1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '18 03:11
    @thinkofone said
    Wonder how much jaywill now respects your apology - given the Janus-faced nature of it.
    Why don’t you ask him instead of wondering, I’m sure he will be happy to indulge you.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '18 03:261 edit
    @divegeester said
    Why don’t you ask him instead of wondering, I’m sure he will be happy to indulge you.
    Evidently at times you're quite the literalist. The irony.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 12:031 edit
    We continue.

Early in the Bible, in Genesis 18 we read of a man who repeatedly challenged God about whether He would be a just judge. That was Abraham.

Again, and again he checked and re-checked to see if God understood that their were people on earth who he thought should not be punished.

Though Abraham put a challenge to God in the form of a question - "Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?"
    (Gen. 18:25)

This is a very interesting story to me.
    First, it occurs early in the Bible to kind of set a standard as it were. Secondly, it appears that God purposely went to visit Abraham so that Abraham would intercede for the people in Sodom who God wanted to spare. Thirdly, by going on to the next chapter we see that God was faithful and merciful exactly according to His words to Abraham in chapter 18.

The story should give Christians some confidence that it is impossible for the ultimate Judge of all the world to be unjust, though we do not know all of His ways.

The destiny of believers in Christ is to eventually be conformed to His image. His emotion will be theirs. His likes will be theirs also. What He hates also will be what they hate. There will be no disharmony between what the Son of God is and what the sons of God become.

If I do not see all things through the Son's eyes now I know my opinion will be His in eternity eventually.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 12:20
    @sonship said
    We continue.

Early in the Bible, in Genesis 18 we read of a man who repeatedly challenged God about whether He would be a just judge. That was Abraham.

Again, and again he checked and re-checked to see if God understood that their were people on earth who he thought should not be punished.

Though Abraham put a challenge to God in the form of ...[text shortened]... not see all things through the Son's eyes now I know my opinion will be His in eternity eventually.
    If this monologue is not connected to "An apology to sonship" by way of you being deliberately sanctimonious, is it not just vanity-fuelled off-topic spam?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 13:513 edits
    @FMF

We continue.

He said "We continue". So I added some continuation.

Ask me how much I care whether or not it meets your approval.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 13:59
    @sonship said
    @FMF

We continue.

He said "We continue". So I added some continuation.

So, are you being deliberately sanctimonious, or are you simply serving up some spam? The thread topic is: "An apology to sonship".
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 14:01
    @FMF

8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 14:21
    @sonship said
    @FMF

It's not a question about "approval". It's a question about your motive. Sanctimony or spam? The thread is entitled "An apology to sonship".
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 22:141 edit
    @FMF

Your Gaslighting.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 23:10
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Your Gaslighting.
    Whether this is true or not, what is it that you are doing?
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '18
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 06:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree