the one being rational and the other not.

Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding!

Cape Town

Moves
29 Jan 07

Do you beleive animals have the capacity to reason?
Yes some animals have the capacity to reason.

Are we to conclude that because man and animals have simular physical characteristics that there is little difference between us, and that we should consider ourselves as nothing more than an animal?
You are an animal and therefore cannot possibly be 'more than an animal'. Humans may be unique animals and have unique characteristics, but that does not make them 'more than an animal'.

On the homosexuality issue I have noticed that the following has been ignored so far in the discussion: Many heterosexuals engage in homosexual behavior when heterosexual behavior is not 'available'. This can include 'all men' situations such as prison or the army, or situations where a relationship with the opposite sex is difficult socially (teenage boys).

Why is infidelity less frowned upon than homosexuality in the Church?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by twhitehead

[b]Are we to conclude that because man and animals have simular physical characteristics that there is little difference between us, and that we should consider ourselves as nothing more than an animal?

You are an animal and therefore cannot possibly be 'more than an animal'. Humans may be unique anima ...[text shortened]... (teenage boys).

Why is infidelity less frowned upon than homosexuality in the Church?[/b]
Why is infidelity less frowned upon than homosexuality in the Church?
WHITHEAD

I guess it's because homosexuality arouses deep biological reactions in people who can't imagine themselves ever doing it , whereas infidelity is something we can all imagine ourselves doing so it's harder to be judgemental.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by 111sun
Homosexuality is undoubtedly a crime against nature. The evidence is in the Bible: "thou shall not lie down with a man as thou does with a woman." There fore I believe it is a sin, as it is clearly outlined as one.
What if you're a woman reading the bible?

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by 111sun
Homosexuality is undoubtedly a crime against nature. The evidence is in the Bible: "thou shall not lie down with a man as thou does with a woman." There fore I believe it is a sin, as it is clearly outlined as one.
If one is speaking of religiously sanctified penile-vaginal intercourse, then the statement "thou shall not lie down with a man as thou does with a woman" would seem to be analytically true.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by twhitehead

[b]Are we to conclude that because man and animals have simular physical characteristics that there is little difference between us, and that we should consider ourselves as nothing more than an animal?

You are an animal and therefore cannot possibly be 'more than an animal'. Humans may be unique anima ...[text shortened]... (teenage boys).

Why is infidelity less frowned upon than homosexuality in the Church?[/b]
You are over confident in your own opinions. Any rational objective observation of animal behavior shows that animals do not have the capacity to reason. So therefor humans are much more superior.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
29 Jan 07

You are over confident in your own opinions. Any rational objective observation of animal behavior shows that animals do not have the capacity to reason. So therefor humans are much more superior.
They do have some capacity to reason. Just not as much as us.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Jan 07

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
They do have some capacity to reason. Just not as much as us.
I don't call it reason. Animals have a programed genetic respons engineered into them to respond to the enviroment they are desined to live in.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
31 Jan 07

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
If one is speaking of religiously sanctified penile-vaginal intercourse, then the statement "thou shall not lie down with a man as thou does with a woman" would seem to be analytically true.
That's not quite right. It's impossible to have penile-vaginal intercourse with a man.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
31 Jan 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
That's not quite right. It's impossible to have penile-vaginal intercourse with a man.
My point is that what you say is what the verse says.