An experiment

An experiment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDI

Moves
20 Jun 14

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin

A baby was just born in China with four limbs.

Questions for believers... Did your deity intend for parasitic twins to be born as regular separated twins? If so, what thwarts His will in such matters? If not, are we violating His will if we surgically remove and discard the parts?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jun 14
3 edits

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II

I did not visit your link. But I think I get your point without reading it.

Questions for believers... Did your deity ...

First of Deity is just Deity. He is not private to my ownership.
If there is God that God is not the God of my religion.
He is God of all reality, all being, all the universe.
Though is a bit on the side to your main point.

IE. "Your little deity" ?
There is only God. Ultimately there is not "my Deity" but not yours.

Did you create yourself ?

intend for parasitic twins to be born as regular separated twins? If so, what thwarts His will in such matters? If not, are we violating His will if we surgically remove and discard the parts?

In the New Testament, the will of God, or God's will, is not spoken often, and perhaps not at all, in terms of minute matters.

The concept of "God's will" is reserved for highly transcendent things like the building of the church, the conformity of saved men to the image of Christ, the glorification of His people, through tough circumstances and situations of all kinds.

The concept of the will of God is not spoken of in matters very much about where you work, who you marry, what house you have, or other lesser circumstances of typical human life.

How I was born with a deformity or not, how I came out of the womb, with a defect or not, whether I was a twin, or born with triplets, "Siamese twins," cojoined, or other physical maladies or fortunes related to natural birth, are not the subject matter of "God's will".

And if I write more, like I would prefer to, I will stop here for few can endure a length of more than a small paragraph. They want difficult questions to Christians to be handled in a short snippet that does not require too much contemplation.

When the disciples of Jesus asked Him essentially why a certain man was born blind, Jesus said all was for the glory of God. Then He healed him. But in every instance He may not heal such a situation and still seek God's glory in other ways.

"And as He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.

And His disciple asked Him, saying, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind ?

Jesus answered, Neither has this man sinned nor his parents, but he was born so, that the works of God might be manifested in him." (John 9:1-3)

To speak of the thwarting of "God's will" in terms of what medical professionals would do or not do with this child born in this unfortunate situation is superficial.

The will of God concerning this person is more importantly related to their interaction with God internally in relation to His eternal purpose of God dispensed into man, in union with man, being glorified in man in spite of this physical malady.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jun 14

KellyJay, preach me a little sermon on the meaning of the following verse if time permits.

Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

If you could have Bibles published with whatever verbiage you think Mark 11:24 ought to have in order to not be misleading, how would you write it?
I'd just leave it the way it is, no matter how you say some things people
can twist them into what they want. That is one that people do twist into
whatever they want. I don't like the idea of changing the scripture to make
it mean what I think it should say, it says what it says.
Kelly

PDI

Moves
20 Jun 14

Originally posted by sonship
The concept of "God's will" is reserved for highly transcendent things like the building of the church, the conformity of saved men to the image of Christ, the glorification of His people, through tough circumstances and situations of all kinds.

The concept of the will of God is not spoken of in matters very much about where you work, who you marry, what house you have, or other lesser circumstances of typical human life.
Would I be putting words in your mouth if I said that you live most of your waking hours thinking pretty much the same way that an agnostic does?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jun 14
1 edit

Would I be putting words in your mouth if I said that you live most of your waking hours thinking pretty much the same way that an agnostic does?
How is that, how does an agnostic think?
Kelly

PDI

Moves
20 Jun 14
4 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
How is that, how does an agnostic think?
Kelly
Good question. Here's one example.

I walk out of the grocery store and don't see my car. Some possibilities form in my mind:

a) I am not properly remembering where I parked it.
b) Some thief broke into it and stole it.
c) I walked to the store this time, and have forgotten that I did not take the car to get here.

I do NOT think:

d) I should look up into the sky because a demon may have elevated it up into the air and suspended it there to punish me for giving a generous offering at church last weekend.
e) God supernaturally teleported it to Bangladesh to give it to somebody who needs it more than I do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jun 14

I walk out of the grocery store and don't see my car. Some possibilities form in my mind:

c) I walked to the store this time, and have forgotten that I did not take the car to get here.

I do [b]NOT
think:

d) ...[text shortened]... d supernaturally teleported it to Bangladesh to give it to somebody who needs it more than I do.[/b]
Typically everyone Theist included would think like that, it is things like
how did everything begin where no one has gone through daily experience
actually witnessing the event. Now many may make claims and than you
can sort them out.
Kelly

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Jun 14

I do [b]NOT
think:

d) ...[text shortened]... d supernaturally teleported it to Bangladesh to give it to somebody who needs it more than I do.[/b]
Are you expecting people to take you seriously, or just having sport?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
20 Jun 14
1 edit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin

Questions for believers... Did your deity intend for parasitic twins to be born as regular separated twins? If so, what thwarts His will in such matters? If not, are we violating His will if we surgically remove and discard the parts?
This is the normal number.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jun 14
1 edit

Would I be putting words in your mouth if I said you live most of your waking hours having no idea how an agnostic thinks?

PDI

Moves
21 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Would I be putting words in your mouth if I said you live most of your waking hours having no idea how an agnostic thinks?
Flesh that out for me, if you would be so kind.

PDI

Moves
21 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by DeepThought
This is the normal number.
Good catch. 😉

I should have said eight limbs-- or else four extra limbs.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/weird/2014/04/17/china-baby-four-legs-arms/7826685/

PDI

Moves
21 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Are you expecting people to take you seriously, or just having sport?
My hope is that believers who trash the possibility of miracles in modern times will seriously consider becoming just as skeptical when reading bronze-age texts.

Oh I know, the mainstream Christian says, "The age of miracles is over." But your Book says your God never changes, eh.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jun 14

Flesh that out for me, if you would be so kind.
What's there to "flesh out" ?
You're not the only one who can make questions with innuendos.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
21 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
KJ, do you seriously believe that this verse implies that God has male genitalia? (Please excuse me if this sounds coarse, but it is pertinent to this discussion)

Firstly, God is Spirit. As such, there is no gender involved.

Secondly, the first and second commandments clearly stipulate that we should NOT make ourselves any image of God. That includes mental images and constructs. Whatever image you make for yourself of God, is 100% certain of being wrong. This normally leads to the old man with a beard sitting on a throne. Don't do it.

Thirdly, there are many verses in the Bible that give god feminine attributes. For example, the picture of a mother weaning her child, and of a hen gathering her chickens, to name just two.

So the picture of God being our Father has been presented just as one obvious symbol exemplifying one of his more obvious roles. Yet by no stretch of the imagination can this be taken as an all defining, and thereby limiting, presentation of the God of the Universe.

When I alternate the pronouns "he" and "she" i am doing it for the specific purpose of jarring our preconceived, and well-ingrained (but totally inadequate) picture of God.

And I seem to have succeeded!