Amazing, and poor show from you.

Amazing, and poor show from you.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
14 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by mikelom
I have posted twice the same thing, and yet none of you have argued or ripped it appart. Why not?

So I will prompt you;

Do Buddhists believe in god?

No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas and especially the god idea have their origin in fear.

The argue? If they did, then, their adventure was fundamentally flawed in the first place!

-m.
It's considered polite to separate your words from those of others with quotation marks; you also might like to provide a link to the source. Something like this would avoid the charge of plagiarism:

Do Buddhist believe in god?

No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas and especially the god idea have their origin in fear. The Buddha says:

"Gripped by fear men go to the sacred mountains,
sacred groves, sacred trees and shrines".

Dp 188

Primitive man found himself in a dangerous and hostile world, the fear of wild animals, of not being able to find enough food, of injury or disease, and of natural phenomena like thunder, lightning and volcanoes was constantly with him. Finding no security, he created the idea of gods in order to give him comfort in good times, courage in times of danger and consolation when things went wrong. To this day, you will notice that people become more religious at times of crises, you will hear them say that the belief in a god or gods gives them the strength they need to deal with life. You will hear them explain that they believe in a particular god because they prayed in time of need and their prayer was answered. All this seems to support the Buddha’s teaching that the god-idea is a response to fear and frustration. The Buddha taught us to try to understand our fears, to lessen our desires and to calmly and courageously accept the things we cannot change. He replaced fear, not with irrational belief but with rational understanding.

The second reason the Buddha did not believe in a god is because there does not seem to be any evidence to support this idea. There are numerous religions, all claiming that they alone have god’s words preserved in their holy book, that they alone understand god’s nature, that their god exists and that the gods of other religions do not. Some claim that god is masculine, some that she is feminine and others that it is neuter. They are all satisfied that there is ample evidence to prove the existence of their god but they laugh in disbelief at the evidence other religions use to prove the existence of another god. It is not surprising that with so many different religions spending so many centuries trying to prove the existence of their gods that still no real, concrete, substantial or irrefutable evidence has been found. Buddhists suspend judgement until such evidence is forthcoming.

The third reason the Buddha did not believe in a god is that the belief is not necessary. Some claim that the belief in a god is necessary in order to explain the origin on the universe. But this is not so. Science has very convincingly explained how the universe came into being without having to introduce the god-idea. Some claim that belief in god is necessary to have a happy, meaningful life. Again we can see that this is not so. There are millions of atheists and free-thinkers, not to mention many Buddhists, who live useful, happy and meaningful lives without belief in a god. Some claim that belief in god’s power is necessary because humans, being weak, do not have the strength to help themselves. Once again, the evidence indicates the opposite. One often hears of people who have overcome great disabilities and handicaps, enormous odds and difficulties, through their own inner resources, through their own efforts and without belief in a god. Some claim that god is necessary in order to give man salvation. But this argument only holds good if you accept the theological concept of salvation and Buddhists do not accept such a concept. Based on his own experience, the Buddha saw that each human being had the capacity to purify the mind, develop infinite love and compassion and perfect understanding. He shifted attention from the heavens to the heart and encouraged us to find solutions to our problems through self-understanding.

http://www.buddhanet.net/ans73.htm

I see that you've accepted credit for this post by not advising others that these are not your words:

avalanchethecat: Nicely put.
agerg: Apart from "...develop infinite love and compassion and perfect understanding...." I would have no argument with what you posted.
vishvahetu: You seem to know an lot about the Buddha.
karoly aczel: I agreed with your posts as well and found no need to argue with them. I even reffered someone to one of them as a back up to my arguement, cheers.

"Amazing, and poor show from you."

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
14 Nov 10

I have posted twice the same thing, and yet none of you have argued or ripped it appart. Why not?

So I will prompt you;

Do Buddhists believe in god?

No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas and especially the god idea have their origin in fear.

The ...[text shortened]... argue? If they did, then, their adventure was fundamentally flawed in the first place!

-m.
actually I did respond the first time.

Pure Land Buddhism disagrees with you

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
14 Nov 10

Originally posted by Green Paladin
It's considered polite to separate your words from those of others with quotation marks; you also might like to provide a link to the source. Something like this would avoid the charge of plagiarism:

[quote]Do Buddhist believe in god?

No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, beli ...[text shortened]... one of them as a back up to my arguement, cheers.

So you choose to discredit words, no matter the source?

Or you choose to discredit another?

You chose the latter, in your blind belief that I was serious. More fool you, in your deep turds of self-perfectionism.

You're laughable in your belief of rightesnousnesssnottynosedcrap.

I found exactly what I wanted to in this forum..... empty egoistical crap!

You will discuss until you are dead, and eventually will have no recourse.

It's hilarious. 😉

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
14 Nov 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Green Paladin

[quote]Do Buddhist believe in god?

No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, beli one of them as a back up to my arguement, cheers.

Well I still agree (apart from the exceptions I stated) with what he posted (on behalf of someone else). Though given the last response of the original poster I divorse myself of any charge that I agree with him/her 😞

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 10
3 edits

You chose the latter, in your blind belief that I was serious. More fool you, in your deep turds of self-perfectionism.

I found exactly what I wanted to in this forum..... empty egoistical ...[text shortened]... u will discuss until you are dead, and eventually will have no recourse.

It's hilarious. 😉
Pointing out you posted a work from someone else, shows you in a bad light.
Without giving credit where it is due when you take another's work is akin
to stealing it for credit sake making you appear to being the author when you
are not. Nothing wrong with posting another's words, as long as you give
credit to the person whose work you quoting.
Kelly

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 10

I found exactly what I wanted to in this forum..... empty egoistical ...[text shortened]... u will discuss until you are dead, and eventually will have no recourse.

It's hilarious. 😉
How come you assume so much?

And whats the difference between "the empty egotistical crap" in this forum as opposed to any other crap? (like bhuddists crap?)

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
14 Nov 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
The teachings of the Buddha were passed down orally for 2000 years before they were put in writting, so the real purpose of the Buddha incarnating has been clouded.

Lord Buddha is an incarnation of Lord Visnu, and the real purpose for the Buddha to incarnate was to stop animal slaughter and meat eating.

He did this buy introducing his atheistic doct ...[text shortened]... ngs to to slaughter animals.

I a person is a meat eater, they definately are not a Buddhist.
the dali llama eats meat...FACT!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Nov 10

Originally posted by duecer
the dali llama eats meat...FACT!
Then he is a nonsense rascal atheists, and not even a real Buddhist.....but why am I not surprised, practically all reigions today are cheating religions, misdirecting the people, with false teachings.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
14 Nov 10

Then he is a nonsense rascal atheists, and not even a real Buddhist.....but why am I not surprised, practically all reigions today are cheating religions, misdirecting the people, with false teachings.
You really hate atheists dont you! :]

rc

Moves
14 Nov 10
3 edits

Originally posted by Agerg
Is it true Agers, and i do not for one moment expect you to speak on behalf of all Atheists, never the less, is it true that you try to undermine and destroy a persons faith in God because you have evaluated that its in a persons best interests to be deviod of any allusions of God. I know its a rather straight laced question, devoid of subtlety, but I just wondered. I know from talking with my atheist friend Noobster that he really does think that i am in danger of throwing my life away to some strange cult (his appraisal) and that one would be better off free from delusions (his term) of God. How do you feel about it, is it true? Are you intent on destroying my faith in my God? or at very least undermining it? because you really do sincerely believe that a person is better off 'free', from thoughts of the divine, its ok, please speak frankly, i can take it.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Nov 10

Originally posted by Agerg
I have said before, I dont hate anyone,....but I do hate any false teaching that misdirects the people, because it is the cause of every trouble in the world.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
15 Nov 10

the dali llama? not a real buddhist? ha ha you're a hoot. The dali eats meat because he must. he has a medical condition that requires he eat meat. he doesn't eat it in great amounts, but he does eat it, as do many monks from Mongolia, as meat is one of the very few food sources, its meat or die.

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
15 Nov 10

the dali llama? not a real buddhist? ha ha you're a hoot. The dali eats meat because he must. he has a medical condition that requires he eat meat. he doesn't eat it in great amounts, but he does eat it, as do many monks from Mongolia, as meat is one of the very few food sources, its meat or die.
We should buy a gavel for Vish.
But first, I'd like to buy him a mirror.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Nov 10

The first requirement in the spiritual life is to follow 4 basic rules.

1. no meat eating
2. no illicit sex.
3. no gambling. or speculation
4. no intoxication or drugs.

If a Buddhist eats meat, then they are fraudulent, and are nonsense.

Ther is no medical condition that requires one to eat meat.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
15 Nov 10
1 edit

The first requirement in the spiritual life is to follow 4 basic rules.

1. no meat eating
2. no illicit sex.
3. no gambling. or speculation
4. no intoxication or drugs.

If a Buddhist eats meat, then they are fraudulent, and are nonsense.

Ther is no medical condition that requires one to eat meat.
its called hepatitis.

the Buddha says one must follow the dharma practically, so if one has to supplement their diet with meat on health grounds, then eating meat is unfortunately a necessity for healthy living and mental well being.

more important than right actions are right thought and right understanding