Allah and Muhammed

Allah and Muhammed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
05 May 06

Why is it whenever Muslims mention Allah or Muhammed they always add some sort of (peace be unto him) thingy? Is this commanded in the Qu'ran?

t

my island

Moves
06 May 06

may peace be with you

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
08 May 06

Peachy where are you?!?!?!

A
Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!

WC Champs 2006

Moves
08 May 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Why is it whenever Muslims mention Allah or Muhammed they always add some sort of (peace be unto him) thingy? Is this commanded in the Qu'ran?
It is out of respect.

As far as I know, it is not a divine decree.

It's also not only for Muhammed (PBUH) and Allah (SWT), but also for all the prophets, including Jesus (RA) and Moses (RA) 😉

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
08 May 06

Maybe its to be nice sothat we can give them money?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
11 May 06

Originally posted by ASROMA
It is out of respect.

As far as I know, it is not a divine decree.

It's also not only for Muhammed (PBUH) and Allah (SWT), but also for all the prophets, including Jesus (RA) and Moses (RA) 😉
What do those abbreviations mean? PBUH looks like Peace Be Unto Him, but I can't make out the others.

A
Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!

WC Champs 2006

Moves
11 May 06
2 edits

What do those abbreviations mean? PBUH looks like Peace Be Unto Him, but I can't make out the others.
Quite right.

PBUH is Peace be Upon Him

The others are Arabic. I should've been consistent and said Muhammed (SAW). I'm struggling to recall the exact English translation for the others.

I'll ask someone and post the English equivalent when I know or alternatively, when Peachy is back from hiatus, he can help.

e

Moves
11 May 06
1 edit

The Iranian president, when recently chastising Bush through a letter, made reference to Christ several times, each time adding "Peace Be Upon Him" so it may be respect for all prophets recognized by Islam.